PDA

View Full Version : Sleeptalking sleepwalking

cecily
5th September 2006, 09:21 PM
I think Rio was having some night terrors this evening during her nap! She was making noises like a squeaky toy and I thought she was going into convulsions but hubby says she was definately just dreaming. :yikes :yikes

It led me to wonder... Rio moves a LOT when she's dreaming. She often 'suckles' in her sleep (must be missing mom) and her legs etc are always twitching.

Now this might be a really stupid question, but is it possible for dogs to sleepwalk? :? They seem to do everything else we do when we're asleep so logically it might be possible...

matties mum
5th September 2006, 09:53 PM
:) I doonot know I have not see Barney sleep walk but it would not surpise me the time he sleep he barks and whines and moves his legs and wags his tail ;) Aileen

brid kenny
5th September 2006, 10:30 PM
Phoebe dreams regularly and one time she actually wagged her tail in her sleep!!

Lisa_T
5th September 2006, 11:08 PM
Holly frightened me at first because occassionally she snores extremely loudly and makes funny noises and looks like she's running in her sleep! I'm sure she's given the odd wuff a couple of times too. More likely it's just that long snorty Cavalier sigh...

RileysMom
5th September 2006, 11:59 PM
Riley "suckled" when she was little and Fletcher is doing it now. It's so cute. I ask him if the milk is good!

All of our dogs also have little dream tremors and make little squeeks and woofs when they are deep asleep. I like to think they are dreaming about chasing each other in the back yard! :flwr:

Molly's mom
6th September 2006, 12:11 AM
When we brought Molly home, my husband kept insisting that she was having seizures during sleep, she twitched so much and her eyes would flutter. I would tell him it was normal but it wasn't until I was able to confirm it with our vet did he believe me. :roll:

Nisha
6th September 2006, 08:47 AM
yea, my dogs, on the first day i brought them home they fell asleep on the drive home and milo suddnely started twitvhing in his sleep and breathing quite heavily.. i was literally (well not literally) having a heat attack when i saw it. but i realise its all normal now.. they dream quite frequently once one of them even did a small bark in their sleep (which woke them both up ofcourse :roll: )
i am not quite sure about the sleepwalking thing...i dont think mine have ever done it but i wouldnt out it past them!

joanna
6th September 2006, 10:43 AM
I was trying to watch the True Lives documentary about New York Dog magazine last night and Holly was barking in her sleep - very very funny :lol:
Our dogs dream all the time and Twinkle suckled in her sleep for ages after we brought her home.

Joanna

hellsbells
6th September 2006, 01:31 PM
Yes Ruby is always dreaming. He still suckles in his sleep, and whimpers and his legs move!! its really funny to watch. very cute :D