• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

New Cavalier Owner from Michigan

BobPete

Enjoy reading the posts. Am a new owner of a Ruby Cavalier King Charles (will be 3 in Oct.). His name is Arnie and is a "love sponge".

Arnie was a gift from Heaven. The previous owner could not give him the attention that he craved, as her husband took a bad fall and was bedridden for a year. She is blind and has a service dog along with Andy, who is Arnie's brother. This was too much for her to handle, so Arnie came to live with us at a perfect time. He is very much overweight as his food was left down 24/7. He is 28 pounds and we have put him on a very strick diet and exercise program. We have a 15-1/2 yr old Shih-tzu, who is in very ill health and who will be leaving us soon. We had voiced our interest in the Cavalier quite a while back, but the cost prohibited us to go any further. The opportunity presented itself to take Arnie, not for money, but for a good home, which he certainly has gotten.

Arnie has become a very important part of our family and has fit in from Day One. We can see why so many people can't say enough about the Cavaliers.

We hope to hear from others soon who enjoy their "love sponge" as much as we do ours!!!

Welc.ome! I am also new and have found everyone on the boards to be extremely nice and helpful as I am sure you will too. Would love to see some pictures of your "love sponge" :p

:mexwav:

still learning the ins and outs of this site. have pics but still have not figured out how to post them. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Nice to hearing this happy story - Arnie has gotten new perfect home, I see. Welcome here!

icon_welcome :mexwav: Welcome to the site and welcome to Arnie so sorry about your other dog many he enjoy his time with you :lotsaluv: Aileen

Hi there! I'm a newbie on here too! I like that term "love sponge", LOL! It's a perfect description of our Cavaliers!

To post pictures, I think I saw something somewhere in the site about it....
but, I can try and explain it (I hope I don't confuse you!). I have my photos on Photobucket, and I just copy the URL from the Photobucket site, then come back here.....and click on where it says "Img" up above the reply box, then paste the URL of your photo after the "Img", and then click on "Img" again....and your photo should be there (altho the photo won't show up till you hit preview or submit button). Gosh, I'm afraid that wasn't a very good description of how to post a photo.......Anyone else out there able to explain it better?!

Aha! I found it.... check out the "Getting Started" forum, and you will find a topic there about posting photos!! :)

Welcome! Sounds like Arnie has found his perfect home. Good for him and good for you!

100_0311.jpg
:oops: here's a pic of Arnie....don't know why it came over sooo big. Sure he has a little weight to lose, but this is ridiculous!! Bear with me...I'm still learning.

Arnie is absolutely precious!!! That's for sharing his picture. :snap: I love his coloring!!! It give me an idea of what little Lucky might look like when he grows up. :)

I've just had Lucky for a week and I'm new to the board too and it's been so great having this as a resource to ask questions and also just read posts and learn from everyone else's experiences. I'm sure that you'll find that to.

Congratuations on you little "love sponge"!! icon_welcome

Back