• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

We had FUN...

Moviedust

....destroying Dad's magazine. See???

shredCedar.jpg

shred-willow.jpg

What I find of particular interest is that amongst all the shredded paper, you can clearly see a rope toy, their tug-o-war blanket, and a bouncy blue jack. They were desperate for entertainment. :roll:

Just as bad as my two (just the two!!) Ozzy and Woody tore up the bank statements, darrens mobile phone bill and then also destroyed a tesco wine magazine - had bits of plastic all over the place, going to have to get a post box and attach it to the wall outside........ Darrens Mum will clearly up bits of paper for 20 minutes yesterday and they kept grabbing pieces clearly thinking it was a game... icon_whistling

Happy looking pups there! What is it about paper that is so entertaining. All of mine love to do the same thing. Great paper shredders...

I have a paper shreder too, and an underwear theif :roll: When I came home yesterday, JoJo had about 15 pairs of underwear and socks strung out all outside and in his outside bed, a few shoes and some sticks from the yard. :lol: :lol: :lol: They have to do something to keep them entertained while we are gone right??? :D

I love the pic of the pup walking away licking his lips, it looks like he's throughly satisfied with himself!

What a mess they can make when they are in the mood!!! :yikes

Karlin said:
And what did daddy say? :lol:

His first response: "That's MY magazine!! Which month is it? It better not be August; I havent read it yet!" :roll:

We then insued in a discussion about why this behavior is suddenly appearing, and who the instigator is in the shredding game. I think Willow, sweet, quiet, unassuming Willow is the one with the great "Hey, you know what we should do..." schemes.

I suspect Willow because Cedar has never bothered these types of things when left around. We have frequently left flyers and magazines on the coffee table even when she was a little pup, and she's never touched them. Willow, on the other hand, is always pushing the boundaries of what she's allowed to do. We havent fully established with her what the boundaries are and what NO really means. We've only had her for two months and I think she's started to come out of her shell.

The girls are being left during the morning alone in the sunroom. They graduated up to the sunroom from the xpen this summer, but then my summer classes ended and I wasnt gone as much. They got used to be being home all the time. Now it's the end of my second week back at work, and the shredding issue has developed. We've removed all shreddable fun stuff from the room, but I think the behavior is more of a response to me being gone after getting used to me being home. Willow, especially, seems to feel the absence of folks more than Cedar. Cedar's used to the coming and going and she knows we'll be back. Willow... not so much.

It's good that Willow is coming out of her shell, although DH's magazines suffer. ;) We'll be stepping up her obedience and socialization at the end of September, so hopefully she'll be ready for it.

Ack.. what a natter I can be. :S

LMAO I love it :lol: If it's Willow who is shredding or instigating the shredding then could it be because very often the mills use old paper as bedding and the furbabies have to shred it to keep warm?

Now she's doing it for fun :lol: It's OK I can laugh - I've got two paper shredders as well and tissues from the kids bins are even better :lol:

I was sure Cailean wasn't looking over my shoulder when I looked at this earlier, but no more than an hour later he was on the settee shredding the local freebie paper. :lol:

It's so wonderful when they're mischievous ;)

I laughed out loud when I saw these pictures!! That's sooo funny. I am sure they had a great time!! We had some people over the other day and the powder room (bathroom) door was left open. While we were sitting at the table eating we seen him trail out with a piece of TP. Upon further investigation I noticed he had jumped up to the TP roll holder and strung it out all through the foyer! :yikes :yikes Looks like he had a wonderful time!! lol. SO was it August?!

That looks way too familiar. We have learned the hard way to put magazines and newspapers out of reach.

Hey, at least they had a good time! Now that they've done that, they're probably planning their next "Great Adventure". You do know that the entertainment for them was not the shredding (which WAS fun, BTW), but was your reaction to their work, right? :lol:

ROFL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looks like some doggys had fun... :badgrin:
The second pic is soo funny!

arasara said:
I laughed out loud when I saw these pictures!! That's sooo funny. I am sure they had a great time!! We had some people over the other day and the powder room (bathroom) door was left open. While we were sitting at the table eating we seen him trail out with a piece of TP. Upon further investigation I noticed he had jumped up to the TP roll holder and strung it out all through the foyer! :yikes :yikes Looks like he had a wonderful time!! lol. SO was it August?!

Sara, maybe you should put him up as the next Andrex puppy :lol: They could do with a change from the labs and a Cavalier would be wonderful :lol:

Back