• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hello from Minnesota

seamus_d

225214803_e1464ae24d_t.jpg

Hi All,

I am so happy I discovered this great group!! I just purchased a 9 month tri color male named Seamus. He is a delightful dog- full of energy and very loving. He is defintely on the larger size- about 15 inches at the shoulders and about 19 pounds. I haven't owned a CKCS before- we currently have a 10 year old Newfoundland named Guinness. Luckily the two dogs are getting along great!

I am looking forward to going through the forums!
Mary

Seamus is a cutie. I love the name. Rory's mom's parents have two newfies and they look so cute with little Rory.

Welcome, neighbor! We're in St Louis Park :D Glad you've found the site! Maybe we'll see you sometime at the small dog playgroup at the Woodview dog park in Rosevile--it's at 10am on Saturdays and 6pm on Tuesdays.

Hi! I just joined today, and I'm next door in Wisconsin. Your puppy is absolutely adorable! I got mine last fall in October, aren't Cavaliers the best?!

Hi Mary, Seamus, and Guinness! icon_welcome So glad to hear they're getting along! I'll bet they're beautiful together. :flwr:

I am so thrilled with Seamus. He has the laid back attitude of a Newfie but in a MUCH more manageable size!! He doesn't seem terribly fond of the water but I am hoping he will copy Guinness and go in. I went to the Cavalier show at the Lake Elmo fairgrounds and it was great to see all the different types of Cavaliers. They are adorable dogs and I think I may be a convert to smaller dogs.

Mary

Hi Mary and welcome. I live out in Minnetonka in the western burbs. I know you will enjoy this forum, there are a great bunch of people here and you will be hard pressed to ask a question that someone can't answer.

BTW, were you at the fun match on Friday nite or the regular matches on Saturday and Sunday at Lake Elmo? I missed the regular match on Saturday (but my wife was there showing a dog), but I was there the other 2 days.

Almost forgot, keep an eye on this forum. We are trying to start a local Cavalier club and we have a Cavalier get-together 2 or 3 times a year at Pet Junction by 694 and Rice Street. I will post here when the next one is set.

Welcome Mary, Seamus and Guinness!! This is really a great forum--I'm sure you'll enjoy it, as I have! Seamus is so cute!

I also have a Golden (Wrigley) and was looking for that sweet temperament in a smaller dog. I've been so happy with Mia--she's still a puppy, of course, but such a sweetie!

Back