PDA

View Full Version : Do your Cavs hunt butterflies?

Alicia
24th August 2006, 05:37 PM
Dasher and Biker are absolutely obsessed with butterflies! I created this slideshow of them hunting on a beautiful summer day in my father's garden. I hope this works!

http://w104.photobucket.com/widgets/dynamicflash.php?featuretype=bucketshow&featurename=butterflies&pa=/m172/abtee3/

Finns Family
24th August 2006, 05:42 PM
Hi Alicia,

Dasher and Biker are adorable and I can understand why they like to play in that garden :) Great job on the slideshow!

I have to say I love it when they stand like that...anything to get a little closer to the action.

merlinsmum
24th August 2006, 05:43 PM
What a pair of gorgeous cheeky monkies!!!!! They look like they are having so much fun together! :) :)

Linda
24th August 2006, 05:58 PM
Just gotta say first that I adore the names, they are so different. 8)

Amazing slideshow, they sure are gorgeous and I just love the one of the two of them looking through the fence. :thmbsup: :l*v:

My Dudley goes nuts for Butterflies, Birds and anything that moves. :wggle:
The little one is just learning, but I can already tell he is going to be even more trouble than his older brother.
b*n*n* b*n*n*

Alison_Leighfield
24th August 2006, 06:17 PM
Great partners in crime! :lol:

Mine spend hours bug watching, nothing like a good chew on a fly :yikes :yuk:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Jen
24th August 2006, 09:26 PM
What cute picutes! Those deserve framing! I love the names, too. :D

Abbey LOVES butterflies, so much so that I bought her a collar with little butterflies on it. :D She doesn't really go after anything else, but butterflies really set her off!!

Alicia
24th August 2006, 09:51 PM
Gee thanks everybody for the nice comments. Wish I could take credit for their names, but I must defer to my creative breeder (another ex-pat from Scotland, Linda).

Biker is the true hunter; Dasher follows suit and tries to keep up. Biker is the Tricolor flying out of the bushes in one of the pictures. Like Abbey, she doesn't really go for any other type of bug. Sometimes the small moths that come out at night but monarchs are her favorite. Fortunately, she can't catch them...or almost can't... :(

Sunna
24th August 2006, 10:11 PM
Those pictures are adorable! :flwr: I know about Cavalier who eats butterflies, Fjalar just run after them and wanna "play with them" but he wouldn't THINK about eat them. He would never hurt a fly. Molder has no interest.

Cathy Moon
25th August 2006, 01:36 AM
I love your slide show. Your cavs are adorable! :flwr:

RockNRollCav
25th August 2006, 01:48 AM
Corgan chased a dragon fly today for about 3 seconds! :)

angie
26th August 2006, 09:45 AM
lovely slide show. you can see the gleam in their eyes, they look soooo happy. :p :p :p :p :p

GeeGee
26th August 2006, 02:21 PM
thats so cute, pippa has an obsession with butterflys, moths, bees, flies, birds everything that fly's lol. She is so funny if u say to her 'wheres the fly'
she immediatly looks on the walls and perks up trying to find them. she never gets them though! hehehehhe xxxxxxxxxxxx

Cathy Moon
26th August 2006, 02:34 PM
Chocolate and India have been trying to catch moths that fly around our light on the deck at night. :lol: Geordie prefers chasing rabbits every morning.

They are such serious little hunters :roll: :lol:

Remali
28th August 2006, 02:42 AM
Your slideshow is great, what beautiful dogs! And your garden area is beautiful too! It looks like they have a wonderful time chasing butterflies, that is so cute!

Mary
28th August 2006, 11:43 AM
Great pictures. Dasher and Biker are great names and lovely pups also. My cavaliers love to chase anything that flies. They are typical little spaniels with hunter in there genes.

Maxxs_Mummy
28th August 2006, 09:21 PM
They are gorgeous :D I love their names too :)

My two don't really bother about butterflies but my friend's Cav is obsessed by them LOL

Claire
29th August 2006, 02:18 PM
What a great selection of photo's - Busta loves chasing flies, moths, butterflys, daddy long legs, anything - he will stare at them for ages - pity they normally head for the uplighter in our front room which normally frys them.....doh :yikes