View Full Version : Phoenix Park Cavalier Walk
5th September 2006, 08:41 PM
This Sunday, 10th September, 11:30 am
I'll post the link to the map and directions when I get the chance.
All welcome! Friends too!
5th September 2006, 09:27 PM
Just wondering if these walks continue during the autumn and winter, weather permitting? Rio is probably a bit young for this one but I'm dying to socialise her around other cavaliers as soon as possible! :)
6th September 2006, 11:23 AM
oh. you guys are so lucky you have things like cavalier walks over there... theres nothing like that over here i dont think :(
6th September 2006, 11:25 AM
I take the dogs out rain or shine generally so we'll have them continue.
6th September 2006, 01:18 PM
I hope to make it for the walk with Ruby on Sunday, it all depends if the vet says it ok to exercise him. He is due back there on Thursday to check progress after his little car accident. Thankfully nothing was broken or fractured. He is still on pain killers and anti-inflams and told to rest up. If the vet gives the ok, we will be there. He is in good form though and would like nothing more than getting out of the house!!
8th September 2006, 11:18 AM
Poor Ruby! He can always be carried of course. :)
Just a reminder that this walk is on for 11:30 on Sunday. 8)
8th September 2006, 11:20 AM
Here's a map and location info.
Last time people also waited in their cars in the parking area which you can see from the grassy area so one way or another we'll merge into a group. :)
Now here is a map of where to go:
click here for map (http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=53.353343,-6.314907&spn=0.018161,0.038066&t=h&om=1)
I notice that you will need to move the slider at the left to enlarge the image a bit to get all the right street names to show up.
1) come in the Parkgate Street entrance (bottom right corner) and head up Chesterfield Ave
2) at the roundabout, go left on Wellington Road
3) at the crossroads, turn right on to Kyber Rd. The only sign there will indicate it is not a through road
4) park in the parking area there. If it is full I am sure you can just park on the right hand side of the grass verge there
5) walk thru the posts that block cars from continuing along the pathway (it is still Kyber Road but the road is blocked to autos). About 50 yards along there's an open grassy area and that is where we will be.
10th September 2006, 12:16 AM
Looks like it will be cloudy but not rainy.... that will be a first for the walks to have no rain!!! :lol:
10th September 2006, 12:18 AM
Don't talk too soon, no doubt the rain *will* come :D
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.1 Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.