PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Please

misty
26th August 2006, 06:59 PM
Sorry to post this here as well, but I've just put a message up about Cailean on the MVD section.

He's extremely ill in hospital. He may not make it. :(

I just think the more people are thinking of him, the better chance he might have.

Thanks.

Alison_Leighfield
26th August 2006, 07:28 PM
Fran,

thinking of you, with all our thoughts and prayers for you and your family...may Cailean find the strength and come through this for you...hang in there Fran, we are all sending positive thoughts for your darling boy....

Alison xxx

Wilts, U.k.

Karlin
26th August 2006, 07:37 PM
I've just posted there to you; fingers crossed for Cailean and hugs for you.

geri
26th August 2006, 08:05 PM
you have my thoughts and prayers too, bless

GudrunTheRed
26th August 2006, 08:25 PM
Chester, Gabriel and I are all sending positive energy and love to Cailean and you both! Please keep us up to date on how things progress.

emsley
26th August 2006, 08:55 PM
We are all here thinking so positively for you and Cailean
We send so much love :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Bruce H
26th August 2006, 09:22 PM
Positive thoughts and prayers for Cailean. Hang in there.

Cathy T
26th August 2006, 09:30 PM
Oh no Fran. My heart dropped. Sending out my strongest most powerful prayers for you and Cailean :lotsaluv:

Nicki
26th August 2006, 09:31 PM
Oh Fran I'm so sorry - sending lots of positive, healing thoughts to your darling boy - and comforting ones to you too.

He's in the best place, I'm sure they will do everything possible for him.

Keep us posted...

Love and VB ((((hugs))) from us all

judy
26th August 2006, 09:54 PM
oh fran--how sad and frightening--i'm so sorry--declan left so recently and was only young himself. your most recent vet report was encouraging. I will be thinking of you and cailean and waiting to hear more reports. it must be so hard to be an hour's drive away. so sorry to hear about this....may cailean absorb all the love that is coming his way today.

Claire L
27th August 2006, 01:26 AM
Fran, the same thing happened to my Rudee six years ago. She was running around playing and then later that night she started wheezing and her heart was pumping like mad. I had to stay up all night stroking her and trying to calm her down. Next morning I took her to the vet and she had to stay in for the week-end. It was the worst time ever. All I could do was pray and send her positive thoughts of love. I got her back on the Monday morning and she was put on heart meds and diuretics. The Vet said that he thought he was going to lose her but she made it through. She's now twelve and a half .
Hang in there Fran. Just keep sending him lots of love and positive thoughts, as I am to you both.

Lots of love and best wishes...

Mary
27th August 2006, 02:01 AM
Fran there are so many people pulling for Cailean. I have no doubt he will be OK! Keep us posted.

debjen
27th August 2006, 02:26 AM
Sending good thoughts

Denise G.
27th August 2006, 04:54 AM
Heartfelt prayers to you and Cailean.

Denise G.
27th August 2006, 04:58 AM
Heartfelt prayers to you and Cailean.

Nisha
27th August 2006, 11:31 AM
Hang in their Caileen! we'll be thinking about you. Sending prayers to u. :flwr: :flwr:

arasara
27th August 2006, 05:14 PM
OH Fran honey,

I am so sorry to hear about Cailean. Kosmo and I are sending positive thoughts your way. Please try to stay positive and on the bright side. They really can sense our emotions!!! Take care of yourself and TONS of hugs your way!! :flwr:

Harry & Heidi's mom
27th August 2006, 06:22 PM
sending hugs and prayers your way.

:flwr:

misty
27th August 2006, 07:45 PM
Cailean's now been home a few hours and is fast asleep on the living room floor in front of me. I think he's still partially sedated.

He's panting a lot, but no trouble breathing. Have had lots of kisses from him in the car travelling back.

Hopefully he'll be able to settle back down ok. Will see what the vet says on Tuesday. Maybe it's time for stronger meds again.

Thanks everyone for thinking of us.

Sunna
27th August 2006, 08:15 PM
Oh poor Cailean. I will be thinking and praying for you little boy and fingers, toes and paws will be crossed here :l*v: :xfngr:

Thousand hugs :hug: :flwr:

judy
27th August 2006, 08:26 PM
Cailean's now been home a few hours and is fast asleep on the living room floor in front of me....Hopefully he'll be able to settle back down ok. Will see what the vet says on Tuesday. Maybe it's time for stronger meds again.

welcome home caliean :flwr:
did they put him on medication?
take good care,
i'm sure being home lifts cailean's spirit
xo

misty
27th August 2006, 08:43 PM
Cailean's now been home a few hours and is fast asleep on the living room floor in front of me....Hopefully he'll be able to settle back down ok. Will see what the vet says on Tuesday. Maybe it's time for stronger meds again.

welcome home caliean :flwr:
did they put him on medication?
take good care,
i'm sure being home lifts cailean's spirit
xo

He's already on frusemide and vetmedin. I wonder if they'll increase these or maybe add another drug into the equation next week.

cecily
27th August 2006, 09:25 PM
Our prayers and thoughts are with you and Cailean

judy
28th August 2006, 01:19 AM
He's already on frusemide and vetmedin. I wonder if they'll increase these or maybe add another drug into the equation next week.

yes, i was kind of surprised that they didn't make any changes. i wonder what they did to help him and get him stabilized.

misty
28th August 2006, 12:21 PM

yes, i was kind of surprised that they didn't make any changes. i wonder what they did to help him and get him stabilized.

Well, firstly they gave him oxygen. Then he had an injection to help his breathing.

After we left, she sedated him, to give his heart a chance to get back to normal.

The problem is when he gets over-excited :(. He IS a very lively dog! He is burning his candle at both ends.... just like his dad, Declan, did.

Painful as it is, I would rather have a lively, happy dog for less time than a quiet, depressed dog for longer.

I will talk to the vet tomorrow to see if there's any first aid we can give him if he gets into a state like that again. Thank God we got him to the vets quickly!

judy
28th August 2006, 01:11 PM
...The problem is when he gets over-excited :(. He IS a very lively dog! He is burning his candle at both ends.... just like his dad, Declan, did.

Painful as it is, I would rather have a lively, happy dog for less time than a quiet, depressed dog for longer.

Amen to that.

Claire
29th August 2006, 01:44 PM
Oh Fran, just seen this as not able to check throughout the weekend, I hope he is okay now, just sending lots of good thought and kisses from my guys.
:?

Roxanne
29th August 2006, 01:49 PM
Sending you prayers ((((HUGS)))))

Forest
31st August 2006, 01:40 PM
Oh Fran, I am so sorry to hear how sick Cailen has been. I hope and pray that he is on the mend and that the vet will be able to give him something to help him be more comfortable. Just know that we are all here for you.
:flwr: Julie and the girls

Maxxs_Mummy
31st August 2006, 01:43 PM
How is our baby doing today, Fran? Been thinking about you all, lots over the last few days xxxxx

selina
31st August 2006, 01:47 PM
Our loving thoughts go to you at this time of need. And I hope your boy is as peaceful and comfortable as he can be.
From Selina, Jeremy, and the golden girls

Kimmisue
31st August 2006, 05:18 PM
I just saw this post ...Many prayers and hugs from our family. :lotsaluv: :xfngr: :l*v:

Please keep us updated on your baby.

misty
31st August 2006, 09:51 PM
Thanks everyone :).

Cailean's quite bright, a little quieter than usual, but his intense coughing has subsided with the introduction of the Corventyl.

He's not the sharpest tool in the box and has been even more oblivious to the world around him - he is just too involved and busy being Cailean to bother with anything else :lol:

Making the most of the good times tbh. It's just sad that it's the end of any 'excitement' for him, although he doesn't mind - he is the happiest lad I've ever met. We can't even take him out in the car .... he just gets way too excited !

matties mum
1st September 2006, 03:55 PM
I have been on holiday so have not been around and am so gald that Callean is a bit better I went on to the M V D site and wonder if it was you lost of love to Callean and take care Aileen