• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Throwing up!!!

Nisha

hi...today started out normally ..both the dogs had breakfast in the morning..all day was fine and then just about 2 hours ago Milo started throwing up! i gave him sum water and the drank and drank and then he threw up agen...he probably threw up 3 times in less than 1/2 hr! im really worried about him..i dont think it was due to dehydration since he has water around him 2 drink 24/7 but i dont kno what caused it! we did add a little bit of different food in his meal this morning but we do that ocasionally and he doesnt seem to have a problem with it. Monty seems fine..i just dont kno whats wrong with milo...is this serious?
Thankyou,
Nisha :( :?

Hi has he eated some thing I would get him to a vet if he was mine if possible there should be some one around in a bit good luck Aileen

Given his size, yes, it could be serious as they can dehydrate very quickly. It sounds as though he has some sort of blockage if he's not keeping even water down. I would take in him and get him checked out.

Poor Milo, was there anything in his vomit?

In a previous post you said he will be 10 months old soon, and you are changing him from 2 meals a day to 1. Just wondering if he vomited on an empty stomach, and also what time of day was it when he vomited.

If he still cannot hold down water, I would take him to the vet.

How is he behaving? Has he been pooping normally?

hi...he seems totally fine now...i have no idea what it was. yea he threw up at around 5:30 pm... maybe it was just one of those days but i suspect it was the type of meat we put in his food that morning as it was a different one he had never had and that was what he threw up at 5:30..i hope that was all...i chucked out the rest of the meat.
thankyou

:D :D :D :D

Happy to hear he is doing good.

I just went through almost a few weeks of my boy Dudley being very ill and it was awful. Rushed him to the Vet and he needed probiotics, anitbiotics and stomach coater.

He is now back to himself. :D :D :D :D

Glad to hear Milo is now fine - it can be quite worrying the first time they are sick.

Merlin is sick about once a week generally on a Saturday - it seems to coincide that Thursday is training class so he gets lots of treats, they must be too rich or somtheing as friday he eats grass and then saturday he just brings up bile (which I belive can happen if there is too much fat).

I'm in the process of trying to find a treat that doesn't have the same effect on his tum but has the same "yes I'll do it for a treat" effect.

Have you tried Gravy bones, Ozzy is the same with other treats but fine with these, I can break them into three pieces so he isn't getting fat on one bone at a time.... ;)

Kirsty, I don't know if you have 'string' cheese in the UK, it is low fat mozzarella cheese shaped into 'sticks' for snacks. I cut up one stick into tiny pieces and use it for training treats in agility class. Actually I only feed Geordie 1/2 of the stick during classes.

If you get the low fat kind, it doesn't leave any residue on your fingers, and it doesn't leave an oily mess like swiss cheese does.

Hi there

Not sure what treats you use for training but I use liver cooked, cooled and diced very fine and the dogs love it, it also goes a long way and it does not appear too rich. My boys have a rather sensitive stomach and I have not had any dramas yet, fingers crossed.

Thanks for the replies regarding treats - I neve thought about the cheese strings - will give them a go - I'll let you know how I get on!

Back