• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Depressed King

Kingofthehouse86

Well its been 2 days since my lil "Buddy" left; and King has been down in the dumps... :( I've tried to give him so much extra attention playing a lot more..we even went on a really long walk yesterday to try to get our heads cleared...2day wasn't good 4 a walk to much humidity (we walked 4 bout 20 mins but King was having trouble breathing in the thick air) Tuesday nit when I came home wit no "Buddy" King was a little bumbed; we went to lay down and relax, b4 dinner, I told him that Buddy has a new home and he probably won't see him again...He really understood me cuz he laid his head down on my shoulder and started to sob :( I felt so bad...I really wanna try to convince my mom to left me adopt a kitty (only after our vacation of coarse) hopefully she'll allow it (but probably not :( ) I'm really making sure King eats, even if it means spicing his food up wit something special...I kno he'll b alrit but I just feel so bad for him...mayb this vacation is something he needs just as much as we do...

Endings can be so painful. who's Buddy?
my daughter got a new kitten from a rescue about a month or a month and a half ago, Aurora, and her cav Belle now thinks it's her cat. they play all the time and Aurora tries to nurse on Belle. makes me want to get a kitten.

Oh poor King, :cry*ing: ,,fingers crossed that you will be able to adopt a kitten as company for him.
Perhaps there are other "only" dogs in your area that you could get a club together with for a weekly walk together or play session with? you could start a "Pup Club" I bet King would love that! :lotsaluv:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

poor King and you- i feel so bad for you both :(

After reading all your messages about lil buddy I was sure that, eventually, you would just have to keep him!! But Im sure that with you looking after him, and some TLC, King will be right as rain again soon.

And you never know, perhaps he'll have a little kitty playmate in his future... icon_whistling :lol:

Oh King big huggies to you, baby :lotsaluv: . Now that Buddy has gone to him new home, maybe Daddy will con your Granny into agreeing a kittykat playmate for you or even a buggly bunny.

Bunnies can make nice house pets and can be trained to use a litter box too. My Maxx used to romp around with our bunny and even get into his hutch with him. They adored each other - we think Freddie is playing with his 2 kitty playmates & all the other Cavaliers at the bridge until Maxx joins him :flwr:

Might be worth considering Aaron, bunnies don't cost much to keep either and are just as cuddly as kittykats :D

Thnx every1....this morning he's got a little spring in his step...I think he had a very nice nit...I just gotta hope I can push my mom to letting me get a kitty or a bunny (thnx for the bunny tip Donna) cuz we actually have a very large bunny at work who could use a home...mayb I'll get her if the answer is "NO" on the kitty...again thnx every1

If you decide on her then make sure she's been well handled or start handling her a while before you take her home. If she shows any aggression then usually spaying will sort that out for her.

I love bunnies, people don't believe it but they do have their own personalities and actually behave a little like dogs. Ours used to herd any cats that came into the garden :lol:

Hubby won't let me have another as we've spent a fortune on the garden and my bunnies always eat the plants :oops: This is the first time I haven't had at least one :(

If you do get a bunny, here is a great link for bunny information:
http://www.rabbit.org/

I found it when my stepdaughter had her little rabbit. You're right, they are lots of fun and do have personality, likes, and dislikes same as a cat or dog.

Back