PDA

View Full Version : Rawhide-Any good alternatives?

Gingers Mommy
24th August 2006, 05:25 PM
Im trying to find good alternatives to Rawhide for Ginger to chew on. Shes not into Nylabnes and I wont give her rawhide anymore after she got bacteria from it and was having really soft stool for a while. She doesnt mind the cow ears we have for her but she definatly doesnt get into them as much as she did the rawhide we gave her. Any suggestions? :flwr:

arasara
24th August 2006, 05:31 PM
We use booda bones, bully sticks, kongs, .. basically anything hard and plastic or hard and rubber.. Kosmo is a HUGE chewer though so we can't go with anything other than the strongest stuff on the market otherwise my investments are torn into shreads within 24 hours!! :yikes :yikes :yikes Kosmo seems to REALLY enjoy the booda bones though. GOod luck! :thmbsup:

joanna
24th August 2006, 05:34 PM
Our girls love tripe sticks but they smell disgusting :yuk:

Finns Family
24th August 2006, 05:38 PM
Tripe Sticks? Yuck :yuk: Memories of my grandmother preparing Haggis has eliminated to word tripe from my vocabulary... :? If it smells bad, Finn would love it though...lol.

Cathy Moon
24th August 2006, 05:57 PM
My cavs love the bully sticks! Yes, they are a little gross, but they get so much enjoyment I just can't say no! I only buy the golden brownish colored bullies. The sticks with the dark glaze on them give my pups the runs.

Jen
24th August 2006, 09:30 PM
We give our two CT chews (from the vet's office), chicken strip chews (from Trader Joe's), stuffed Kongs, and Gus' favorite--an empty Evian or Dasani bottle. :lol:

Denise G.
24th August 2006, 10:37 PM
I can relate to the empty water bottles--Wrigley (my Golden) loves those more than life itself! He pulverizes them though. It's gotten so that he spits out the plastic bits on command from me--ha! If he doesn't, it gets taken away. Goldens are like garbage disposals...

Kingofthehouse86
25th August 2006, 03:09 AM
King has booda bones, bully stix (like ones for the same reason as Cathy) flossies, chicken fillets, and I just bought him a lil nylabone which he seems to like

Claire
25th August 2006, 12:29 PM
My guys love toilet rolls (empty of course), pleae they have a green plastic thing and a blue bone thing with bobbles on it which cleans their teeth, we did do rawhide chews by Woody always ends up choking.