• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

lead for 3 or 3 dogs

Jen114

Do you know if they make leads for 2 or 3 dogs at a time

I took Kayla/ Molly / Abby for a walk yesterday and i ended up tieing the leashes together. it was fun taking them

then we all sat on a bench and people watched

Yes, there are leashes of this sort. They are generally called couplers. You can do a search online and on this site and you might get some good suggestions.

I tried a two lead thing - please note the 'tried' - I have three seperate leads now - I am sure there is a thread with a good online store.

I tried a coupler when India and Geordie were younger. They didn't like it, so we just use separate leads.

looks cool,,,, because they walked much better whenthey were close... when the leash was not tied i was getting tied up with the three of them lol

We use couplers when we walk all 4. 2 dogs per leash; one leash in each hand. The 2 youngest go together and the 2 olders go together. Otherwise, the young ones tangle everything up!

It didn't work with Busta and Woody - Busta is always trying to get in front and then when each of them wanted to go to the toilet the other would keep walking - it was a funny five minutes watching Busta hopping down the road trying to wee....... :lol:

sorry for not getting here sooner...

yes I have just bought a three dog system from

http://larzpetgear.com/shop/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=10

IT'S BRILLIANT!!!!

This is what you get for each dog

IMG_1267.jpg

For two dogs you use the extra strong bungee cord, individual bungee leads and the splitter

IMG_1270.jpg

For three you just clip the third dog's bungee lead to the splitter.

With two, they don't tangle at all. With three, they do a little but it's very easy to untangle them, you just drop the handle part through where they are tangled - MUCH easier than unknotting leads.

The main reason for buying this though is to stop the pulling - mine will all walk beautifully individually, but pull like trains together :roll:

It really works...have a read through the website.

It look expensive, but with the dollar so low at the moment it was abot £50 with shipping....and Id say it was worth it.

The shopping basket might not let you enter other than Us for shipping, but if you e-mail they will sort it out. It takes a few weeks as they make them to order. There's a choice of colours - we thought black would go with everything!

This is a complete set for TWO dogs

IMG_1271.jpg

I have tried many other duo leads, couplers etc, but none were as good as this

Nicki thanks! I was just thinking about that lead, as I'd read about it and was going to say it looked good but I'd never tried it... but I couldn't remember where I'd seen it!

I find walking two on a long coupler (fabric, NOT chain) from petedge.com works well for two BUT they do end up like a sled team if you have dogs that like to pull. I have a triple couple but it is a bit awkward.

I remembered looking at this lead and thinking it might work pretty well.

When I walk them on separate leads, I find using different colour leads really helps. I do two different colour longer leads for the boys and a shorter lead for Lily (who doesn't pull). Still it is awkward and I am always worried I will drop a lead at the wrong moment, so I might order one of these.

That would be a good, cheaper option for those whose dogs aren't pullers, as it still allows the individual bits to swivel, which helps with tangles.

I found Jaspar and Leo started to pull more and more when together on the coupler -- in a way they never did individually. I think I am going to try the bungee lead option -- I like how it breaks down into individual leads or for two as well.

That actually looks interesting....

I had Ruby and Bailey on a coupler and it was a complete disaster.... Now it might have been from the fact that they are badly behaved when out in public and bark and run after other dogs... lol

I brought them out on one once.... I had it attached to their puppia harness's that sit really nicely on them. They seen a dog and went mad, Ruby slipped out of her harness - how I do not know. I didn't know what to do - run to get her or Bailey.

They walk much better on singular leads, but then again other peoples dogs are probably angels when going out for walkies... lol :lol:

Back