PDA

View Full Version : Tri Girl at Many Tears

Maxxs_Mummy
12th August 2006, 12:17 PM
Tri girl at Many Tears....

Ex- Puppy farm as usual :( poor little love looks petrified, hope someone takes her to her forever home very soon. I wish I could have her but I know there's no point in even asking :(

http://www.freewebs.com/manytearsrescue/dogslookingforhomes.htm

misty
12th August 2006, 02:16 PM
I thought she looked scared too, poor little sweetheart :(

At least when Bradley came away from the puppy farm, he was with 4 other companions. She must be wondering what on earth's happening to her now.

I'd put money on it someone's got their name down for her already though :). (No, not me ;) ).

Alison_Leighfield
12th August 2006, 03:46 PM
Yes, she looks so frightened.......someone will take her home and love her forever...

Alison, wilts, U.K.

jo
12th August 2006, 04:43 PM
I wish I hadn't of looked at the photo, because now I'm really tempted. :?
I've said ever since we got Maisie that when she was a bit older, we would get a friend for her. Now I need some advice....... Would little Jaylo freak having a 7 1/2mth old running around her???? Do you think it is wise getting a rescue when Masie is still a pup?? Oh god!!!!! I decided that our next dog would definately be a rescue, and it seems like too good to be true. I take it she's never lived in a proper home before, so what do you think she would be like around children????
HELP EVERYONE.

Jo
Maisie (ruby)

Alison_Leighfield
12th August 2006, 06:47 PM
This little one has come from the Puppy Farm and has been used as a breeding bitch.....both my two Cavalier girls were also ex breeding bitches....they loved puppies!

A gentle well supervised introduction should do the trick and just keep an eye that Masie gives her the respect that she deserves, do it gradually day by day just like introducing any puppy to an older dog.

Go on, give her a chance of alot of happiness and buckets of love!

PM any time if you get stuck with anything. :flwr:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Maxxs_Mummy
12th August 2006, 08:08 PM
I can second what Alison says. I knew her two very well and they were absolute darlings. When they stayed with me they were absolutely fine with children that we met whilst out on walks and even when my friends came to visit with their children - obviously well supervised and I'm sure you would supervise well from your other posts :)

misty
12th August 2006, 08:17 PM
Many Tears are delighted to hear from people who already have a Cavi., to adopt one of their ex puppy farm cavs.

Tbh, I should imagine the phone started ringing for Jay-Lo when MT opened at 10 this morning, but do give it a try.

If it's any consolation, I tried for 2 cavaliers from Many Tears before we got lucky with Bradley. I didn't realise they go so quickly :)

Bradley came in with 4 other cavaliers and popped up on the website on a Thursday night. I phoned up at 10.00 when they opened the next day and they were engaged solidly til I got through about 20 mins later. By that time 4 of the cavaliers had already got people (subject to homecheck); we fell in just right and got Bradley.

A tip I've noticed - MT seem to update their website every 1-2 days, usually early/mid evening. If you don't get Jay-Lo, just keep watching out.

Oh, another thing - I e-mailed interested in a cavalier and they didn't read the e-mail for 24 hours, so it's just as well to phone I think. They are so very busy there and do a wonderful job.

Alison is so experienced with ex puppy farm dogs and is a mine of info. The main thing to bear in mind, I think, is that you don't get a dream dog overnight but when you get the triumphs, they mean so much more.

And also be prepared for literally many tears. Sometimes when Bradley "freezes" I just cry and cry. I try not to think about his past, but inevitably do at times.

Alison_Leighfield
12th August 2006, 08:32 PM
Fran,

You are so right in that you don't get a dream dog overnight......

But my two made all my dreams come true....they surprised me daily, they gave and trusted so completely, they changed me as a person for the better, taught me patience and tolerence, and I never knew such happiness as while I had them under my wing.....they are so, so missed.

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

misty
12th August 2006, 08:53 PM
Fran,

You are so right in that you don't get a dream dog overnight......

But my two made all my dreams come true....they surprised me daily, they gave and trusted so completely, they changed me as a person for the better, taught me patience and tolerence, and I never knew such happiness as while I had them under my wing.....they are so, so missed.

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

((((( Alison )))))

You did such wonderful things for those 2 little girls. I'm sure they're watching over you, and are now taking their turn in protecting you.

You gave them the most precious gift anyone could give them.

All I can say to anyone thinking of a puppy farm/mill rescue is that these dogs have probably seen things that we could never imagine, and wouldn't want to.

I feel more maternal to my puppy farm boy than I did to my own daughter - that sounds dreadful. I think that is because his needs are more than just physical; he has emotional scars. I have literally never felt such a need to look after any person or animal in my life.

misty
12th August 2006, 11:39 PM
It says on MT website that Jay-Lo is being home-vetted.

Alison_Leighfield
13th August 2006, 07:53 AM
To anyone from here perhaps???

Alison, Wilts, U.k.

jo
13th August 2006, 03:44 PM
Looks like someone pipped me to it. :sl*p:

She looked so sad in the photo, so hopefully she's got a new happy home. I'm going to check many tears every day now just incase anymore like Jaylo appear. This maybe a daft question, but why do the puppy farms get rid of bitches who are only so young?

Jo
Maisie (ruby and waiting for a new friend)

misty
13th August 2006, 04:18 PM
Looks like someone pipped me to it. :sl*p:

She looked so sad in the photo, so hopefully she's got a new happy home. I'm going to check many tears every day now just incase anymore like Jaylo appear. This maybe a daft question, but why do the puppy farms get rid of bitches who are only so young?

Jo
Maisie (ruby and waiting for a new friend)

The puppy farms breed with these bitches every season. Many Tears had a dog a while ago (lab I think) which they estimated had given birth to over 90 pups :(. I should imagine after all those babies, they aren't very good mums anymore, so no use to the puppy farmers.

It probably depends how old they really are too - who can really say?

Good luck in your search though - I too literally checked MT website every night in the end and it proved worthwhile.

Alison_Leighfield
13th August 2006, 04:35 PM
They also get rid before heart probs and any health issues etc set in as P/F's don't do vet and meds treatments. That costs them money. They never ever see a vet.

They get rid if they produce pups that die or perhaps if no pups get produced at all. All they want from these breeding bitches is to make as much money from them with no cost to themselves. A stud dog goes if he isn't fertile or will not mate a bitch etc.

It's the very lucky ones that get put into a rescue, others find their fate much worse. They can be found in ditches shot or with heads caved in. This industry is a vile one.

If they cost money to the farmer they go... it's as simple as that.

My dear angel Honey-Bee was roughly age 10yrs, with a litter every season with 4/5 in a litter that makes roughly 60-80 pups give or take a few. No wonder she was worn out.

Love, care and a mum to stand in their corner is all they ask for. Keep checking the site daily and move quickly if you really want to take one, but please be realistic, they do take lots of time and care, let your head rule your choice not just your kind heart. :flwr:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Karlin
13th August 2006, 05:52 PM
I second what Alison has said here.

For anyone considering a puppy farm rescue, I really advise reading as much as you can about what is involved in giving such dogs a home and if possible talking directly to people (like Alison) who have homed such cavaliers and can talk honestly about the positives and negatives. These dogs can be very rewarding but likewise, they can be very difficult and challenging. For someone who doesn't have the time or who might not feel ready to deal with a dog that may have problems that will take time to overcome -- and may never be completely overcome -- a puppy farm rescue is probably not the right dog. They vary enormously in their neeeds, behaviour and general health and the commitment really has to be total, as it is very traumatic for them to settle in one place then need to be moved.

There can also be considerable costs depending on the health of the dog, which should also be considered.

Taking on a puppy farm rescue does involve thinking with the head as much as acting from the heart. First, none of these dogs will ever go wanting for a home -- Many Tears homes the cavaliers very easily -- so make sure taking on such dogs is something everyone in a family is prepared for rather than jumping to take one because you feel it might not find a home -- they will :). But ex puppy farm dogs are rarely like obtaining a puppy or an older dog from a previous home, and they very definitely won't be like the dog(s) you already have at home. This can create major challenges that not all people are comfortable with or ready for and can be very hard for children to understand.

I think it is really important for everyone's best interest (dog and people) to be very aware of what one may be taking on as there are many ways to help rescue dogs and actually adopting one is not the right choice for everybody (hence, don't act only from the heart). For others, it is exactly the right thing and very rewarding.

So just be very aware of what this involves and keep in mind that donations can be made to rescues, items donated, etc -- there are many productive ways to help. :)

Alison_Leighfield
13th August 2006, 06:04 PM
If anyone is wanting to discuss taking a puppy farm rescue into their home you are more than welcome to PM me for a chat or questions/worries you may have.

Only to willing to help you make the right choice.

Better to do that before than regret it all afterwards.

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

misty
13th August 2006, 07:05 PM
I consider myself lucky with Bradley, in that he had the confidence to love and be loved from the start. That is a beginning anyway, although I know he's still very scared. He doesn't show his fear, but I can tell by the way he freezes with a blank expression.

When we adopted Bradley, I had convinced myself it would take at least 2 years to get any progress with him - I think that's the best way to go into it.

Expect little and then every tiny success in a bonus.

matties mum
13th August 2006, 07:49 PM
Last year I took a trip to many tears to drop of some bedding and while I was there I met the dogs there were westies and cavaliers and I was very much wanted one of them I knew that I had said I would not but there was one dog who kept hold of my hand he was so wanting to come with me it was so hard to walk away now I take bedding and food to a local rescue Aileen

emsley
15th August 2006, 08:09 PM
Jaylo is available again.
Surely someone will help her? and give her a wonderful forever home.
Poor baby girlie.

matties mum
15th August 2006, 08:25 PM
Just been on M T site and she as a bad heart so going into foster care till she is on heart meds hoping for the best Aileen

misty
15th August 2006, 09:28 PM
I'm praying for her.

We would adopt her in a heartbeat tbh, if only to give her a loving home for whatever time she has left :(

I so hope this little lass makes it. Heartbreaking.

misty
15th August 2006, 09:43 PM
Lots of prayers and positive thoughts for Jay-Lo, please.

Alison_Leighfield
15th August 2006, 09:46 PM
Lets hope she turns the corner, poor little dog, none of them deserve this.
This is a lucky little girl even with this awful health that she has... she is out and free and is receiving care and meds etc, she will get a home and know love and friendship.....very soon I hope.
I worry for the ones still in those stinging vile hell holes, not only in the Welsh Puppy Farms but worldwide.

She is in my prayers tonight... with all the rest.

Alison, Wilts, U.k.

misty
15th August 2006, 09:56 PM
Lets hope she turns the corner, poor little dog, none of them deserve this.
This is a lucky little girl even with this awful health that she has... she is out and free and is receiving care and meds etc, she will get a home and know love and friendship.....very soon I hope.
I worry for the ones still in those stinging vile hell holes, not only in the Welsh Puppy Farms but worldwide.

She is in my prayers tonight... with all the rest.

Alison, Wilts, U.k.

I know what you mean, Alison. I look at Bradley and cry for his ex companions everywhere.

matties mum
16th August 2006, 09:01 AM
These are the lucky ones some of the others who knows what happens to them :( Aileen

misty
16th August 2006, 09:31 AM
These are the lucky ones some of the others who knows what happens to them :( Aileen

:( :( I know - I've read some stuff on the 'net about the fates of some PF dogs. It's just dreadful.