• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Gues what?????

emsley

We got a rescue cavalier yesterday!!!
Yay!!!
We have been looking for months for another one, and stumbled on one on the All Creatures Great & Small Animal Sanctuary website.
She is a blenheim called Chloe, small, and so adorable.
She has fallen in love with our blalck & tan, Toby, who is being a very respectful gentleman at the moment! The draught in our house from two madly waving tails is unbelievable! They play in the garden together for hours, and, very strangley, she slept on our bed last night!
It was bliss!
When I can get to grips with my new camera, I will bore you all to death with piccies!
We are so happy :D

Well, it's now one week today that little Chloe came into our home and it's all been perfect!!
After the first day of great excitement from the other two dogs, they have all settled down so much better than we would ever have imagined.
It's as if they have all been together for ages!
She is such a clever little sweetie. By the second day of being here, she knew that breakfast for dogs was at 8 am and evening meal was served at 6 pm!! She sits on the kitchen floor waiting, and making me conscious of the time! Eats everything we put in her bowl. She had obviously never had a chew before, because the first one she had she didn't know what to do with it, second night she watched the others and now we have 3 of them chewing in unison in the evenings!
We have the usual walk over the fields in the morning, and she squeaks with excitement all the way there (not allowed off lead yet,on a long extending lead, but she's dying to go with the others). Different walk in the afternoon, with her looking all around and taking it all in. She sleeps all night til 6 am, she has been on the bed with us every night but I put a blanket on an antiqure nursing chair that we have in our bedroom last night and she slept curled up there for a large part of the night - obviously feeling a bit more confident. She hates being apart from me, and if I go to the supermarket leaving the dogs with my husband, I come home to see Toby, Jessie and now little Chloe sitting on the front room windowsill waiting for me!! I have taken her out with me in the car quite a few times and she just settles down on rear seat quietly. What a sweetheart.
All in all, it seems to be turning out perfectly and I am sure that it is because these Cavaliers are such fantastic little doggies.
I always wanted four CKC's, and I think this has been such a positive experience that we will end up with another two rescue dogs.
I am so happy!

p.s. I still can't get to grips with posting pictures - sorry!- I will try harder this weekend. Can't wait for you all to see my babies.

What a great story and lovely to read on a Friday morning. She sounds like she has found the perfect home. It is so rewarding to watch them realise they get to do all these new things. :)

Sounds like a match made in heaven! *ng*l
So glad she fits right in with your pups and your routine. BTW, I printed out Karlin's instructions on posting photos and it made it easier to understand step by step. Good luck! :flwr:

Back