• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

WHAT TO DO IF YOUR DOG IS CHOKING?????

Jen114

i AM ALWAYS SCARED OF THIS WHEN SHE IS EATING HER BONES SHE SOMETIMES PULLS SMALL PIECES OFF AND EATS THEM I SOMETIMES WORRY SHE IS GOING TO CHOKE AFTER HEAR THE POST BELOW I WAS WONDERING WHAT CAN YOU DO???

- STICK FINGERS DOWN THROAT?
- TURN UPSIDE DOWN LOL

what do you do???? i would be stuck

Whenever one of mine has been choking, I usually grab them from behind. Put my arms round them so that I'm cradling their chest and then stick my fingers down their throat to pull out whatever was in there.

It's a nightmare when they do it but not half as scary as when my then 4mth old son screamed so loudly that his 'Nuk' orthodontic soother went right down into his throat and he was choking on it :yikes

He's still alive and still as noisy as he was then btw, except he's now well over 6ft and 20 years old!!!!

they are these white bones that you buy from the pet shop.. they come in packets don't think they have a name

If she's choking on them, I would stop giving them to her. Not worth the stress. I hardly ever give Holly rawhide anything because I'm so scared of that. Not that it's an issue- she likes even Bonios broken down into little pieces! :D

Does she want them as a toy- just for something to chew- or as treats? If the former I'd try a rope based toy. Good for their teeth, fun to play with, easily washed, and a good quality one seems hard to destroy. I just threw out Holly's puppy rope, and it was looking worn but certainly not totally decrepit..

I highly recommend that you buy AND read a good pet first aid book and keep it in a handy place. I have this one from the Red Cross: https://www.redcrossstore.org/Shopp...4&Page=1&StartAtPage=1&SId=11214&LocationId=0

Pet First Aid Book
$12.95
Part #RC657102
Pet First Aid, from the American Red Cross, is an illustrated first aid reference for dog and cat lovers. This 111-page book provides quick access to detailed instructions for 50 injuries and illnesses, plus practical pet health tips. Pet First Aid includes:

* Symptoms and care for common ailments and emergencies
* Instructions for creating a pet first aid kit
* Tips on maintaining your pets health and well-being

Back