• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hi from Belfast...

Lisa_T

I've been lurking for a while. I own one three year old B&T Cav girl, and am expecting to pick up No 2 (a ruby) in 6 weeks or so. I've owned Cockers in the past, so Cavs were an eye-opener at first, but now I'm a convert. I'll never have another breed. Then again, apart from her vaccs and being spayed, Holly has only needed vet attention once- for a tummy bug- so I've been lucky there so far. I just hope it continues; I'm very aware that she's now past three and the risks of heart murmurs etc are rising.

Which reminds me- anyone know of any vets with Cavalier experience (hearts, SM etc) in the Belfast/Down/Antrim area that are easy to get to? My last vet visit wasn't too pleasant. Maybe it was a new vet, or an inexperienced one, but her manner was off and she gave me a dirty look when I asked her to check Holly over in addition to giving boosters and microchipping. As a result, that visit hasn't reassured me, even though logically I know that Holly's her usual bouncy happy self...

I've also ordered the Gentle Leader harness after reading about not using leads with Cavs. I was starting to think of it anyway- if Holly pulls too much on the lead (not usually too much of an issue since I've become quite handy with loosening and tightening the retractable as required) she hacks a bit. It's only happened a couple of times. Anyone else see this?

..and I'm glad to be here. Amused by the apparent preponderance of Irish members, though! Once I work out how to post photos I will... :badgrin:

I cant be of any help with the Vet, being in the US however I did want to take a minute to welcome you to the board..... :D

Thank you! And that atavar is just so incredibly cute. I've got a few cutes ones myself- once i hit 12 super-cute photos, I'm gonna print them on photographic paper and make them up as calendars. I'm currently on six photos now!

I've uploaded some photos to flickr- no matter what I do, I can't get any of them set as atavars, or inserted as images within a post. I'm sure at least one of the photos is small enough for an atavar, but I may be wrong...

Here's the link, anyway!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37298423@N00/?saved=1

I love the bathtime in a bucket photo- she looks surprisingly content there.

Oh and welcome to the board icon_welcome
There is certainly an influx of the Irish on the board :lol:

:jump: icon_welcome Hi welcome cannot help with the vet as live in England have a good time on the site :jmp: :lotsaluv: Aileen

*g* Thanks for the welcomes, and I'm glad people like the photos! The bucket photo came about 'cos she'd gotten messy and we were at my mum's.
Holly was about 9 months at the time, maybe a little older. Anyway, we filled the bucket with lovely warm water, Mum added Marks and Spencer's Florentyna, I think, and we put Holly in. At first she flapped and then she twigged how warm the water was and just relaxed. She sat quite happily in there for a good ten minutes and we had to physically extract her in the end! :D :D

She is soooooo scrummy..... don't you just love b/t's they're just so chocolately that you could eat them up! ( I am colour biased of course!!! :lol: ;) )

I told a friend today about the chocolate and tan cavs I discovered on this site, and she said, "Cool! Chocolate orange cavs..." Someone should tell Terry's. Imagine that for an ad campaign for Terry's Chocolate Orange. :lol: :lol:

Now excuse me while I shudder. I loathe the very thought of the stuff...

How did you get your dog to sit with the sunglasses, or is that a bit of photoshop wizardry?

Hi
Welcome to the list, our Beyonce *Blen girl* was the worst one of ours to pull on a regular lead. She does great with the harness. :)
She doesn't pull and I have better control when needed.

Hugs,
Deana and The Gang
Tia *Tri*~ Bentley *Blen*~ Beyonce *Blen*

Back