• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Awesome Avatars!!!

jeni

I would like to ask everyone where they create their awesome avatars??? Like Manda, Mimi, Linda, and Davy have really nice avatars...
I tried looking on the net for avatar creators and it is nothing like these. Do you just go into a photo editing system and create your own or how do you do it if you don't mind me asking?
Thank you so much (y)

Roxanne has a friend that will make them.
Do a search on here and I think you will find her post about the custom avatars.

Nancy
NJ

I create my own , Nifa is my own cavalier . I'm a photographer by profession , so I am always taking photographs of the girls . The design can be done in any photoshop programme , Photoshop Elements or higher . Just a matter of picking a colour from the photo to create a border. The photo is taken on a compact digital camera .
Very simple really .
Nifa says thanks for the compliment on her photo she just loves posing for the camera .
Mimi

Thank you :flwr:

I made it myself from a photo of SiânE, put it in to photoshop and made it look like a painting. I like it so much I took the background away and turned it in to an avatar. Little SiânE now’s goes out on all my emails as well.

Davy said:

I made it myself from a photo of SiânE, put it in to photoshop and made it look like a painting. I like it so much I took the background away and turned it in to an avatar. Little SiânE now’s goes out on all my emails as well.

That's a brilliant idea! :)

Davy said:

I know this sounds thick but how exactly did you do it? Is there a facility in photoshop that can do this for you? I don't have photoshop but am considering getting a copy. I could do with something as I don't like paintshop.

I really want Quark as it's what I used at college but it's soooooooooooooo expensive :(

I know this sounds thick but how exactly did you do it? Is there a facility in photoshop that can do this for you? I don't have photoshop but am considering getting a copy. I could do with something as I don't like paintshop.

I’ve got Photoshop 7 because my brother is in to photography when he moved up to the next level he gave me his copy, he also gives me loads of filters to use with it as well. I’m lucky as he keeps updating all his stuff and I’m the one who get the gear afterward.

To make the avatar with no background, just scale it down to the size you want then cut away the background and save as a gif file instead of a jpeg.

Getting it to look like a painting is a bit more complicated as you need to use a duplicate layer of the photo, use a filter effect on the layer and then blend in the layer to the original and keep doing this with different layers until you get the affect you want.

I finish it off using a pen and tablet (another hand me down) with the smudge, dodge and burn effects.

The original photo
Imag0008A.jpg

Scale down version of the painting
Davy06.jpg

I tried another filter with it. I then took away the background
sianeLA.jpg

last off made it into a gif so that no background shows
sian.gif

It’s a lot harder to explain than to do. It’s just a case of messing about to get the look that you want.

It's wonderful :flwr: I wish I was taht technically minded and don't have a tablet either so no chance of me doing one for my emails and letters :roll:

I am going to have to check in to all of that. I love those avatars!!!
They are wonderful!!!! :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Back