• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Pet insurance..

cecily

Just thought of pet insurance... does everyone have it? What companies are best? Is it worth it?

Hi Cecily,
We're insured with allianz. It's about 15 euro a month and well worth it. We had to get patella surgery for Daisy Boo and they paid UCD direct.

Joanna

I just received mine in the post this morning for Rory, I think one really needs to have it, as Vet bills can be huge, and if pooch was ill, well I would want to be able to just run to have him all better without not eating for a month. I to am with allienz

Hi Cicily.
As far as I'm aware Allianze is the only pet insurer that operates in Ireland. I have Holly insured as Vet recommended it for the breed.

Yvonne

I have just changed from Pinnicle to Marks & Spencers as well, don't forget to look for "LIFE LONG CONDITION" cover...many cover the dog for life but each condition for only 12 months !!! read the tiny small print.

With things like MVD and SM more than 12 months cover will be needed for expensive meds, scans etc.

Alot will now cover for use of non conventional vacs (nosodes) as long as you ring and let them know...M & S were excellent.

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Back