• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Sleeptalking sleepwalking

cecily

I think Rio was having some night terrors this evening during her nap! She was making noises like a squeaky toy and I thought she was going into convulsions but hubby says she was definately just dreaming. :yikes :yikes

It led me to wonder... Rio moves a LOT when she's dreaming. She often 'suckles' in her sleep (must be missing mom) and her legs etc are always twitching.

Now this might be a really stupid question, but is it possible for dogs to sleepwalk? :? They seem to do everything else we do when we're asleep so logically it might be possible...

:) I doonot know I have not see Barney sleep walk but it would not surpise me the time he sleep he barks and whines and moves his legs and wags his tail ;) Aileen

Holly frightened me at first because occassionally she snores extremely loudly and makes funny noises and looks like she's running in her sleep! I'm sure she's given the odd wuff a couple of times too. More likely it's just that long snorty Cavalier sigh...

Riley "suckled" when she was little and Fletcher is doing it now. It's so cute. I ask him if the milk is good!

All of our dogs also have little dream tremors and make little squeeks and woofs when they are deep asleep. I like to think they are dreaming about chasing each other in the back yard! :flwr:

When we brought Molly home, my husband kept insisting that she was having seizures during sleep, she twitched so much and her eyes would flutter. I would tell him it was normal but it wasn't until I was able to confirm it with our vet did he believe me. :roll:

yea, my dogs, on the first day i brought them home they fell asleep on the drive home and milo suddnely started twitvhing in his sleep and breathing quite heavily.. i was literally (well not literally) having a heat attack when i saw it. but i realise its all normal now.. they dream quite frequently once one of them even did a small bark in their sleep (which woke them both up ofcourse :roll: )
i am not quite sure about the sleepwalking thing...i dont think mine have ever done it but i wouldnt out it past them!

I was trying to watch the True Lives documentary about New York Dog magazine last night and Holly was barking in her sleep - very very funny :lol:
Our dogs dream all the time and Twinkle suckled in her sleep for ages after we brought her home.

Joanna

Yes Ruby is always dreaming. He still suckles in his sleep, and whimpers and his legs move!! its really funny to watch. very cute :D

Back