• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Yet Another Cav Lover

Hi everyone. My name is Vickie, and I am owned by Snuggles. He is a 5 yr old Ruby, that I rescued from a puppy mill/dog broker. When I found him, he was 8 months old, and lived all his life in a small crate in the basement. He had no socialization. He was fearful, timid, and shy. He looked at me with the saddest most depressed eyes I have ever seen. After seeing him, I knew I would not leave him another day.
Snuggles has been my constant shadow...I go nowhere without him by my side. It has been like this since the day I walked out of the basement with him in my arms. He never looked sad again!
I had to teach him how to walk up/down stairs, how to play, and that he could walk "anywhere" that he wanted to go. He would not walk under chairs, tables, or through passages unless they were wide open spaces. He was underweight, his coat was bad, his teeth were bad, he had several kinds of worms, he had ear mites. I have been blessed with the fact that at 5yrs. now, he shows no signs of any of the health issues. I give thanks every night for this.
My first Cav. was a Tri girl I found sitting beside the highway, waiting to cross. I tried for weeks to find owners of what I believed to ba a cocker/mix. When unable to, my family decided we wanted to adopt her. Upon taking Thuimper to the vet for vaccinations, I was informed she was a purebred CKCS. I had never heard of this breed before. Even made the vet look it up and show me pics to prove he wasnn't pulling my leg. Thumper showed us what a wonderful breed they are. My dream is to own a bl. female puppy to name Trinket. A trinket is something you pay a "butt load" of money for, for something you don't really need". I figure that defines ME. That will be after Snuggles is no longer with us since he is so jelous about sharing me. He tolerates me showing affection for that cats only because they are.......well..........cats! To share me with another dog would break his little heart. There is nothing on this earth as great as being "owned" by a cavalier!
I welcome all my new friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_welcome

Awww snugglesmom, that was such a sweet post. The thought that it is you who are owned by your cavalier and not vice versa is such a lovely view (and such a true one!).

Hello and welcome- you will love it here, I know I do :D :flwr:

Welcome to the board. So glad Snuggles is part of your life. We will love to hear stories and see pics.

Welcome! What a lovely story and a lovely woman you are!

Chester and I look forward to seeing photos and seeing you around the forums!

Posts yes.....Pics.......doubtful. I am not...let me stress that.....NOT good at computers, and have absolutely no idea of what to do, even if I have the instructions. :sl*p: I learned to get online....find e-bay, and that's all I needed for a long time. hehe

Welcome. Bless you for opening your heart to not one but two dogs who were in need. What a wonderful job you've done for Snuggles. And I love the name Trinket (what a great name for a Cavalier)!

Welcome icon_welcome :flwr:

Yes you have that right....owned by a Cavalier!! wouldn't have it any other way would we! :lol:

Alison, Wilts, u.k.

icon_welcome Vickie and Snuggles :flwr:

We're all owned by Cavaliers too :lol: If you want to share pics with us then Karlin has instructions on here http://cavaliertalk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2244 if it's still a mystery to you then feel free to email some to me [email protected] and I will put them up for you :flwr:

How lovely that you took Snuggles away from that awful place and gave him the life he truly deserves. We are all completely anti puppy-mill on here so you're in good company :flwr:

Back