PDA

View Full Version : Ginger Shakes Herself- Quite a Bit

Gingers Mommy
16th August 2006, 04:02 AM
At first we thought that it was the harness. A trainer at Puppy Kindergarten mentioned that it could be stress (or nerves or anxiety), while another trainer said no its probably just that she's uncomfortable in the harness. She doesnt do it as much when shes not in the harness, at least I dont notice it so I imagine she doesnt. However, I've changed her harness and even tried a puppia- all the correct sizes and she still does it. Its once the harness goes on, then when we get out the door or out from the elevator onto the street and a number of times during the walk. Basically (its hard to explain in words!) it starts from her head and she just shakes her whole body down. At the beginning we were like Yeah shake it out champ, but now Im starting to worry (i worry about everything...)
ANY IDEAS Please???? :roll:

Alison_Leighfield
16th August 2006, 08:37 AM
Try a few simple checks first... anything in the ears? knots in coat under the armpits? harness a little tight? check feet and nails etc...Try a collar and lead for a short while and see if you notice any difference with that....

Any constant head/body shaking should I thought, be brought to your vets attention.

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Karlin
16th August 2006, 12:03 PM
I'd guess it is just her getting used to the feel of a harness and trying to shake it off -- but as Alsion notes, if you are concerned and the behaviour continues, talk to a vet. Why not keep a diary to track how many times a day you see her doing this, and when, for a week or so?

Karlin

Gingers Mommy
16th August 2006, 04:42 PM
Thanks guys, I am going to start a diary today and see how it goes. We are seeing the vet unrelated to this next week, so I will bring it up to him then. Thanks for your support and guidance.