• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Vacuum cleaners

Cathy Moon

:v*cuum: This is about vacuuming! What kind of vacuum cleaner do you use to pick up all the Cavvie hair at your house?

My old Eureka burned out last winter; it went the same way my old Hoover did before it. I decided to try something entirely different, since the others never did a great job anyways and kind of smelled, too.

I bought a Dyson Animal vac, and it is worth all the $$! I'm amazed at how much dog hair and dust it picks up.

I have a wind tunnel but want a dyson, does that count? LOL. Wind tunnel does pretty good, but I am sure if I got a dyson I could show my husband how much better it would do. LOL

We currently have a Miele. When it dies, we will be buying a Dyson. With all hardwood floors, it may be a little overkill, but then nobody was ever sorry they bought the best.

My Dyson all but blew up a while back :lol: We have a Morphy Richards pet vacc now and considering the amount of hair that's shed in this house it's very good 8)

I have a Dyson for upstairs which has mainly carpets and a Cat/Dog Meile for downstairs which has mainly wooden floors.

The Dyson is the best for pick up on carpets but the Meile is good for around wood floors and underneath furniture and upholstery etc.

Alison, Wilts, U.k.

I have a Wind Tunnel and for us, it's working just fine. The house is mostly hardwood floors.

I'll be carpetting the stairs in the next few months...and possibly the upstairs hall, so i'm just assuming i'll need to get a Dyson ;) icon_whistling

I have a Miele Cat/dog 700 and I HATE it!!

Maybe it's better on hard floors, but it doesn't work too well on the carpets...

It was highly recommended by Which magazine 3 years ago, but you can't empty the hoover bags, you're supposed to replace them each time which would mean more than one a week, and they are about £2 each now :yikes I tend to just resort to pulling the hair out of them and making them last a bit longer...

I used to have a Dyson, it was about mark 2, but it was really effective...when the Miele gives up I know what I will be replacing it with!!

I have the Dyson Animal and I love it. I always remark that it must pick up at least enough fur for a new Cav every time I use it! Best Vac I've ever owned :D

I use a Miele 2200 cat and dog and I find it great; very powerful, great for picking up the hairs off the carpet and wooden floors, its the best vac I've ever had :D , but boy does Elliot hate it :v*cuum:

Hmmm this is a timely thread. I am thinking of getting a Dyson Animal -- friends have one and love it. Neither they nor I have carpet but we do have dogs/cats that sleep on furniture and area rugs, plus I have carpeted stairs. I have a great little Siemens that wasn;t very expensive but has great suction -- problem is the bags full up quickly and I feel it doesn't really get the dirt out of the rugs.

Karlin,
I LOVE my Dyson for upholstery, rugs, carpeting and cobwebs on the corners of the ceiling :yikes and vaccuuming out return and heating vents BUT if I am just going over the floors, I use my central vac, the Dyson is just to clumsy trying to roll it around the hardwoods and I am too spastic :lol: . When I heavy duty clean the floors and baseboards-I'll use it. BUT I do LOVE the results on carpets!!! AND I LOVE seeing all that nasty dirt in the cannister :badgrin: !

Nancy
NJ

I think the rollers on our Animal Vac need replacing :(

It's sort of half giving up the ghost this weekend - luckily I can still use it to do the stairs, where ENORMOUS amounts of pet hair seems to accumulate ;)

Yes, stairs in my house are very scary after a few days. :yikes

I'm starting a weekly radio slot on one of the news programmes here so today was thinking I will make this (rather meagre) source of new income my 'animal money' to spend on dog and cat related items and vet bills. :lol: That will go for a new vacuum.

I have got an ancient Dyson DC04, a Miele cat n dog and an LG Cyking. I use the LG one upstairs and the Miele downstairs. The Dyson is used for any manky jobs & the occasional whip round if I am short of time :lol:

I love my Miele, but, like Nicki says, the bags cost a fortune and I too end up pulling lumps of fur out of them :roll:

I have hard floors everywhere in my house except the stairs and landing which are carpet. I do have some thick woollen rugs though and they take ages to vacuum with the Miele.

The LG is OK for bedrooms but the filter keeps clogging up on it and then it has to be dismantled and washed :|

There's a new Vax animal out that is supposed to be marvellous for pet hair (aren't they all?) but my mate invested in a Kirby when she got married over 20 years ago and it's still going strong - maybe we should all got for one of those - anyone had a good lottery win lately?????

Back