• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

WEE WEE & POO POO at night

Jen114

I have another problem.....

I THINK OUR DOG IS A NIGHT PERSON

every night recently (well it has been happening for a while now)

Kayla wakes up in the middle of the night and jumps on My husband to wake him up to go to the toilet.....

She goes aprox 2-3 times during the day but then every night she wakes up and wants to go... LAST NIGHT TWICE?????

Is this normal?????

Last night my Charlie woke at 1.30 and then again at 6.00 barking in his crate to be let out to go, he's 11 weeks tommorow, not sure how old yours is but from what i've read/learned this is normal for puppies. I'm sure that someone with a lot more experience can tell you if i'm wrong?
hope this helps?? :flwr:

You need to ignore her and not respond to any of this. She is busy training you to get up in the middle of the night! Once she realises there's no reward for waking you up, she'll stop -- but it may take a while. If it becomes a problem I'd consider crating her at night or having her sleep in a separate room.

Karlin is right on the money. Just ignore her. As long as she doesn't have diarrhea or a UTI, she shouldn't have to go out. And in the meantime, start feeding her and giving her treats in her crate to get her used to it if she isn't already.

We had one (Anna) that also decided to do that in the middle of the night at about 2 years old. We just started crating her and limitted any late evening water and treats. After 2 weeks of that we brought her back in the bedroom and the problem was solved. WARNING! Kayla probably will not be happy with this arrangement at first, but don't give in even if it means losing sleep a night or two.

Bruce is right. Maxx started doing this after he'd had colitis. I didn't mind being up with him whilst he was poorly, in fact I slept on the sofa for almost a week as I was worried about him. But, when he was better, he decided that he rather liked the garden at 2am in the morning :roll: :yikes

I spent 2 very sleepless nights listening to him performing to be let out and in the end he got the message and came to bed nicely :lol:

As long as you know her health is OK then just try and ignore her. She'll hate you for it in the short term but you need your sleep too :lol: We all know how good these little monkeys are at getting their own way & not liking it when they can't :lol:

Thank you very much for your advice...

If you could please read the other post about the eating habit.... then i understand why!!!!

thank you...

At the moment she sleeps in her basket in our room (and sometimes on my head he he he icon_whistling ) We gave our crate away for baby Molly my sister in-laws dog.

hmmm this is going to be difficult as my husband is a pushoover!!!!

Jen I have read it and posted on there too - you really do need to be stricter with her or she will get worse :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I mean, I'm very strict with my two icon_whistling :lol:

Yeh, strict. I'm very strict icon_whistling That's why we now have 2 on a bit of a diet! I really do have to figure out how to ignore those big, beatiful eyes. If you Google the word "pushover", I'm quite sure my name will come up :lol:

Bruce, you sound like me!!! I'm taking my 11mo old to the vet this week just to get weighed. I'm so afraid that those big sappy beautiful brown eyes have lured mommy into giving her one too many treats. It's just so hard to resist these little guys!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now I have 2 sets of them looking at me. :sl*p: Does anyone know of a "quit buying your baby every bone, treat and goodie you can find" support group!!! I think I need to join!!!! icon_whistling

Back