PDA

View Full Version : HOMED: Ex breeding bitch/ Waterford: foster needed

Karlin
2nd September 2006, 11:09 AM
I am told a wom,an in the Waterford has been told a woman wants to rehome an ex breeding bitch CKCS and if she can't find a home she will pts. :(

The woman is going to get her if she hasn't already been rehomed or pts and then she will come into rescue. I will need a foster spot for her until she can be placed -- I do not know if this is a dog that has lived in the house and is a pet or which has been more a puppy farm dog.

Either way this sounds like a little cavalier very much in need of a kind and caring home where she won't be viewed as a disposable puppy producer.

I can get her in Waterford or can place her for foster in the region so all offers of help would be valued. If this woman gets her she will need a place very urgently, as usual with rescues, so please PM me if you might be able to help.

Maxxs_Mummy
2nd September 2006, 12:48 PM
Oh Karlin, this has brought tears to my eyes. I wish I was nearer to you, I'd take her in and foster her at the drop of a hat.

Hope someone volunteers soon, she sounds like she needs a lot of TLC, poor little love :(

Claire L
5th September 2006, 01:33 PM
Any news on this little girl Karlin???
I can't stop thinking about her :( :(

Karlin
5th September 2006, 05:03 PM
Claire, I've PM'd you. I believe she will be coming into rescue. I should get some more details on her this evening.

Karlin
5th September 2006, 06:58 PM
She is safe in rescue.

:jump:

A very kind woman who heard of her plight drove down to Waterford and got her and she is now in Kildare and safe in short term foster, with this woman's 15 year old cavalier! :drivecar:

She is a little tricolour, great personality, very placid, about 4-5 probably. In a poor state from neglect and needs a good diet and some TLC. Her sin was that she wouldn't reproduce so the man who had bought her was going to pts if he couldn't give her away. :(

Her name is Tara. :)

Claire L
5th September 2006, 08:30 PM
:w**h**: :mexwav: :jmp: :lotsaluv: :rah: :mexwav: :w**h**:
So glad to hear that she is safe. If she's meant for me - then lord, let it be!

Karlin
5th September 2006, 09:15 PM
I've PM'd you my number (though also emailed you so maybe it went there). Give me a ring when you get the chance. :)

Claire L
5th September 2006, 09:16 PM
:D Karlin did you get my mail?.

Karlin
5th September 2006, 09:27 PM
No, not yet! Maybe resend or check the address?

Alison_Leighfield
5th September 2006, 09:31 PM
Oh Claire....that would be so wonderful.... :flwr:

Lets all cross our fingers :xfngr: .....lord let it be... :flwr:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Maxxs_Mummy
5th September 2006, 10:42 PM
There are no words for people like that B****** of a man :x

Thank goodness he's safe and protected now and will know love and kindness for quite possibly the very first time in her little life :(

Claire, I really hope she's meant for you, I'll bet Rudee would love a little friend to snuggle up with :l*v:

Claire L
5th September 2006, 10:58 PM
:D Going to collect her in the morning. To be honest, I am am both terrified and excited at the same time. We just have to take it one step at a time and see how it goes. I hope Rudee doesn't give her a hard time though. She has been the ONLY canine in this house for 12 1/2 yrs so she's about to get a BIG shock :yikes but I'm sure she'll accept her new pal with the grace and dignity that is synonymous with Cavaliers.
Say a prayer that all goes well.

Alison_Leighfield
5th September 2006, 11:40 PM
Yes, Yes, Yes...she will be coming to you.. :thmbsup:

:mexwav: :mexwav: :mexwav: :mexwav:

I'm sure Rudee will be so very soft and gentle with her...just give it a little time....lots of updates needed and pics :flwr:

This little one will have a new and wonderful life with you I'm sure :lotsaluv: thank you for opening your heart and home to her.

Alison, wilts, U.k.

Maxxs_Mummy
6th September 2006, 12:08 AM
Oh Claire I echo everything that Alison has said to you. Thank you for opening your heart to this little one. Rescues are so rewarding, they really are :l*v:

I have never regretted fostering or adopting any of the rescues that have been through my door, they have all left their imprints on the house and our hearts :l*v:

I'm sure Rudee will be fine when she gets used to the new arrival, just give them time to get used to each other and give her a few extra cuddles to let her know she's still your special girl.

Oh yeah, and always introduce them on neutral territory - it can save loads of heartache in the long run.

Really good luck and lots of love for you all from me and mine xxxxx

Karlin
6th September 2006, 11:30 PM
Rudee is having a bit of a stressful time adjusting to a new dog and given her age and solo place at Claire's, it would be better for Tara to find a different home, thoiugh this was a difficult decision.

She needs a foster place, and/or I am open to talking to people on homing this girl, though I also have a place in mind.

Be aware that this is a dog who needs extra time and support; she has not come from a good situation. She will also need some dental work, she is missing quite a few teeth and you probably wouldn't want to ask why. She should not have been allowed to reach such a state of neglect.

She is a very beautiful little tricolour and extremely loving and enjoys other dogs.

Please PM me and send a phone number and I will call you to discuss further, if you can be of help or wish to consider homing her. :)

Nicki
6th September 2006, 11:33 PM
Oh I'm so sorry that it didn't work out...I guess it would be very hard for Rudee to adjust at that age, esp after always being an only dog.

I really hope that a forever home will be found soon for this wee one...

Alison_Leighfield
7th September 2006, 08:14 AM
Claire,

It doesn't always work out...don't worry :flwr:

These little ones are very different from other rescues I think...they come with alot of background upset...it took me months with my first little girl Annie-Belle then no sooner was she turning the corner and her health (SM) took her away....the same really with Honey-Bee...

You hang on to your lovely, beautiful Rudee, cuddle her so tight...it would have been a huge change for her to take on board....I hope she is OK.

You opened your heart and door and even though it didn't work out the offer was the most important thing here...you cared enough to try.

Chin up! ;)

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Claire L
7th September 2006, 10:49 AM
I'd Like to introduce you to Cara, a very beautiful Tri who is overflowing with love.
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/poochpal_2006/IMG_0022.jpg
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/poochpal_2006/IMG_0024.jpg
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/poochpal_2006/IMG_0025.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/poochpal_2006/IMG_0033.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/poochpal_2006/IMG_0028.jpg

Claire L
7th September 2006, 11:14 AM
As you can see from the photos, this little lady is an absolute dream.
If Rudee were younger maybe it wouldn't be so hard for her to accept a new pal. She just seems overwhelmed by Cara and I'm torn because Rudee feels that I've abandoned her and Cara needs SO much love right now that I just can't refuse her. I have to put Rudee first because I couldn't live with myself if she thought that I was pushing her aside. I know it's stupid but I can't help how I feel .

Cara is Extremely affectionate and it's my guess that she did live with a family at some stage. She absolutely LOVES people and likes nothing more than to be up close and personal.
She has had some training because she understands the sit command and the No command. She was on High -Alert all day yesterday as was Rudee. I set down newspapers in the kitchen last night before I went to bed. I didn't think that she would settle down on her own but amazingly, she slept right through the night and when I came down this morning she was fine. Sha a dry night as well .

She is missing her top front teeth and will need some dental work - scale and polish definitely. She had a bath yesterday and loved it. All she really needs is lots of TLC .

Karlin
7th September 2006, 06:41 PM
Being homechecked. :)

Maxxs_Mummy
8th September 2006, 12:20 PM
Oh Thank goodness for that. I had a very sleepless night last night and this little angel kept popping into my mind, bless her.

Karlin
8th September 2006, 07:10 PM
Still needs a foster very urgently and still available for homing.

Karlin
8th September 2006, 08:10 PM
Getting sorted. :jmp: :jmp:

Maxxs_Mummy
9th September 2006, 12:42 AM
Thanks Karlin for getting this little one sorted out so quickly :flwr:

Claire, don't beat yourself up - it doesn't always work out. No ones fault, it just happens. That pic of her and Rudee in the car park made me smile. Rudee is purposely looking away from her as if she's hoping she'll disappear LOL

Poor little Cara, she obviously just wanted Rudee to love her and Rudee didn't understand why her mamma needed to bring another baby into the house :?

Ste
9th September 2006, 01:40 PM
I can't believe i missed these pictures, she's adorable :lotsaluv:

Karlin
10th September 2006, 02:40 PM
Needs a foster urgently and available for homing yet again. :( :(

sallymum
10th September 2006, 10:46 PM
if u need a fosterer im available

Karlin
12th September 2006, 07:02 PM
She is going to a wonderful older couple on Thursday.

:jump:

I think they will bring her along to some of the cavalier walks too so her fans can stay in touch with her!

deborah
12th September 2006, 08:40 PM
Karlin, that’s wonderful news, I wish Tara & her new owners all the happiness in the world. That’s great news. She hasn’t left my mind for a second, I keep waking night thinking about her.

Alison_Leighfield
12th September 2006, 10:45 PM
Fantastic news. :thmbsup:

May she be loved and adored for many, many years. :lotsaluv:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Nicki
12th September 2006, 11:21 PM
Oh that's fabulous news, so pleased that she will be going to her new home.

Wishing her a long, happy and healthy life and many cuddles.

It will be great to hear how she's getting on, I think she's touched quite a few hearts.

merlinsmum
12th September 2006, 11:24 PM
Oh that's fabulous news, so pleased that she will be going to her new home.

Wishing her a long, happy and healthy life and many cuddles.

It will be great to hear how she's getting on, I think she's touched quite a few hearts.

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto

Claire L
13th September 2006, 11:30 AM
For 4 days I've been crying over this dog. On Sunday I felt as though I'd lost a family member . Even though Cara was only with us for 5 days she touched our very souls and I'm so glad I got to show her that not everyone will do her harm. Today I am much happier knowing that Cara is going to her forever home and I hope we will get to see her on the next Cavalier walk.
Thank you Br*d for looking after her so well :flwr: . Thank you Phoebe for showing true Cavalier hospitality (not like someone I could mention) and thanks Karlin for being so understanding .

Maxxs_Mummy
14th September 2006, 09:29 PM
Oh Claire, I can guess how you felt. I think we all know how much you wanted to keep Cara. Thing is, Rudee has had you for her Mamma and hers alone all this time and they do say you can't teach an old dog new tricks.....

Rudee is still gorgeous anyway ;) :flwr:

brid kenny
14th September 2006, 10:10 PM
Well Karlin has just collected Cara to take her to her forever home. her new owners are very excited about getting her. She was the most adorable dog. my friends kept saying "I mean I love Phobe and everything but I'd like to take Cara home".

Was a bit weepy at her departure . She had a very calming effect on Phoebe.....at least someone did!!

Maxxs_Mummy
15th September 2006, 09:05 AM
Good tears though, Brid? at least you know she's going to someone who will love her and look after her at her new forever home :flwr:

Maybe it's time you got Phoebe a little friend....? ;) :lol:

misty
15th September 2006, 11:55 AM
Good tears though, Brid? at least you know she's going to someone who will love her and look after her at her new forever home :flwr:

Donna, you're as bad as me .... I'm always wanted people to get another one, because I'm forbidden from getting another permanent adoptee ;)

Doesn't mean we can't foster tho' ;)

Maxxs_Mummy
17th September 2006, 01:39 AM

Donna, you're as bad as me .... I'm always wanted people to get another one, because I'm forbidden from getting another permanent adoptee ;)

Doesn't mean we can't foster tho' ;)

Fran, we are as bad as each other - did you see the looks our hubbies exchanged when we were loving all the babies?

Well, you know what my house is like - perfect for fostering really..... :lol:

I think I've got enough dog beds as well - I mean 5 between two of them is a slight overkill but I do like them to have comfort :lol: icon_whistling