• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Puppy fell off the bed!

JeanKC

Elvis fell off the bed last night when he and Beauregard were playing and broke a piece of bone loose where the tendon connects the knee parts. Thankfully, the docs think it may be okay with a splint for a couple weeks. He's a very unhappy puppy today, and his playmate is, too. We knew they could get hurt jumping off the bed, or falling off during their sleep...but never really thought about them falling off while playing. Duh! This will make you feel like bad doggie parents. :(

brokenel3.jpg

brokenel2.jpg

ah the pur lil fella... im sure there will be plenty of treats heading his way... a great way of relieving your guilt!!!!!! :D

harry tried to jump from my bed onto the window sill :yikes :yikes smacked his mouth and it was bleeding a little, he then had the nerve to go in a mood with me :sl*p: icon_whistling :roll: as if i made him!!!

sending lots of hugs

Oh know.... so sorry to hear that... i never would have thought that they can break a leg so easily :sl*p: i better be more carefull as Kayla falls off the bed when sleeping quite often but bed is quite low :shock:

Oh the poor little man!!! (but he looks so cute with his pretty blue splint)
Hope he is feeling better soon. Hugs form Julie and the girls :flwr:

Ahh ... his playmate looks as unhappy as Elvis to be separated by the mesh !!! Hopefully he'll get better soon .....
Best thoughts for him ...

sorry you had to go through that. did he cry? i hope he heals up fast.
the photos sure capture the moment. i had to laugh out loud when i scrolled down and saw beauregard looking at elvis in his place of confinement. a difficult time for all, clearly.

Hope Elvis is feeling better very soon! and, you are not a bad puppy parent, things like that can happen so fast! :flwr:

Oh wow is he ever big now! I love the pictures ;) I am sorry he fell off the bed!!

When Kos was still brand new to me he fell off the counter in the bathroom!! :yikes :yikes It obviously wasn't on purpose and i caught him halfway down to soften his fall, but things happen!! It was bath time and I was trying to dry him and he was so squirmy...! ALso a few weeks ago there was another dog and he squirmed out of avi's arms and fell on the concrete. Thank God there were no broken bones but the point of the stories is these things happen!! Don't beat yourself up over it and just try to look at the bright side! His leg will heal :) You're not a bad mommy so don't even think that way! :) Take care! :flwr: :flwr:

Elvis is dragging the leg around with no problems. He's using the doggie door and handling the steps just fine. He and Beau both want to chew on the splint, so we're having to watch that...but all indications are that he's gonne be fine. :flwr:

Poor baby hope he gets better soon. Don't beat yourself up, accidents happen :(

I love the pic of them on either side of the pen, they look so soulful :(

Back