• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Yet another Gimmick

Linda

We'll call me a twit or a sucker which ever. (don't you dare) :shock: :shock:

Anyway here I am walking around Walmart the other night like Woolworth's for our British friends. :D :D :D
Get to the pet isle, as my darling Red Headed little Angel yet again chewed through not the 1st, 2nd, but 3rd extenda leash. :yikes :yikes

Intention was to only buy the leash and leave, well that is another story that I am sure you can all relate too.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I come across this nail clipper that has a Ultra Violet Light on it, I was so excited since my wee monster has all but one black nail. Thought to myself this is smashing, get home rush to open it up and check it out.

We'll it only took me 1/2 an hour to get the darn batteries in it, finally I am all set. I grab my wee love to check it out, now it is suppossed to show you the vein through this light. :w**h**:

All set, I am looking for the vein and I could not find it I was so ticked off
I hate it when they advertise stuff and it does not do what it is suppossed to.

So back to the cat clippers for the wee bugger. :bang:

I was so ticked, I just had to share now be honest anybody else get suckered with these gadgets. :xfngr: :xfngr:

It is going back tonight on my way up north.

Now you all be honest, I know I cannot possible be alone on this one I hope. icon_nwunsure

I know what you mean. :( Usually in my case I am too lazy or just plain forget to take the gadget back. I actually bought a new nail clipper yesterday at the pet store that has a safety guard on it. It will only let you put the nail through the hole just a bit to cut. I thought it was worth the try, just 7.99$ I have a drawer full of little gadgets that were just 7.99$ :roll: Maybe I will learn my lesson someday too... :lol:

:D :D I can't tell you the amount of "stuff" and "gadgets" I've accumulated for "just $7.99" and never use!! :shock:

Don't worry - we've all been there...I'm a great one for gadgets :lol:

Sorry this didn't work it sounded a great idea...

Enjoy your weekend up ~North...will be thinking of you 8)

BTW if anyone has goodies that they don't use - nail clippers, grooming tools. bowls, leads etc, most rescues are extremely grateful for them...have a clear out over the weekend, it's good to declutter and for a great cause too :D

i was flea combing zack but he had so many that it was frustrating to have to wait each time to soak the comb in soapy water, trying to shake them off, they would stick to the comb and not even die, it took forever while more fleas were still there on his body needing attention. so, on ebay i stumbled on this thing called the Flea Zapper, an electronic flea comb that kills the fleas on contact as it goes a long. It's advertised for short haired dogs and cats. i had just gotten zack's hair cut so i thought "ok, cool, sounds great." when it came, it took a while to get the batteries in. :x but it did work, the fleas got zapped, and that was gratifying, and it was easy to clean off, came with a brush. but before long i found i wasn't getting nearly as many fleas as with the regular comb, and i was combing right over fleas and nothing was happening to them. Apparently zack's coat wasn't short enough, the thing has short teeth. Also, compared to the other comb which he rather seemed to like, he did not like the feeling of the Flea Zapper. It seemed to be abrasive to his skin and to his fur. It cost $30 so i kept trying it, and zack kept not liking it though he went along but not as easilly as with the regular comb. But it wasn't worth the effort because it wasn't getting many fleas, and it was hard to get any, and, the worst thing was, i noticed his coat wasn't as soft and eventually came up with the theory that the electronic current probably burned off or dried out the oils in his fur and in his skin. :( With more regular brushing, that has improved but what waste of money.

i often send things back or return them. I love my main pet store because they will take everything back, even three months later, or whenever. And that adds up to a decent piece of change.

anyway, shame on those nail clipper people for such false advertizing. too bad it didn't work. maybe call their company before returning it and see if there is some way of getting it to work?

anyway, shame on those nail clipper people for such false advertizing. too bad it didn't work. maybe call their company before returning it and see if there is some way of getting it to work?

I called the company Judy, they claim that it was only tested on a few dogs with black nails. I asked how they could advertise to sell something without proper results.

He said they will have someone call me, I won't hold my breath.

He also said it really only works on dogs with white nails, I told him I can see the vein in my dog that has white nails. I also told him the little instruction leaflet claims that it works with black nails.

He was at a loss for words.

just wanted to share with you that kosmo has all white and 1 black nail!! LOL it made me laugh when i heard what color darby's were. take care :)

:) A while back I brought a grooming kit but none of the dogs will let me near then it was 9.99 :lol: Aileen

arasara said:
just wanted to share with you that kosmo has all white and 1 black nail!! LOL it made me laugh when i heard what color darby's were. take care :)

Don't laugh your next one might have all black nails, the wee rascal had
white ones when he was born. Little bugger, but I am getting better at cutting them I find the Cat Clipper works better right now. :D :D :D :D

matties mum said:
:) A while back I brought a grooming kit but none of the dogs will let me near then it was 9.99 :lol: Aileen

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah it's nice to know I am not alone in this field.

Luv you all for being so honest. :D :D :D :D :hug:

Judy, has Zack still got fleas? Have none of the things you've tried, worked? You do know that fleas can live on carpets and in soft furnishings for quite some time, don't you? :yikes

{{{{{{{{Linda}}}}}}}} I thought it was only me that these things happened to :roll:

Hope the company send you some freebies for your trouble ;) Have a good time up North :)

Back