PDA

View Full Version : Puppia for Sale

Jen
11th August 2006, 05:04 PM
Red, soft mesh Puppia, Size L. Clean, excellent condition. $15.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y166/Abbeymae/PuppiaSoftHarnessRedSmallImage.jpg

judy
12th August 2006, 08:29 AM
i would be interested in getting it, but i'm not sure how to judge what size zack needs. I got him a small about 3 months ago, on eBay, and it was way too small for him. Not sure if a large would be right or too big. He weighs about 14 pounds 4 oz. That's why i never tried to get another Puppia, i dont know how to fit him. But i think he'd look great in red.

arasara
12th August 2006, 01:57 PM
Judy,

I think the sizing is fairly straight forward. (though don't ask Karlin about that, she's had a whirl of a time with ordering a size and getting a size marked something else and so on!) The lady I was talking about, Roxanne, sells Puppias on her website. She's a member of this board. Her website is www.tiabellas.com There is a sizing chart for the harnesses on there. I measured Kosmo with a regular measuring tape.. Good luck ! :flwr: (:

Cathy T
12th August 2006, 04:00 PM
Jen - I would love to buy this from you!! Jake currently has a size large in dark blue...but you can't see it against his dark body. I've thought about getting a new one but couldn't justify spending the money because there was nothing wrong with this current one. This I can justify!!! I'll pm you.

judy
12th August 2006, 06:59 PM
thanks sara--it would fit zack perfectly according to the chart--i would've thought he'd be a medium, he's under 15 pounds. anyway, he's still growing. so i would definitely like to buy it.

cathy--if you buy it, that's good too--it will stay in the 'family.'

love that photo of cedar on the tiabela site. :flwr:

Cathy T
13th August 2006, 03:23 PM
The sizing on these can definitely be a bit tricky. Jake is 21 lbs and the Large fits him perfectly. Shelby is 19 lbs and she always wears large but it's a little loose around her neck. I couldn't get a medium over either of their heads :shock:

judy
13th August 2006, 10:49 PM
The sizing on these can definitely be a bit tricky. Jake is 21 lbs and the Large fits him perfectly. Shelby is 19 lbs and she always wears large but it's a little loose around her neck. I couldn't get a medium over either of their heads :shock:

It sure is tricky. On the tiabella site it says the medium is 11.5" at the collar and large is 13" at the collar. Measuring Zack's neck at the smallest point, behind the skull, with two fingers breadth leeway, his neck is 12.5". it seems the medium would be either too small to fit over his head, or would be awfully tight, with no room to grow.

The chest on the Large ranges from 18.5" to 23". Zack's chest measures 17.5 at its narrowist point, so i guess a large is the only size that would fit him, and would give room to grow.

It may be that his frame is large compared to his weight. 14.25 lbs seems like a low weight, i thought he was at least 15, the weight hasn't gone up in a long time. He doeesn't look scrawny to me but he does have a distinct waist. you can feel his ribs, but you can't see them. Vet said he was perfect weight and size. but it looks to me like he could gain some and still not be fat. When i bought the first Puppia i went by weight, he was probably about 12 pounds then and i heard of other dogs who were 12 lbs and wore a small so i got a small, but it wouldt' fit over his head. So i guess it's his frame.

judy
13th August 2006, 10:55 PM
I deleted the text for this because it was a duplicate post.
I'm having bad internet problems today due to Time Warner taking over Adelphia. i guess i ended up with two posts when i kept clicking on submit because it wasn't working. i dont' really know how it happened but it took a long time to send that post. :(

on my 4th call to Time Warner since Friday morning, and second call today, i finally got a guy who didn't insist that the problem was with my wireless router. He did more checking and said he could see that there was a problem with lots of cable modems in my area, and that it was on their end, not mine. He said that it had not been reported to their engineers yet. He said he would do that right now, that their engineers didnt' know about it yet. but now, they would start workign on it.

I hate when that happened. I knew it wasn't my wireless router, but there was nothing i could do.

why am i venting about this here? ok, good bye.

ps, i'm on earthink dialup right now. i asked him for a discount on my bill because i am paying for high speed internet and he gave me $10.

Karlin
13th August 2006, 11:07 PM
Judy, a medium would fit a dog up to 16.5 lbs or so; they don;t really fit like a collar would. A large would be huge on a 14-ish lb dog.

I finally got the mix up on sizes figured out -- for some reason I was sent a medium that falls in between the current medium and large sizes, plus a 'real' medium, which I had assumed was a small. But the smalls are really tiny. It's a shame my weird medium isnn't the correct medium size as they are a better medium -- the larges are a lot larger and Jaspar is in between the medium and large.

The small would be too small for a puppy by the time it is about 6 months.

The large is pretty big. Jaspar can wear one but it is very loose; he's about 16.5 lbs. The medium is a little snug going over his head but fits fine and there's plenty of room in the girth.

Jen
13th August 2006, 11:13 PM
Sold! Thanks everyone! :D

Cathy T
14th August 2006, 12:13 AM
Can't wait!! Will post a pic when we get it.

Jen
14th August 2006, 01:05 AM
Judy, a medium would fit a dog up to 16.5 lbs or so; they don;t really fit like a collar would. A large would be huge on a 14-ish lb dog.

I finally got the mix up on sizes figured out -- for some reason I was sent a medium that falls in between the current medium and large sizes, plus a 'real' medium, which I had assumed was a small. But the smalls are really tiny. It's a shame my weird medium isnn't the correct medium size as they are a better medium -- the larges are a lot larger and Jaspar is in between the medium and large.

The small would be too small for a puppy by the time it is about 6 months.

The large is pretty big. Jaspar can wear one but it is very loose; he's about 16.5 lbs. The medium is a little snug going over his head but fits fine and there's plenty of room in the girth.

I agree, I think Zach needs a medium. Abbey had this large, and now that she's lost weight it's really big and baggy on her. She's now wearing a medium, and although it's kinda snug going over her head, it's roomy in her chest (typically the harderst area to fit with this breed). I'd suggest getting two, and then returning the one that doesn't fit, just to see for yourself which fit you're comfortable with. Karlin's right, the small is super small and the large is really big.

judy
14th August 2006, 01:34 AM
I agree, I think Zach needs a medium. Abbey had this large, and now that she's lost weight it's really big and baggy on her. She's now wearing a medium, and although it's kinda snug going over her head, it's roomy in her chest (typically the harderst area to fit with this breed). I'd suggest getting two, and then returning the one that doesn't fit, just to see for yourself which fit you're comfortable with. Karlin's right, the small is super small and the large is really big.

Well, Zack's neck is 12" at the narrowest point and the medium is 11.5", so from what you guys are saying, it sounds like Puppia is not right for Zack.
:(

According to the size chart, the chest on the Large would be 1" too big, and i thought he would fit into it as he grew, if he grew, he's 9 months, will he grow anymore? I dont' know. Anyway, it sounds like the Medium will be too small in the neck so i guess i'll forget about it.

If i knew of some place locally where i could buy Puppia, i'd get a medium and try it, but with having to order it and have it shipped and then ship it back if it doesn't fit, that doesn't sound so good, especially if i'd have to pay return shipping. they're already pretty expensive.

arasara
14th August 2006, 01:38 AM
I'll tell you what Judy...

You can order Zack a medium and if it doesn't fit him I will buy it back from you at cost. I'll send you the money plus shipping up to Canada - we just have to come up to an agreement on the color. :p

Jen
14th August 2006, 03:39 AM
Judy, it's just a general measurement. Abbey and Gus do not fit the measurements listed, however, they both fit into a medium. It's a bit big on Gus, but the small is too small. It's a bit snug on Abbey, but the large is too large. You just have to go with the size that is more comfortable for Zach, regardless of what the measurements suggest.
Good luck, and Sara's offer sounds like a perfect solution!

judy
14th August 2006, 06:29 AM
I'll tell you what Judy...

You can order Zack a medium and if it doesn't fit him I will buy it back from you at cost. I'll send you the money plus shipping up to Canada - we just have to come up to an agreement on the color. :p

sara, thanks, that's a good idea, except not sure you are interested in red. anyway, from what everyone is saying, it sounds like it's just not something that will fit Zack. I definitely don't want something too snug, even if i can get it over his head, not sure it would make sense to get the medium if the neck is 11.5" and his neck is 12". I never get things to fit overly snug, i like circulation to be free and for his skin to be able to breathe. I thought a Large size Puppia that was only an inch bigger than his narrowest chest measurement would be fine, giving him a little room to grow, and the neck sounded just right, but from what people here are saying, at Zack's weight, a large would be way too big, not just a little room to grow but hanging on him. So i think his body must just not be right for the Puppia. :( too bad, they are so nice looking. but with all the info i've gotten on this thread, it sounds like he just has a weird body shape that Puppia can't fit. If he grows another inch in the chest, then i'll get large, if he also puts on three more pounds. But if he also grows in the neck, then he will be too big for the large. so, again, i think he has the wrong body for it.

if i could find a local retailer that has them, then i could try it on him. They have a phone number so i'll call and see.

thanks for the support!! definitely get one for kosmo and post photos. What color do you like?

arasara
14th August 2006, 11:18 AM
I actually recently ordered a black one from Roxanne. It should be in the mail in the next few days, but I had to wait because I am a pain in the butt and ordered a color that she didn't sell. icon_whistling According to measurements he'd fit a small but he's still growing so I picked medium. Others on his list are green (thanks to Cathy Moon's Geordie!), dark blue, and camo.. hehe (: The red one seems alright though. Don't be scared off by the puppia - I am sure just like humans dogs have different "body types." Two women at 5'5 weighing in at 140lbs can look totally different, even wear different size clothes!! Is Zack still growing consistently or is he slowing down now? Kosmo is still gaining weight but it's slower than it used to be .. (: Take care Judy and let me know what you decide! (:

judy
19th August 2006, 08:21 AM
I actually recently ordered a black one from Roxanne. It should be in the mail in the next few days...Is Zack still growing consistently or is he slowing down now? Kosmo is still gaining weight but it's slower than it used to be .. (: Take care Judy and let me know what you decide! (:

I found a local store in my neighborhood that carries them--way more expensive than online (over $30) but i was able to try on the different sizes and you guys were right, the medium fits him perfectly. The large fit him too, it wasn't bad, it would work, and would be good if he's going to grow very much, but where he's at now, the medium is better.

The store didn't have the red in medium. All they had was pink and bright green. I found another local store (about 20 miles away) that has the medium for only $19.99 before shipping, that's a good price, although i expect there will be sales tax too. Still it will come out better than over $30, and i might be able to pick it up in person and save the shipping cost, and i have a trip out that way on Wednesday for my job anyway. So that's what I'm going to do Sara, buy one around here some place, but thanks for offering to help zack get his puppia. just the offer is a gift in itself. :flwr:

I can't say that he's still growing. His weight hasn't gone up in a long time. It's staying stable. But he's only 9 months so i'm wondering if he will grow some more.

Did kosmo's puppia arrive yet? photos? :)

The colors i like for Zack are red, the soft yellow with the black outline and the soft green with the black outline. I tried the bright green on him and didn't like it.

so, anyway, he should have one in the next week or so.

Cathy Moon
19th August 2006, 12:07 PM
Good choices! I have found that both the red and the yellow look great on Tri-color! :)

Cathy T
22nd August 2006, 04:48 AM
Jake's beautiful red puppia arrived today. He wore it for his walk this afternoon. I swear he was strutting. I'll take a picture of him in it tomorrow and post.

Thansk Jen!