• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Newbie from Pennsylvania

Molly's mom

Hello everyone and greetings from Pennsylvania!!! :p

I am so glad that I found this webiste and only wish I had found it a long time ago.

Alittle about me.

My name is Bev, i'm from Erie, Pennsylvania. My husband Randy and I been married for 23 years and have three daughters (16, 18 & 20). I work part time seasonally for the PA fish and boat commission at a Marina. We had been a cat family for over 20 years when last spring a friend of mine showed up with a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. Well as you know it took me no time to fall in love and I instantly began yearning for one of my own. Just think unconditional love, no asking for the car keys, desperately pleading for the latest American Eagle Jeans or a tuition bill for a $35,000 a year college. So I started doing my research and found that if I were to build a dog, a Cavalier has everything thing that I would want in a dog.

My husband had been hinting around for a new motorcycle for months, so one day I called him at work and said "you know you will eventually get your motorcycle, but I want a Cavalier and I want it now". He asked me if I knew what I was doing (again, we've never had a dog) of course I said yes even though I didn't have a clue. I piled my girls in the car and said we were going on a road trip. Three 1/2 hours later we were at the breeders and found Molly.

On a side note, at the same time my dad was in the end stages of cancer and he was worried that a puppy might interfere with my ability to be available to care for him when the time was needed. (Of course that was a ridiculous notion but I assured him I would always be there). It turned out that Molly was a great source of comfort to my dad and was right there with him in the end.

Well, fast forward.....Molly is now 16months old and 12lbs of unconditional love. Even my husband who was the biggest anti dog person I knew, is absolutely in love with her. She accompanies me to work and everyone one that passes through the Marina knows her by name and has to get a big greeting from Molly.

Sorry to be so long winded, but I am so excited to join your group, I spent hours last night reading over posts and thinking to my self "oh I wish I had seen this months ago!" :jump:

Thank you for having me....

Bev

Welcome, Bev. Molly is a beautiful girl--very elegant looking. I'm sure you'll enjoy this forum--it's been a life saver for me--also a new Cav owner.

Enjoy!

Welcome Bev. I loved your story!! My husband and I have been married 14 years, no kids, and were always cat people. Then....I met a Cavalier and that was it. So....he got a bigger tv and I got a Cavalier...then he got a gun safe and I got another Cavalier!! But I do think we're good at two!

My hubby too was initially reluctant about a dog. Too much work, dog hair, how do we take trips...and on and on. Well....try to get Shelby off of his lap at night!!

I love that Molly was such a comfort to your dad. It's amazing how much these little dogs can touch people's lives!

Hi there Bev! Your Molly is so beautiful, what a nice photo that is of her, she looks so photogenic! I enjoyed hearing about how you got involved with Cavaliers, they're like potato chips - can't resist them! I got my Cavalier just three days before my dad passed away last fall, my dad had been on home hospice care and it was just my sister and I taking care of him, along with hospice....and getting Bentley was such a comfort to me at the time. Enjoy the forums here, they're great! I recently just found this site too and am I ever glad that I did!

Hi Bev and welcome to the site. Molly is a beautiful little baby and it's so nice to hear that you have had so much comfort from her.

I agree with everything you've said - they ask for nothing and give so much in return. I have two boys and could now fill my house up with them - if only hubby and finances would allow!

Back