PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Dudley Vomitting & Diaharea

Linda
14th August 2006, 02:59 PM
Dudley was very sick on Saturday Evening, he was vomitting (which he has never done) and has had severe diaharea.

I am taking him to the Vet this afternoon, last night he vomitted just a little which looked to be bial. His diaharea seems to be getting better,
I boiled him Chicken and Rice yesterday which he ate I guess I should
of waited until today to try feeding him but I was camping and could not
remember previous posts made on this subject. I also placed a Hot Pack
wrapped in a towel on his tummy which seemed to sooth him. After doing that he looked much much better, although he kept trying to go to the
bathroom nothing was left. I guess like us the cramping still gives the
feeling of having to go.

I know that you have all advised to give rice and boiled chicken, I have
been keeping him hydrated.

Yesterday morning he looked horrible, I was trying to find a Vet and was unsuccessful. After a few hours his appearance got much better and he seemed to be feeling better too. So I decided it would be best to wait for
him to be seen by his own Vet today.

I have no idea what could of caused this, but was told by fellow campers that their pets have also been sick.
The lady who lives behind me thought that he may of eaten some racoon poop.

Although his poop is starting to firm up my question is the sample I have to take to the Vet today will it show if any parasites are in it.

Also, since I was giving Dudley Boiled Chicken with Rice Darby was going
crazy so I fed him some too, he vomitted last night all night long.

The Vet advised that he may be okay but to bring him but he may of
got sick from the sudden change of diet.

Please keep good thoughts for my Dudley, I have tears in my eyes as I
write this I have never seen him this way before. Although he seemed to be feeling so so much better yesterday and then last night I was up all night do you think that could of been because I fed him the rice and chicken.

Anybody who has experineced this before, have any idea's what could of
caused it.

The Vet advised to give him only water until she see's him today and to bring a sample of his stool, I thought how in the world am I going to do that but this morning he went and although it was still a bit runny it was also firm enough for me to pick it up.

I am having to give him his water with a baby syringe, but as I type this he is in the backyard so I can only assume he is a bit better.

Any advice would be very very much appreciated.

Nicki
14th August 2006, 03:52 PM
oh darling I'm so sorry....

Firstly Darby might have been ill if he's not had chicken and rice before, the sudden change can upset a pup...how is he doing today?

Poor Dudley, you were right to give him chicken and rice but it's usually best to wiat 24 hrs...hard to remember always though, so don't worry.

Yes if it's a parasite it will be in the stool sample, so they'd find it.

Small amounts of water frequently is brilliant, you do need to keep them hydrated, esp Darby being so young.

If other dogs are ill too, it might be a bug going around...tell your vet that others were illl.

Re the racoon poop, I don't know...not something we have here. WOrth mentioning too, you don't know what the raccoon may have eaten.

I presume that no-one has mice or rat poison down?

Even if it's inaccessible to the dogs, they can eat a mouse or rat that's been poisoned and that would make them ill

Nicki
14th August 2006, 03:54 PM
Let us know how you get on at the vet...sending healing thoughts and prayers and VB (((hugs)))

matties mum
14th August 2006, 04:05 PM
:) Keep us posted on our they are and what the vet say ---Aileen

Linda
14th August 2006, 04:09 PM
Nicki

Thank you so much sweetheart for your response, I am sitting here crying so upset just waiting for time to pass.
I have give them both a entire bowl of water by syringe this morning, the Vet said I could try giving Darby a few kibble to see if he will eat them.

My poor baby is still having Diaharea, maybe to some it may appear minor but this is my first experience with this in over 2 years and I am
falling to pieces. My husband is up north and I am trying to be strong, as I know if I tell him that Dudley is sick he will be home right away.

Nicki
Darby appears to be okay, just tired as we was up all night long vomitting.
He is peeing fine.

Dudley is very quiet.

I am most likely over reacting, but it is my nature.
So sorry.

Cathy T
14th August 2006, 04:12 PM
Linda - don't apologize...so not necessary. It's very disturbing when our little ones are sick and not up to par. Hang in there...you can take him to the vet's soon and get this resolved. Hugs!!!

sarahg
14th August 2006, 04:18 PM
Hello Linda

I hope Dudley is feeling better. Please let us know how he gets on at the vets :flwr:

Sarah Xxx

Sally
14th August 2006, 04:55 PM
Linda, I'll keep good thoughts for your boys.

I'm a pretty strong person, but I fall to pieces whenever my furkids are sick. I think it's just natural since we love them so much and they're totally dependent on us. Plus, I'm one of those worrier people....I worry so others won't have to. :lol:

The other night, I was trying to sleep and Pixie was in her crate clacking her tongue, then she'd sigh and move around. I could hear her tummy gurgling too so I put her in the bed with me...she'd gotten a bakery biscuit and they don't always agree with her. I was awake most of the night, just because she was ailing. Just before dawn, she gags and vomits up an intact cat toy...one of those little cloth mice....ears and tail still attached. :yikes Have no idea how she got it, the small cat toys are restricted to a room that Pixie can't get into... Everything turned out ok, but I up until then I was already making plans for a vet visit....

Let us know what the vet says about Dudley (and Darby)

judy
14th August 2006, 05:14 PM
linda, so sorry you and the boys have to go through this. i hope the vet can find out what it is right away. i wasn't sure from your post, when did you all leave to go camping? what food did dudley have last before the symptoms started?

It sounds like he ate something,whether foreign body or something poison or something with parasites, because of the sudden onset. Has he recently had a vaccination?

In most cases, these things are self limited and it should pass on its own. If he still has diarrhea, the vet can give him flagyl which usually stops diarrhea at least while the dog is on it. Another one that's highly recommneded for that is Tylen or Tylosin. it comes in powder and i mixed it in chicken/rice, it tastes really bad but was not noticed mixed in chicken and rice. someone i knew bought capsules and made up capsules of it.

For vomiting, Zack was given shots of anti-nausea medication, and of pepcid to reduce stomach acid. The antinausea one made him sleep.

If it's parasites, in my opinion, one stool sample won't necessarily show what it is. I hope in your case it does, if it is parasites. In my experience with zack, i brought three stool samples each about a week apart, and all were negative, yet he had something that was later cured by Dontral Plus which kills a bunch of those things.

I read on the web that for many of those organisms, three or four consecutive days of stool samples are needed in order to get a positive result because of the organism's life cycle and how common it is to get false negative results. I learned about that right at the end, when zack got better. If i'd known earlier, i would've had that done.

if it's a foreign body, the vet should be able to assess that.

you poor thing, this is so hard to go through. I hope it will be over by today as these things usually do end soon. Many people will give about a teaspoon or less canned pumpkin for diarrhea, a couple of times a day. i wouldn't give anythng but water though if vomiting has been happening. when he seems normal again, then start slow with something he's used to in a small amount, i remember Bruce told me to use something like 2 tablespoons, or one? at first, in several small meals.

the matter of darby having vomiting too sounds like something contagious, or something that both ate that caused it, unless for Darby it as just the change to boiled chicken and rice. Was it plain skinless chicken and plain white rice? If it's somethhing they both ate, then it would not likely be a foreign body.

i sure hope by the time we hear from you again they are both back to normal. It's hard when a normally happy dog just lays around quietly acting depressed and apathetic, and you know they are feeling badly.

Linda
14th August 2006, 05:37 PM
I just recalled that last Thursday/Friday I gave Dudley some Fish Oil in
his food.
He has never had it before, do you think that this may of caused all this upset.

I give Darby Fish Oil 3 times a week for his coat, and thought I would give some to Dudley. I pray that this is related.
Anbody ????????????????????

When he threw up in our mobile home, I now remember my husband saying that it smelled really fishy. Dudley does not eat fish.

Judy
Thank you so much for your input, Dudley was vacinnated back in June so I can't see it being that.
I did just remember what I wrote above, not sure if that would cause all this though.
Judy we left to go camping Friday Evening and he had a bit of a loose bowel movement during the night Friday but not diarehea. That started
Saturday Saturday Evening along with the vomiting.

In our campground some people spray weed killer around the driveways, not sure if maybe somebody just sprayed and one of the kids took him for a walk.

Judy they are both pooped out, along with myself.
Dudley will not eat pumpkin, I don't want to force anything but water on him until she see's him this afternoon.

Darby vomitted all the rice and chicken but I did give him 10 kibble per instruction from the Vet and he appears to be okay.
I took him in the backyard and he did play a bit, but Dudley nothing.

My heart breaks for him, as I see how upset and sad he looks.

I have a feeling that it might be my fault from the Fish Oil, I certainly hope that is all it is.

Alison_Leighfield
14th August 2006, 06:04 PM
Linda,

I have just caught up, sorry that I wasn't here for you earlier xxx.

Sounds like he might have eaten something he shouldn't have, I did think possibly a poison of some sort as well... or something rotton etc...try and rest that little tummy, I always BOIL my water freshly and let it cool when then have an upset tum, keep everything as clean as you can, take no chances, little ones with an upset like this can go downhill fast, keep up the fluids, little and often, and keep in touch with the vet, if in any doubt ring him.

Linda I am so sorry, what a worry for you. Also keep him warm, little pups lose their body temprature when they get ill.

I wouldn't think the fish oil would do this...never has to mine.

Keep in touch, ((((hugs)))) for all, take care, :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Love Alison x

Wilts, U.k.

judy
14th August 2006, 07:03 PM
...When he threw up in our mobile home, I now remember my husband saying that it smelled really fishy. Dudley does not eat fish.My heart breaks for him, as I see how upset and sad he looks.
I have a feeling that it might be my fault from the Fish Oil, I certainly hope that is all it is.

linda, it's surely not your fault, fish oil or not! you were trying to help him. The only way it could be the fish oil, i'd think, is if he's allergic to it, or if it had gone very rancid, not likely since you got it recently for Darby, it would probably have to be left out in the sun or a hot place to get rancid that fast.

The worst thing in the world is when they are acting sick and miserable. hang in there, let us know what the vet says after she sees him, poor little guy. What alison said--small amounts of water, yes of course, don't force anything, i don't give zak pumpkin either, he doesn't seem to like it, poor linda, try to rest and hopefully the time will go fast to get to the vet.

Linda
14th August 2006, 07:47 PM
Linda,

I have just caught up, sorry that I wasn't here for you earlier xxx.

Sounds like he might have eaten something he shouldn't have, I did think possibly a poison of some sort as well... or something rotton etc...try and rest that little tummy, I always BOIL my water freshly and let it cool when then have an upset tum, keep everything as clean as you can, take no chances, little ones with an upset like this can go downhill fast, keep up the fluids, little and often, and keep in touch with the vet, if in any doubt ring him.

Linda I am so sorry, what a worry for you. Also keep him warm, little pups lose their body temprature when they get ill.

I wouldn't think the fish oil would do this...never has to mine.

Keep in touch, ((((hugs)))) for all, take care, :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Love Alison x

Wilts, U.k.

Allison

Thank you so kindly, I am leaving for the Vet shortly.
Been trying to get another stool sample the best I could get was grass
with diaharea on it although this mornings sample was much better the
diaharea has gotten worse again.

The fish oil is just me grasping at reasons.

linda, it's surely not your fault, fish oil or not! you were trying to help him. The only way it could be the fish oil, i'd think, is if he's allergic to it, or if it had gone very rancid, not likely since you got it recently for Darby, it would probably have to be left out in the sun or a hot place to get rancid that fast.

The worst thing in the world is when they are acting sick and miserable. hang in there, let us know what the vet says after she sees him, poor little guy. What alison said--small amounts of water, yes of course, don't force anything, i don't give zak pumpkin either, he doesn't seem to like it, poor linda, try to rest and hopefully the time will go fast to get to the vet.

Judy
Thanks again for all your positive thoughts and everyone else it has helped calm me down so I can make the drive.

Was trying to see if I could get another sampel to bring along like I mentioned to Allison but had to rip the grass out of the ground that is the
best I can do.

I will post as soon as I get home, I once again thank all of you for the
positive energy you have given me today.

Luv
Linda

Nicki
14th August 2006, 10:59 PM
Hoping the vet visit went ok, been waiting up for news but I really have to go to bed now, sorry :(

Will catch up in the morning...sending lots of positive healing thoughts and all our love xxxx

arasara
14th August 2006, 11:55 PM
Oh my Linda, I am so sorry.. I am heartbroken to hear of your ordeal. Listen I know your hubby is up north and if you need anybody to talk to anybody at all even if it's the middle of the night and you want to talk about how pretty the moon is - don't hesitate to call me. I'll give you the cell phone markham number so it's not long distance. If it is I'll call you back - it's a company phone.. their dime. :D

It could be something outside. To tell you the truth Kosmo keeps getting sick and having the runs in the house. I absolutely hate it and stop what I am doing and lay down with him for the rest of the day. It usually lasts about 12 hours. He gets sick like once every few weeks and I don't know why but I am almost positive it's something he's finding to eat outside.

I don't think it is the fish oil personally to be honest because Darby got sick too so it sounds like something they may have both ingested. The racoon poop maybe like you said? I know racoons can carry some nasty things.. :yuk:

Anyways good luck and we are praying for you. *HUGZ* Please let us know the second you get updates..

I'm PMing you my phone number now. If you want to call and talk please like I said don't hesitate.. From one crazy dog lover to another - we understand each other so it's alright. (:

Take care of yourself too Linda.. Take some time out and have a hot chocolate and try to think about the good side of things.. he's getting a bit better you said and his stools are a little firmer.. try to keep on the positive side of things even though it might be hard.. :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Karlin
15th August 2006, 12:46 AM
Oh poor dogs and poor you! What an ordeal.

Fish oil could cause stomach upset. One of the uses for cod liver oil for example in humans is to ease constipation! Monica Segal does not recommend giving more than about 550mg of fish oils as I recall and a lot of the capsules have far more than that. Also there are studies where large doses of fish oil have made dogs vomit and have diarrhea, so that could well be the problem, especially if it stopped when you stopped giving the supplement. My dogs initially got runny stools when I first started giving them sardines occasionally.

I hope they're both much better.

Mary
15th August 2006, 01:03 AM
Oh no Linda. I am hoping you will be posting on your vet visit soon. I would be in tears too. They are your babies and it is so scary when they get sick. I remember having diarrhea and some vomiting go thru my 7 a couple times in the past year...it is horrible. You just want to make them better. I hope both boys are feeling better when next we hear from you. Keep us updated!

Cathy Moon
15th August 2006, 02:31 AM
Linda, I just returned home a short time ago and started reading this thread. Two of my cavs have gotten loose stools from fish oil, so maybe that could be it.

One other thing I'm thinking of is toadstools. Last summer, in the evening I pulled a partially eaten toad stool from India's mouth, and immediately called the vet's office. While I was on the phone with the receptionist India vomitted up some toadstool. The vet was glad she vomitted so quickly. I was told to keep a close watch on her so she would not become dehydrated. She did vomit several more times and had diarrhea, but she was able to hold down water the next morning. I waited the 24 hours, then fed her chicken and rice, and she recovered.

August is the month for toadstools around here - wondering if that may have caused Dudley's problem?

Also, could they have gotten a parasite from drinking water from a river, stream, or lake?

I hope both of your babies feel better soon. :flwr:

Linda
15th August 2006, 03:19 AM
Thank you so kindly to all of you, your concern means the world to me.

I am so so sorry it took me so long, while on the Hwy somebody ahead had a major accident which caused a major major traffic jam.

Anyway I was so upset as I was late for my appointment, and the Vet God Bless her stayed behind and waited for me. My Vet will also meet you in the middle of the night at the clinic if necessary, this was something that I had forgotten about or I would of taken him last night.

Just as well as she feels that Dudley has gotten a Bacterial Overgrowth which is causing him Gastro problems, his temperature is good so this is a good thing and he is not dehydrated.

He was gasing (sp) really really bad in her office, this is what she wants to do.

Tommorow morning I am to start this medication

1. 2ml of Sulcrate twice daily 1 hour before meals and any meds.

2. Tylocine 50mg Capsules 1 Capsule twice a day for 5 days.

3. Acute Care Oral Paste 5 ml twice a day (She gave me 15ml0
She also said this medicine works extremely extremely well and quick
If Dudley has not shown any improvement by Wednesday morning I
am to bring him back for blood work and xrays.

She feels that he may of ate something, but feels confident the above meds will work. She offered to go forward this evening with the blood work and xrays if I wanted, but she did feel that the above medications will work and only offered this as a comfort to me.

While I was there I also had her check Darby, as some of you are aware I was concerned about Darby's eye last week.
He has a small eye infection starting so he is now on BNP Eye Ointment
2 to 3 times a day.

I am so so upset and can only pray that these meds will help my boy, I really still don't know what happened but the Vet feels he ate something she said if he has managed to keep the water down today without throwing up this is good. It breaks my heart to see my baby trying to go potty and he can't my son Derrick came with me and sat with Dudley the whole way he pooped in the car and Derrick was so upset, we could do nothing as we were once again stuck in a huge traffice jam on a major hwy.

I will let you all know how my night goes, I am hoping to get a bit of sleep as I want to get up early in order to start his meds.

He is to get 1/4 cup of boiled rice and Chicken in the morning and if he
is okay with that I can give him lunch then dinner.

Please please send positive thoughts for him, she said he is not dehyrdrated and he is now actually drinking water on his own too.

Hopefull by this time tommorow night I will be posting that I have my boy back. :xfngr: :xfngr: :xfngr:

She also feels the only reason my wee baby got sick is because of the sudden change of diet. Hard lesson learned on my part, but Darby is fine other than his eye I am not feeding him tonight I will wait until tommorow.

Karlin: I use the liquid fish oil and only gave him 1/8 of a tsp, she did not
feel that this was the case.
She did ask if he was in the lake, I told her yes about a week and
a half ago so that counted that out.

One can never be too careful.

arasara
15th August 2006, 03:26 AM
Oh thank God Linda!! I am glad she feels like it's going to go away soon. I couldn't go to bed tonight because I was waiting for you. :lol: I am glad everything is alright though. Like I stated before if you're unable to sleep or upset or whatever the reason you're welcome to call me even if it's the middle of the night. I understand how you feel as I've been there myself. Thank goodness your son went with you to the vet.. must have been comforting for the boys to have someone keep a close eye on them the while time. Do take some time for yourself to unwind and take care of yourself.. ! Your boys are going to be just fine. :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

nlg679
15th August 2006, 03:32 AM
Oh I too, could not go to bed until I heard how your vet visit went...I worried because we did not hear from you for soooo long!
I am sending prayers and postive thoughts to all of you!
Your vet sounds like a real gem....all the meds she prescribed sound as tho' they will take control of whatever is bothering Dudley.
YOu were very diligent with the fluids and that is sooo important!
I was not when Teddy took ill as a small pup and he ended up needing subcutaneous fluids.
Sending good wishes and positive energy! :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Nancy and Teddy

Cathy Moon
15th August 2006, 03:33 AM
I just looked up Tylocine, and it is the same as Tylan. So glad the vet caught this quickly!

A few years ago, my vet prescribed Tylan powder to India and Geordie for several weeks to overcome a clostridium infection. It was an overgrowth of clostridium bacteria - which actually releases a toxin into the intestines.

Wonder if your pups have the same thing. Hope they are feeling better soon. :flwr:

Jillp
15th August 2006, 04:18 AM
Glad you finally got to get the pups to the Vet. The waiting must've been unbearable. I'm glad you have a plan and I hope the recovery is a fast one and that they are bouncing around in no time!

judy
15th August 2006, 05:16 AM
fingers crossed, the meds will take care of it. your vet is cutting edge, that's what i think of Tylosin--it's for large animals like boars, livestock, an antibiotic. But for dogs, it's commonly used as an antidiarrheal. His diarrhea should clear up quickly on Tylosin, also called Tylan. It's considered very safe, a dog can be on it literally for years, or even for life, at a small dose of course. It was prescribed for Zack when two other antibiotics/antidiarrheal didn't work, just a very tiny amount. He had no problem with it.

what an ordeal you've had the past few days. I hope you are sleeping now and dudley is resting peacefully. i can only imagine the stress you felt stuck on the highway and late for your appointment, on top of three days of your doggie being very sick. pooping in the car is the worst. thank goodness your vet is so caring and was there for you and the Duds.

It's such good news that he was not dehydrated.

i'm hoping for the best for tomorrow, staying tuned for updates. best wishes Linda, and Dudley and the little guy with his eye.

Alison_Leighfield
15th August 2006, 06:57 AM
Linda,

So glad that you and the vet have sorted some meds for them both, with time things will settle down I'm sure.

Take care of yourself as well now, looking after these little ones 24/7 is exhausting work. :flwr:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Nicki
15th August 2006, 07:18 AM
Oh Sweetheart I'm sorry you had such a horrible journey...thank goodness Derrick was with you, bless him he's such a good lad.

Poor Dudley, he must have been so upset about having an accident in the car but he couldn't help it.

Your vet is wonderful, she was so good to stay and wait...and it sounds like she is really hopeful that these meds are going to clear things up.

Glad that Darby is ok, I'm sure his eye will heal up quickly too, but it's best to get these things checked out.

VB ((((hugs)))) for you, take it easy today, you must be exhausted and you need to be fit for celebrations tomorrow :flwr: :flwr:

matties mum
15th August 2006, 07:50 AM
:) So glad that the vet has start the meds keep us informed our everthing goes hoping you can get some good sleep they will soon pick up and be back to nomal Aileen

Linda
15th August 2006, 11:37 AM
Good Morning Everbody

I got up a bit earlier today in order to start Dudley on his Sulcrate, so he has already been given that and I will give the Tylocine in about 1/2 an hour along with the Tyocine then wait about an hour and give him some rice and chicken. Let's hope he can keep it down.

He is still gasing, but I did manage a bit of sleep.
He was up about 6 times during the night, much better than previous nights.

Thanks Everybody, I will post throughout the day.

Linda
15th August 2006, 11:43 AM
fingers crossed, the meds will take care of it. your vet is cutting edge, that's what i think of Tylosin--it's for large animals like boars, livestock, an antibiotic. But for dogs, it's commonly used as an antidiarrheal. His diarrhea should clear up quickly on Tylosin, also called Tylan. It's considered very safe, a dog can be on it literally for years, or even for life, at a small dose of course. It was prescribed for Zack when two other antibiotics/antidiarrheal didn't work, just a very tiny amount. He had no problem with it.

what an ordeal you've had the past few days. I hope you are sleeping now and dudley is resting peacefully. i can only imagine the stress you felt stuck on the highway and late for your appointment, on top of three days of your doggie being very sick. pooping in the car is the worst. thank goodness your vet is so caring and was there for you and the Duds.

It's such good news that he was not dehydrated.

i'm hoping for the best for tomorrow, staying tuned for updates. best wishes Linda, and Dudley and the little guy with his eye.

Judy

Thanks again, I travel very far to see my Vet and think she is well worth the drive. Although flustered yesterday sitting in traffice biting my nails as the clock was ticking thinking to myself I have to be nuts driving for 2 hours to come to a Vet. I have said in the past that I really need to get a Vet closer to home, but still have not found one that compares to her care.

The drive is usually at worst 1 1/2 hours but on the toll hwy which I took all the way I should have been at her office in less than 45 minutes.

Anyway the dosage of Tylocine is 50mg twice a day.

Thanks again everybody, I do feel a bit better after getting a bit of sleep.

Maxxs_Mummy
15th August 2006, 12:00 PM
{{{{{{{{Linda}}}}}}}} I'm so sorry I wasn't here for you honey. I have hardly had chance to touch the keyboard all weekend :(

I am so sorry that your babies are poorly. Linda, we all worry about our little ones so don't think you over react - ever! I have been known to dissolve into floods of tears in the Vets before now - luckily they all know I'm a complete fruitcake about my furbabies :flwr:

I'm really glad the meds seem to be working for Dudley and am sending you out positive thoughts for him and Darby with his sore eye - you too with the stress :(

Big hugsssssssssssssssss to you all xxxxxxx

Mary
15th August 2006, 12:47 PM
Positive thoughts going out for a good day for little Dudley. The heat has been so bad this summer I am sure there are lots of nasty little bugs going round. We have even had people coming into the nursing home due to vomiting and diarrhea and the doctors are thinking it is viral.

You were so smart to keep Dudley hydrated. That is the most important thing of course. He will be your happy happy pup by tonight I bet!

Forest
15th August 2006, 12:49 PM
Oh my poor Linda. I have just been reading of your drama with your poor babies. I hope that everything is now under control and the little fellas are on the mend and you can finally get some rest. Take care of yourself and your little babies. Prayers from Julie and the girls :flwr:

Linda
15th August 2006, 01:31 PM
We'll Dudley has been given all his meds, just waiting for about an hour and I am going to try feeding him.

I was shocked at the color of the Mannanoligosaccharides, Probiotics, Digestive Enzymes. This stuff is to promote a Healthy GI Tract.

Pure brown, looked like chocolate paste. :yikes :yikes :yikes

Thats all I need. :sl*p: :sl*p: :sl*p:

Dudley seems to be already looking better and the fact that I am getting some kisses is a super super indication that he feels a tad better.

Maxxs_Mummy
15th August 2006, 02:50 PM
Oh yes, kisses usually do mean they are feeling better :)

Linda, don't worry about the smell or colours of the probiotics etc. It shows they are pure when they are a yukky colour. If they are pure white then there's usually a bleaching agent been used. I know which I'd prefer :)

Thinking of you all xxxxx

Linda
15th August 2006, 05:16 PM
Just an update Dudley still has diaharea :cry*ing: :cry*ing: I am most likely expecting miracles too quickly but this is tearing me apart inside.

He managed to eat breakfast and has not thrown up, just called the Vet back to ask if I should give Lunch since he still has diaharea.

They advised yes in small amounts, I hope by this evening it helps him I am going to start giving him the next doses at around 3:00 so I can space everything out by an hour.

I guess I am a wuss at heart but I hate seeing him this way and for so long now.

WoodHaven
15th August 2006, 05:31 PM
I came home yesterday to find that my Mia had vomited in her crate. A few hours later she had the nastiest smelling, bloody diarrhea I've had the misfortune to clean up. Needless to say- I rushed her to the vet, had to see my vets associate (urghh) and "we" decided to give her an amoxicillin, metranitizole, and a drug to stop any vomiting. So far, she's ok, she had a minor fever 102.7and her gums were nice and pink. I HATE when our lil ones are ill.

Cathy Moon
15th August 2006, 05:35 PM
Sandy, I hope Mia feels better soon! :flwr: Did the vet say what could have caused it?

judy
15th August 2006, 05:35 PM
I guess I am a wuss at heart but I hate seeing him this way and for so long now.

it's just maternal instinct. :flwr:
i know how you feel (ouch) :(
you've just had him on the meds today, right? like, only one dose? or did the vet give him some yesterday? from what you said, it sounded like he wasn't starting until today. in that case, it would be a bit too soon for them to be effective. Not vomiting is very very good as are kisses :)

I remember when zack was vomiting and Bruce suggested only one or two tablespoons of chicken and rice, wow, that is so small. He said that's what they give their puppies with these symptoms. it's just two or three bites really.

i sure hope by tonight or sooner, you are seeing an end to this illness, and an end to your pain.

WoodHaven
15th August 2006, 05:44 PM
Sandy, I hope Mia feels better soon! :flwr: Did the vet say what could have caused it?

He thought she got something out of the trash-- NOT. He asked if we fed her too much people food-- NOT. Did she get into poison-- NOT. This vet wanted to do a blood panel and check for pancreatitis and something else. The only odd thing she has chewed on were a couple of leaves from the trees- I don't know if that could have caused this upset--Odd thing is she is still active- trying to give kisses etc... She was kicking her half brothers behind yesterday. I really think it is a germ overgrowth. So today I will watch her closely. My daughter is home from college and watching her now. Thanks for the well wishes! Sandy

judy
15th August 2006, 06:31 PM
sorry to hear about it sandy. that's the last time you want to see a vet you have less confidence in. I hate when that happens. glad to hear mia's still acting happy and feeling peppy. when they act depressed and uncomfortable, that is the worst of all. :(

what is it with these dogs? last night i was walking zack and very suddenly, in the middle of a concrete drive way, he assumed the position and a poop fell right out, this is not the way it normally happens. he then strained and strained, moving around, and left droplets. On the concrete, my ability to get it all off was limited. I did what i could. Before we went on our walk, i thought he seemed quieter than usual.

Last night i feared the likelihood of diarrhea all over the kitchen floor during the night was so great that i put 3 wee wee pads down. the last time i had to clean up a big mess in the kitchen was only a short time ago, after I gave him Program. That clearly caused the incident, which included a vomit. Never Again to Program. Anyway, this morning, no kitchen mess thank goodness, and when he pooped outside it was better, very soft but not mushy like last night. but he strained for quite a while to get more out, and a couple of softer pieces came out.

i have no theory this time of what would've caused this, but he is always eating something that is unknown or questionable.

sending strong good wishes to the sick doggies and their people parents. :flwr:

Linda
15th August 2006, 07:56 PM
Sandy

I am so sorry to hear your Mia is in the same vote, it breaks my heart to see them this way.

My vets office 3 Vets which work out of the office, I think the world of the one I saw yesterday and always try to book my appointments on the days she is working. I just happened to luck out yesterday that it was her day to work.

Judy

I feel for you too, poor Zack. Seems strange that all these doggies are getting sick. I hope and pray that Zack and Mia feel better.

Update on Dudley

Gave him his lunch and he ate it and kept it down, no vomiting at all since
Monday evening this is good.

I think he might be showing signs of being on the mend, last poop he took had a slight look of things starting to pull together. Although still runney

He is now ready for his next dose and is sound asleep but I am waking him up it will only take a second.

Poor boy has never had his bum washed so much.

Nicki
15th August 2006, 09:50 PM
Oh so glad darling that Dudley is a bit better, that's a great sign. It will take a few days to work, but it's great that they've given you probiotics...I have pre and pro biotics and give those whenever they show any signs of even slightly soft poo.

Sandy, so sorry to hear about your Mia...and your vet grrr....some of them make me so cross :x

Hope the wee one will be feeling better soon.

Judy, so sorry about Zak too, they all seem to be in the wars at the moment, hope he's feeling better soon.

Linda
16th August 2006, 01:53 AM
Oh so glad darling that Dudley is a bit better, that's a great sign. It will take a few days to work, but it's great that they've given you probiotics...I have pre and pro biotics and give those whenever they show any signs of even slightly soft poo.

:w**h**: :w**h**: :w**h**: :D :D :D :thmbsup: :thmbsup: :thmbsup:

Oh Nicki, Nicki, Nicki

You are so right the probiotics are sure helping my little boy, he is showing signs of himself tonight and although I am extremely tired I am relieved, he has kept down breakfast, lunch and dinner. He has also had
two doses of all meds today and his poop is starting to take the form it should it is still soft to the touch but by lord it is looking like it should.

I am to call the Vet tommorow afternoon after lunch to let her know how he is doing, but things sure are looking much much better tonight.

I had to run Daniel to the Doctor tonight and left Derrick with the boys and when I came home Dudley gave his normal greeting at the door hugs and kisses and jumping all over me. I am so relieved, I hope I get some sleep tonight.

Daniel is me eldest boy 15 and he had these red marks across his spine and lower back looked kind of like he had been whipped under the skin kind of scarey. Anyway the Doctor said that they are growing scars and they will not go away but will eventually turn white. Let me tell you it has been one week I don't want to remember.

He said he has sprouted up so quickly that this is what caused these marks
I sure don't remember that as a kid, but maybe it is all the chemicals in the foods most of us eat that cause them to grow so quickly.

Anyway guys, I am feeling much better tonight and so is my baby.
Also received an invitation to Norma Moffats Annual Picinic today, not sure
if I can go as Darby has not had his rabies shot, but I sure would love to
as I am sure hundreds of cavaliers will be at this picnic.

Will keep you posted on Dudley, and just in case I haven't told you lately
I LOVE YOU GUYS. :l*v: :lotsaluv: :l*v:

judy
16th August 2006, 05:46 AM
this is wonderful news linda! it sounds like the crisis is past and normal life is returning. glad daniel is ok. I never heard of growing marks either. i wonder if it's like stretch marks which come from pregnancy or gaining a lot of weight in certain areas, they turn white later. anyway, glad it's something natural. when my daughter was about 8, some other moms and i were wondering about how young they were starting to develop, and speculated about the hormones in the milk and chicken.

may you feel peace and relief tonight, and i hope you can go to the picnic. Around here, rabies shots are not even required by large well known boarding kennels, though bordatella is required. It's just that rabies, except for wild life, is unheard of around here.

Linda
16th August 2006, 12:34 PM
this is wonderful news linda! it sounds like the crisis is past and normal life is returning. glad daniel is ok. I never heard of growing marks either. i wonder if it's like stretch marks which come from pregnancy or gaining a lot of weight in certain areas, they turn white later. anyway, glad it's something natural. when my daughter was about 8, some other moms and i were wondering about how young they were starting to develop, and speculated about the hormones in the milk and chicken.

may you feel peace and relief tonight, and i hope you can go to the picnic. Around here, rabies shots are not even required by large well known boarding kennels, though bordatella is required. It's just that rabies, except for wild life, is unheard of around here.

Thank you Judy

Dudley definetely is on the mend, what a relief. :jmp: He is actually starting to run around and bark at anything that moves in the backyard has to be a good sign. He slept all night too, which was great.

Of course Darby is annoying the heck out of him as I type this.

As for the marks on Daniel Judy, yes they are similar to stretch marks
and like those they will not go away.
Daniel is 6 foot 2 inches and he is only 15 years old, which is suprising for
a Celiac. This was the first time I ever heard of them too.

I am anxiously awaiting to see a firm poo. :yikes :yikes :yikes

Pretty bad when you are looking forward to seeing poo. :rotfl:

I do hope I can go to the picinic too, Norma Moffat is a very well known breeder here and has a annual picnic every year. I cannot imagine
being in a yard with so many gorgeous dogs. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Mary
16th August 2006, 01:18 PM
Yay for Dudley...so glad things are better!!!

matties mum
16th August 2006, 08:18 PM
:jump: b*n*n* Good news :mexwav: Aileen

emsley
16th August 2006, 08:19 PM
I am so, so pleased for Dudley!
Good Boy!
My love to you all :flwr:

WoodHaven
16th August 2006, 08:40 PM
:p :p Great news about Dudley--these lil guys sure know how to make us worry :? Mia is back to normal too-- glad I didn't put her through more tests. Thanks for everyones good thoughts--

Linda
16th August 2006, 08:42 PM
Thank you so much everyone, I am so relieved the worst is over. :mexwav:

Dudley is almost back to himself, I called the Vet today and she said as long as his stool is starting to form and he looks better he is definetely on the mend. :thmbsup:

She advised to continue with Rice & Boiled Chicken for at least 3 to 4 days after his stool has returned to normal and then slowly slowly start introducing his kibble into the rice and boiled chicken. b*n*n*

Dudley has always, always been a fussy fussy eater. Funny he is just gobbiling up that rice and chicken. icon_nwunsure
I told her that I have tried so many different kibbles and he just does not eat them, she advised if I wanted to switch his food now would be the time to do it as I am slowly re-introducing the kibble anyway. The receptionist recommend Science Diet.????

I am yet to find a kibble besides EVO that this boy will eat, and even the
EVO was not something he wolfed down. h*lp

Anybody have any idea's on kibbles that he would wolf down.
He was previously eating Innova Adult food, I am going to go into the library and have a look at some of Karlin's recipes too. h*lp

I would eventually like to have them both on the same food in about another month, Darby is not the least bit fussy. He would eat anything. :wggle:

Darby's eye is also looking much better today, I feel like I need a holiday. :drivecar:

nlg679
16th August 2006, 08:55 PM
YAY! Glad things are settling down.
Can't help you with the dog food dilemma as Teddy vaccuums anything down that I give him. He devours his kibble (Innova small breed) in seconds flat....makes me sick to think about the kibble sitting there in his tummy not chewed all the way!

Hope you get to relax the next few days! :flwr:

Nancy
NJ

arasara
16th August 2006, 09:00 PM
If you have a picky eater, GOOD LUCK with the science diet!! Kosmo is picky and won't even eat their treats!!! :yikes :yikes I am taking their treats back this weekend. He didn't even eat one.. usually even if he doesn't like it he will at least eat 1 to try!! I have heard there are many better foods out there than Science Diet though and since I am still going through the whole food ordeal Karlin advised me to pick something out of the whole foods journal and try that. There's a post of what foods were in that journal on a way previous thread if you're interested. I am having trouble with a mysterious red rash with Kosmo that seems to appear and leave. I don't know if it's a food allergy or not but to be on the safe side I was advised to pick a food that was wheat free. Keep your fingers crossed. Hopefully all it is is food and it will be fixed like that.

So glad that your Dudmiester is feeling better!! How awful it must have been for him to go through that.. and his poor little body. :( He's a strong little boy though. (:

If you want to vacation off to Ajax you're welcome to come here for a while, lol. I need a holiday too. :( I am working on Avi to take me to the beach for a weekend for my birthday. Maybe the casino. :lol: :lol:

Glad Darby's eye is getting better.. ! Was it discharging too or just red?

Linda
16th August 2006, 09:59 PM
Sara

I was think of putting Dudley on Karma it is a Holistic Food, it is rather expensive and I have a feeling he will not eat it either.

I will most likely go back to feeding EVO he did not gobble this up either but at least he ate it. I called the petstore and they also advise EVO, the stories that you mentioned to me in your PM are not true about EVO I called the company directly about that last year. Dudley ate EVO for a good 8 months or more and had no problems, the reason I switched from EVO was just to offer variety and prior to eating EVO he used to scratch and bite his paws when I had him on
Chicken Soup for the Dog Lovers Soul, he was allergic to the wheat so I switch to one of those Hypo Allergenic Kibbles which he hated.
I have tried Natures Variety, Fromm, Raw Medallions, Wysong I have actually lost track so I think I will be going back to EVO myself.

I am sorry I know you mentioned the rash in your PM, but I was so tired I completely forgot. Dudley has never had a red rash like that I would personally take Kosmo to the Vet to have that checked, but my uneducated guess would be a food allergy.

If you go to Global they will give you samples of food with no wheat, I believe the also have samples of EVO you could give that a try.

Poor Kosmo does it hurt him ??????????????

Are you heading to Casino Rama in Orillia that is not far from our campground if so let me know you can drop by.

You should have Avi take you to Lagoon City it is really really pretty, only if you like boats they have a lot of nice resorts.

Also Briar's resort is nice, but pretty expensive and Avi would have to wear a Dinner Jacket so he may not like that, I have never been too classy for me and expensive. :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes

Alison_Leighfield
16th August 2006, 10:13 PM
fantastic news Linda :mexwav: :mexwav: so glad that all is getting back to normal. :rah: :rah: :rah:

Alison, wilts, U.K.

Nicki
16th August 2006, 10:19 PM
SO pleased the boys are ok xxx

Sorry to hear about the scare with Daniel...I've never heard of that before :yikes

The picnic sounds wonderful...maybe you could just take Dudley, I would be worried about taking Darby without his shot, I know it's a shame but maybe next year?

I hope you've managed to enjoy your BIRTHDAY - and have had a good day :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

I'm not a fan of Science Diet...won't get onto my soap box here but I wouldn't recommend it!

arasara
17th August 2006, 02:15 AM
Linda,

Oh wow you've tried a lot of different kinds of food! ! ! I didn't know if Evo caused that or not that's why I just mentioned that I heard it. You know - uneducated teenagers working at pet stores. . . :roll:

I will try switching to a food without wheat to see if the rash goes away. It doesn't seem to hurt him or itch him at all I just hate that he gets it.. He also gets really really tired after he gets it so I am assuming it does a number on his body. I just wish I could stop it. I think I might try the Evo just to see how it goes.. Lemme know how Dudley likes Karma.. Maybe it's just a picky blenheim thing!! Dudley and Kosmo will get along great . . . lol but food will not be included in their agenda I don't think. Kosmo ate a total of 1/4 cup of food the last 3 days :*gh: I get frusterated and end up putting something else with his kibble and make it into the smallest chunks so that if he wants what I put in there he has no choice but to eat the kibble.

I mentioned the rash to the vet and she didn't seem to think it was a big deal. *sigh* another reason I should consider switching vets I guess. I did go in there on an unrelated issue but when I mentioned it she said it shouldn't be a big deal if it's not disturbing him in any way. *shrug* I just want it to go away. If I have to find the cause on my own then so be it.
Karlin suggested it could be a food allergy as well and you all know better than me! so I will start with the food.. ..

I might go to Orillia - I don't know.. I already went to Casino Niagra and wasn't impressed. I did start hyperventilating when Avi started eyeing the $20 machines!!! :yikes :yikes :yikes That's like.. 3 puppias a pull!!! I am more of a 5 center woman. I don't like losing money.. 8)

Maybe I will look into Lagoon City. I don't care much if it's fancy shmancy (I grew up in a farm area!) I just want a place to get away for the weekend that I can bring the puppers to. And Briars - forget it Avi could be dead and he would still refuse to wear a dinner jacket. :lol: Not his style. He groaned and complained for a week when he had to wear one to his nephew's communion.

Hey guess what? I forgot I started this like 3 hours ago and in that time we fixed the grass!! :D We took the green compost bin and went and stole top soil from other non-grassed neighbors and fixed our slope. :D
YYYAAAAYYY for grass!!!

Linda
17th August 2006, 03:49 AM
Sara, Sara, Sara

You crack me up :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes

Yes we are the Doggy Buffet over here, if Kosmo would like to come for a
taste let me know.

Yes Sara, it was a uneducated teenager who put that in my head too and scared the heebie geebies out of me. :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes

I got so freaked out I called the company who in turn called Global Pet
Store and asked for the name of the employee's who were working that night. I don't know the outcome of the poor lad, but if he lost his job so
be it scaring customers like that.

I went to Global tonight and bought the EVO, as I am going to put Dudley back on it as soon as he is able to eat kibble again. I bet Darby will go nuts, he already does when Dudley eats his food, and Dudley wants Darby's go figure. :sl*p: :sl*p: :sl*p: :sl*p: :sl*p:

I bet the rash is food related, you know Eubanka is not a good food have not heard very good things about it.

I have never been to Casino Rama, I am too chicken to go and like you
I would be sticking to the 5 cents machines.
I have been asked lots of times to go with friends, but it is not for me.

Oh, your just a country lass so you don't need to be going anywhere near
the Briars Resort.

Glad your green compost bin came in handy you thief. :yikes ;) :yikes :yikes

Now don't forget to water the grass so it will be lovely and green and make sure Kosmo gets to help. :D :D :D :D :D

We don't have Green Bins here yet, but they are a coming in November not looking forward to that.
Can imagine the smell, phewey. :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

Toots love going to bed with my babies.

judy
17th August 2006, 06:26 AM

Linda, i didn't realize Dudley had deigned to eat Evo. Of all the kibbles, this has been the only one Zack shows a bit more interest in. He usually doesn't wolf it down until he hasn't eaten in a long time, sometimes he eats twice a day, sometimes once, it amounts to one cup, and because he got gas and loose stool from an abrupt switch to Evo, i am mixing it with California Natural lamb and rice. If i wasn't mixing it, he might eat it more eagerly. I'm not sure if i can keep him on it. He still has gas which he never had before, but no loose stool.

I've only tried the regular Evo, with the chicken and turkey. I'm going to try the red meat kind and see how that goes. Are you using the regular or the RM/red meat?

Aaron said Evo is more like cat food, because it's higher protein and doesn't have any grain, and most dogs do like cat kibble.

The only food zack wolfs down consistently day after day and does not get bored with is boiled chicken and white rice, i fed it to him for 3 weeks three times a day when he was recovering. When i tried to stop, that's when i first noticed him turning up his nose at everything else. But i didn't try Evo until just recently. he definitely finishes his Evo/lamb rice mix every day. and once he gets hungry enough to eat it, he wolfs, kind of. :)

You know how some people will eat everything and love to eat all the time (me :)) and some only like certain things and aren't that eager to eat very often? Dogs must be like this too, differing from each other in this way, and this is just the way they are, whether they hoover down everything, or pick and choose and would rather not eat than eat something they don't love.

I think Zack is just that kind of guy, he's not a big eater, unless it's chicken and rice. He only loves certain things, and kibble isn't one of them, unless it's cat kibble, and to some extent, Evo.

maybe Dudley is that kind of guy too. If Darby will eat anything (my cat is that way) then all you have to do is feed them both what Dudley will eat, in order to feed them the same thing. That works out nicely. yay darby. :d*g:

judy
17th August 2006, 06:27 AM

Linda, i didn't realize Dudley had deigned to eat Evo. Of all the kibbles, this has been the only one Zack shows a bit more interest in. He usually doesn't wolf it down until he hasn't eaten in a long time, sometimes he eats twice a day, sometimes once, it amounts to one cup, and because he got gas and loose stool from an abrupt switch to Evo, i am mixing it with California Natural lamb and rice. If i wasn't mixing it, he might eat it more eagerly. I'm not sure if i can keep him on it. He still has gas which he never had before, but no loose stool.

I've only tried the regular Evo, with the chicken and turkey. I'm going to try the red meat kind and see how that goes. Are you using the regular or the RM/red meat?

Aaron said Evo is more like cat food, because it's higher protein and doesn't have any grain, and most dogs do like cat kibble.

The only food zack wolfs down consistently day after day and does not get bored with is boiled chicken and white rice, i fed it to him for 3 weeks three times a day when he was recovering. When i tried to stop, that's when i first noticed him turning up his nose at everything else. But i didn't try Evo until just recently. he definitely finishes his Evo/lamb rice mix every day. and once he gets hungry enough to eat it, he wolfs, kind of. :)

You know how some people will eat everything and love to eat all the time (me :)) and some only like certain things and aren't that eager to eat very often? Dogs must be like this too, differing from each other in this way, and this is just the way they are, whether they hoover down everything, or pick and choose and would rather not eat than eat something they don't love.

I think Zack is just that kind of guy, he's not a big eater, unless it's chicken and rice. He only loves certain things, and kibble isn't one of them, unless it's cat kibble, and to some extent, Evo.

maybe Dudley is that kind of guy too. If Darby will eat anything (my cat is that way) then all you have to do is feed them both what Dudley will eat, in order to feed them the same thing. That works out nicely. yay darby. :d*g:

judy
17th August 2006, 06:29 AM
linda and sara, what evil thing did you guys hear about Evo?

arasara
17th August 2006, 11:35 AM
Judy,

I heard that the extreme levels of protein in Evo was causing kidney failure.. I had speculation to start with because dogs are supposed to be carnivores so they can eat 100% protein and still be fine with it, right?

Linda,

Lol the doggy buffet huh? He'll eat one or two bites of anything (unless it's the science diet treats,) but when it comes to real food, he just sticks his nose up like he's a priss!!

LOL should I get my guy fired? I feel bad he was just a student trying to make money over the summer, but still. . . bad bad bad!!

LOL darby and dudley are just like brothers huh? It reminds me of when I was a little kid!! If bradley and I got 2 toys from mcdonalds, I got pink.. he got blue.. if I liked mine he'd want that one even though it was pink just because it was mine!! The little bugger. Does Dudley eat more now that Darby has come into the picture? And how do you keep Darby from over eating if he's eating for 2? lol it must be stressful come meal time!!

He's not currently eating Eukanuba, that's the funny thing. I didn't have a problem with he Eukanuba food except for the fact that he was anorexic when he was on it. He had really nice and consistent poos which is something I haven't been able to get with this one yet.. I didn't like the ingredient list one bit so I switched to Royal Canin. I would feel awful if he has had a food allergy this whole time and that's why he's not eating. It's like me being allergic to something my whole life and my parents making me eat it anyways!! Poor little guy can't be verbal . . . :( He has had gas quite frequently though maybe that means the RC doesn't settle with him well? I dunno but I think I'm going to make the switch to Evo too.. He's too precious to tempt fate if he is infact allergic to wheat.

My green compost bin.. yeah well since you already called me a thief, I stole the green bin too!!! :rotfl: I didn't get a bin in the beginning and they only do garbage every two weeks now (something to look forward to :x ) so I was sitting with dead food for 2 weeks. The problem is we put the garbage in the garage and avi's car parks in the garage.. so when we leave his car smells like garbage inside. . . :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

I stole a neighbors green bin who hadn't moved in yet. THey are moved in now but I am not telling! :D

I had Kosmo in the grass last night with me and he was trying to be a cow and eat it the whole time. It was fine for last night but he got sick about 5am this morning. :( He dry heaved once and puked once. I feel so awful for the little guy. I don't know what else it would be other than the grass.. .. there was nothing. Poor little baby is laying down on me and he has to touch me. When he gets sick he is very clingy. If he doesn't puke or show any more signs of being sick then I'm going to work but if he pukes again i'm not going anywhere today. He's not a puker and has puked only once since we got him.. and that time didn't count because what came up was a whole piece of kibble and a bunch of drool. (like you wanted to know.) It's time for our morning walk but I think I might cut it in half just in case he is sick. I feel so bad for the little guy. :(

Did you ask about the reunion and taking darby yet? You know you can always carry him around in a sling so he's not exposed.. .. :lol: Where is it at, anyways?

Linda
17th August 2006, 01:31 PM
Judy

Isn't that funny that Zack only likes EVO too, I can't believe it.

I also heard the same thing about the Kidneys, I was mortified and called the company immediately they were very very upset and wanted me to give them the name of the store. I did, I know they hire students to help out but if they are not sure about a food they could always say to a customer I am sorry I really am not sure about this food but I will find out for you and get back to you. But to come out and say that it causes Kidney damage was uncalled for.

Anyway Judy, I went last night and bought my bag of EVO we only get the chicken/turkey here in Canada I must investigage the red meat one with the company to find out when it will be available here.

Aaron is a star, Dudley last year went to a friends house who has a cat and devoured the cat food. I took two steps back as I had never ever seen him eat a whole bowl of food unless it was homecooked.

When Dudley came home as a puppy he was being fed raw and the breeder gave me enough for about 3 days. I tried making my own, no go, I bought premade as soon as I would take the chill out of it for 10 seconds and he heard the microwave he ran away. :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :sl*p: :sl*p: :sl*p: :sl*p:

Yes Judy I am one of those people who pretty well eat everything too, not that I need too. (But we won't go there).

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I think you got it, I am just waiting until I am almost finished my bag of Innova Puppy Food and then I will slowly make the transition for Darby.

Dudley wolfs down that boiled chicken and rice the bowl even moves. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I have to hold Darby while Dudley is eating and vice versa for Darby. :sl*p: :sl*p: :sl*p: :sl*p: :sl*p:
But as soon as they are both eating the same I will just watch that Darby is not getting anymore than he should.
He is one muscular little fellow and is 9 lbs right now and he is almost 5 months old. My son was actually noticing yesterday how muscular his little darling body is. :D :D :D :D

I will let you know how it goes Judy, and I appreciate all your input so keep it coming baby. :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Linda
17th August 2006, 01:50 PM
Sara, Sara, Sara

First, I sent you a Pm about the picnic with the directions but I will pick you up if you want to go.

Cause guess what

:D :D :D :D :w**h**: :w**h**: :mexwav: :jump:
I AM GOING

I received a email from my breeder this morning and she said that she did not see a problem and she is also going to try and go but is expecting a litter that weekend Sara (Puppy, Puppy) (Hint Hint)
I have always wanted to go, so I am going this year I hope Frank will come along but if not I am going anyway.

My breeder also informed me that her dogs have all had diaharea along with some other breeders she thinks something is going around. :cry*ing:

Anyway she does not see it as a problem, I would hate to bring Darby if she was not comfortable with it I totally trust her so I now have a Huge
Cavalier Party to look forward to Sept 9th. :wggle:

Sara, I would maybe call the manager yourself and express your concerns, I hate that anyway like I mentioned to Judy I did buy my EVO last night and will start introducing it again sometime next week when my darling Dudley is ready..

Sara, yes Dudley does eat more now that I have Darby cause if he doesn't eat it Darby will if given the chance but I am usually watching and lift it as he ain't getting fat. :yikes ;) ;)
No Stress while eating I just lift Darby and hold him although he squirms like a fish to get away he want that darn food.
I have had to start doing the same for Dudley as he has been trying to eat
Darby's food and he is not getting it only rice and Boiled Chicken for now. b*n*n*

When feeding EVO, the poop is much smaller and firmer you will like it and
I bet that KOSMO will too. I could of bought a new car, well almost with
all the food I have bought. Luckily the take it back, they probably always
thought to themselves at the Pet Store Oh no here she comes again, does she have a bag in her hand. icon_nwunsure no actually they were very very good about it.

You downright thief, but since your neighbor hadn't moved in I would of done the same. They just have to call the city and they will give them one, put your house # on it.
We have and will still have Garbarge pick up once a week, between the two dogs and all the kids poo I would not be able to stand it for two weeks.

How is Kosmo doing today, I hope he is feeling better poor wee soul he was just trying to help you cut the grass. :jump:

Let us know how he is doing.
Read your PM and let me know what you are dong by next week.