• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Any advice appreciated

merlinsmum

Probably not the right section to place this........

My mum has a golden retreiver who has been diagnosed with lymphoma sarcoma. (merlins Uncle Dollar)
232839307_6f8cbcca36.jpg

He has been having chemo for 3 weeks - friday was the "bad" injection - since then he hasn't eaten until this morninng when he eat some scrambled egg. He brought it back 1/2 an hour later. She's tried to tempt him with all the things that would normally "not touch the sides" like pieces of chicken, carrot, ready brek, sausage even cheese on toast!

has anyone any ideas I can pass to my mum?

Soirry to hear about her Golden. The important thing is to get them to eat anything -- so try anything this dog loves -- ice cream, peanut butter, little amounts the dog can lick. Pureed lover in small amounts. I'd think little amounts spread out would work best and have the best chance of stayong down.

Also look in the Caring for your Cavalier section for the recipe for 'satin balls' -- these are used by breeders to put weight on to underweight dogs or depleted dogs -- whelping bitches or ill dogs for example. They are very high in calories and dogs tend to love them. The recipe is very well known and regularly crossposted to breeder discussion lists.

So sorry to hear of Dollar's plight. Like Karlin said little bits of anything. Try to keep fluids in. Popsicles, chicken broth. Light stuff would probably be most appealing. Also check with the vet for an anti emetic to decrease the nausea and vomiting. There are meds for this.

I meant 'pureed LIVER' not that dish reserved for moments of revenge, 'pureed LOVER'... :sl*p: I really need to type slower and proofread better... :shock: :lol:

Back