• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Bladder Control

CosmoKC

Hi all!!

Cosmo is doing great, and I couldn't be happier :D

We've had him for 3 weeks, and he is now 18 weeks old. Does anyone know typically how long an 18 week old Cav can hold their bladder for? I'm sure that every dog is different, but I just wanted to get an idea. I'm still paranoid, and stay up with him late and make sure he goes before going to bed and putting him in the crate and he's had no accidents other than the first 2 nights and the one night with the big thunder storm.

Any help would be appreciated.

During the day, the guide is an hour per month of age but really about 8 hours is the maximum an adult should have to hold it and even then, not every single day. At night, many cavalier puppies will be fine all night long as they aren't active, after about 10-12 weeks. Some are OK earlier, some later. At 18 weeks he shouldn't really need to be walked in the middle of the night.

Thanks for the response. As of right now, he never goes more that 5-6 hours overnight. I'd like to get an extra hour or 2 of sleep, but was affraid. During the day, there is almost always someone home and he goes out to the yard quite frequently.

Back