• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

THE NIGHT EATER!!!!!!!!!-( another bad habit yes/no?)

Jen114

Ohhh Know guys i think i have started anothe bad habit please help!!!!!!

1) Kayla has been eating her recommended portion of food every single day for the past week and i am really relieved BIG TIME :jump:

Now i need to tell you the reality about it........

i was being very good and lifting the food every time after 15 mins....

Well one night last week i forgot the food down and when i woke up in the morning all the food had vanished.....
icon_whistling
BELIEVE it of NOT but it is the truth i was very tired the next day and did the same thing..... and forgot the food down...,.

AND IT WAS ALLLLLLLL GONE

To my surprise and delight this is how she has been eating every day this week

OK OK I KNOW IT IS BAD You dont' need to tell me.....

SO I GOT HER EATING THAT WAS THE FIRST TASK NOW HOW AM I GOING TO MAKE IT AT A DECENT TIME......

DOES SHE THINK WE ARE NOT NOTICING SHE HAS EATEN?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I think we've just solved the problem of her night time wees and poops!

If she's eating at night then it stands to reason that she will want to go out and empty her bladder and bowels after a feed - it's what we train them to do as pups!

If I were you, I'd make her stick to regular meal times and again, lift the bowl after 15 minutes.

Once she gets used to the idea that her food will disappear if she doesn't eat it then she'll soon start eating properly again.

If it's any help, my two have the following routine.....

5am Half a Burns Kelpie when Dad gets up.

8-9am brekkie, they get theirs once I am up and sorted

5.30pm dinner

10.30pm Half a Burns Kelpie before bed

Water is left down for them to drink freely as and when they want.

The only foods they get outside of these times are bits of fruit and raw veg or the very occasional bit of meat, chicken or fish.

Unless they are poorly or hear something in the garden and need to investigate intruders (usually hedgehogs or foxes) we all get an undisturbed night :)

Back