PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Minnesota

seamus_d
26th August 2006, 04:57 PM
http://static.flickr.com/64/225214803_e1464ae24d_t.jpg

Hi All,

I am so happy I discovered this great group!! I just purchased a 9 month tri color male named Seamus. He is a delightful dog- full of energy and very loving. He is defintely on the larger size- about 15 inches at the shoulders and about 19 pounds. I haven't owned a CKCS before- we currently have a 10 year old Newfoundland named Guinness. Luckily the two dogs are getting along great!

I am looking forward to going through the forums!
Mary

seamus_d
26th August 2006, 04:59 PM
http://static.flickr.com/64/225214803_e1464ae24d_t.jpg

trying to add the picture of Seamus.....

brid kenny
26th August 2006, 05:24 PM
Welcome. This is a great website.

Cathy T
26th August 2006, 05:31 PM
Seamus is a cutie. I love the name. Rory's mom's parents have two newfies and they look so cute with little Rory.

Alison_Leighfield
26th August 2006, 07:40 PM
Hi and icon_welcome,

hope you enjoy the group..your little one is a handsome chap :lotsaluv:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Jen
26th August 2006, 09:52 PM
Welcome, neighbor! We're in St Louis Park :D Glad you've found the site! Maybe we'll see you sometime at the small dog playgroup at the Woodview dog park in Rosevile--it's at 10am on Saturdays and 6pm on Tuesdays.

Remali
27th August 2006, 09:27 PM
Hi! I just joined today, and I'm next door in Wisconsin. Your puppy is absolutely adorable! I got mine last fall in October, aren't Cavaliers the best?!

Cathy Moon
27th August 2006, 10:12 PM
Hi Mary, Seamus, and Guinness! icon_welcome So glad to hear they're getting along! I'll bet they're beautiful together. :flwr:

seamus_d
28th August 2006, 06:11 PM
I am so thrilled with Seamus. He has the laid back attitude of a Newfie but in a MUCH more manageable size!! He doesn't seem terribly fond of the water but I am hoping he will copy Guinness and go in. I went to the Cavalier show at the Lake Elmo fairgrounds and it was great to see all the different types of Cavaliers. They are adorable dogs and I think I may be a convert to smaller dogs.

Mary

Bruce H
28th August 2006, 07:26 PM
Hi Mary and welcome. I live out in Minnetonka in the western burbs. I know you will enjoy this forum, there are a great bunch of people here and you will be hard pressed to ask a question that someone can't answer.

BTW, were you at the fun match on Friday nite or the regular matches on Saturday and Sunday at Lake Elmo? I missed the regular match on Saturday (but my wife was there showing a dog), but I was there the other 2 days.

Almost forgot, keep an eye on this forum. We are trying to start a local Cavalier club and we have a Cavalier get-together 2 or 3 times a year at Pet Junction by 694 and Rice Street. I will post here when the next one is set.

Denise G.
28th August 2006, 07:53 PM
Welcome Mary, Seamus and Guinness!! This is really a great forum--I'm sure you'll enjoy it, as I have! Seamus is so cute!

I also have a Golden (Wrigley) and was looking for that sweet temperament in a smaller dog. I've been so happy with Mia--she's still a puppy, of course, but such a sweetie!

matties mum
1st September 2006, 06:16 PM
:w*w: love the photo of your little one icon_welcome cl*p b*n*n* :jump: Aileen