PDA

View Full Version : Update: Urgent AGAIN, Dublin area, needed for a few days

Karlin
8th September 2006, 05:09 PM
I need a quiet place for Cara, the ex-breeding girl that was nearly pts.

Ideally this needs to be in or very near Dublin so that I can arrange for a spay and teeth cleaning.

This is quite urgent as she needs to be moved from where she is as she, as a second dog, is causing stress to an oldie cavalier. She is very freidnly to other dogs however herself. :) And very loving.

She is also still waiting for a home; if interested, please PM me.

arasara
8th September 2006, 06:35 PM
aww Karlin I wish I lived in Ireland. I would take her in a heart beat. Poor little soul. . . :(

brid kenny
8th September 2006, 06:44 PM
I can take her Karlin for a few days but will be going away next weekend

Karlin
8th September 2006, 06:49 PM
Thanks all. I have a wonderful home for her from Sunday. :jmp: :jmp: :jmp:

Brid, I may be in touch for a brief foster on the weekend if needed. I am just working out final details.

Karlin
8th September 2006, 07:19 PM
She's fine for tonight; might need a place for one night. I'll let you know tomorrow if that's OK. :)

brid kenny
8th September 2006, 07:25 PM
Perfect

Maxxs_Mummy
8th September 2006, 11:32 PM
Thanks Brid, if I were in Ireland I'd have her here with our mad lot.

So glad she's getting a new home, Karlin :flwr:

Claire L
9th September 2006, 10:41 AM
Cara is Ok to stay tonight :jmp: ( Rudee's gone on hols :drivecar: ) I'm so sorry for causing such cafuffle for everyone. I thought it would all be OK but I have one stubborn pooch :swear: (I'm not very proud of her at the moment!) who doesn't want to share.
Anyway, the good news is that Cara went to see the vet yesterday and apart from needing a spay and some teeth cleaning, she's absolutely fine. :jump: She had her ears cleaned and her anal glands squeezed :yuk: . The vet said her heart is fine so things can only get better for this little girl from now on. Once Rudee left the house Cara seemed to settle down and relax. She enjoyed going on a lead walk and loved going to the beach.

I've fallen in love with this little minx and I will miss her :( but she's going to a great new home and she will thrive .

Karlin
9th September 2006, 11:59 AM
Thanks for all you've done for her! :flwr: It can be really hard for oldies that have been the main dog for so many years to adjust to a new arrival and the most important consideration has to be Rudee. I know how much you'd have liked to have Cara fit in. :)

Karlin
10th September 2006, 01:26 PM
I cannot believe this but this great home has fallen through because the woman's adult daughters have put pressure on her that she wouldn't be able to trust this sweet dog around young visiting grandchildren.

:swear: :swear:

I understand the concern but I wish people would not make commitments without thinking thru these issues in the first place, especially with a dog in an urgent situation.

I have Cara at the moment and am desperate for a foster place while I try to sort a home for her. I simply cannot believe this is happening to this lovely dog.

Brid I have PM'd you. But any offers of foster or interest in homing her, please me. I am leaving the country for two weeks on Friday and badly need to have her sorted out to either a foster place or a new home. Even a few days short term foster right now would help me organise this.

Unfortunately my waiting list is homes with very small children and I feel young children around her at all times right now would be a little unnerving for HER but stress she is one of the most gentle and placid dogs I have encountered.

Karlin
10th September 2006, 02:09 PM
Thank you Brid for offering foster this week. This gives me the space to make a more stable arrangement for her. *ng*l Possible home to be homechecked as well.

I have never had such a sequence of events happen with a dog, especially such a lovely one that people would normally be fighting over!

I am taking it as a sign that her perfect home is waiting.

arasara
10th September 2006, 03:39 PM
way to keep positive on the situation, Karlin. :) The perfect home will come up eventually, just keep your faith in her and your outlook positive!! Take care! :)

Nicki
10th September 2006, 03:45 PM
Oh I'm so sorry Karlin, what a nightmare situation, esp just before your trip :(

Karlin
10th September 2006, 03:52 PM
Things are looking up for her. She is safely over with Brid with her lovely Phoebe as a dog companion for the next few days, which will be pleasant for her; and I am doing a homecheck with an older couple on Tuesday morning. They've been waiting since February but had got misfiled on my other computer... so let's hope this is the place that has been waiting just for her. :)

arasara
10th September 2006, 03:54 PM
yay@!!
:mexwav: :mexwav:

I am so glad things are working out for you guys!! Positive thoughts going your way and for this new home check to work out!! :thmbsup:

Karlin
10th September 2006, 04:05 PM
:xfngr:

It sounds very promising. :)

If for some reason it isn;t going to work then she will go to long term foster for a few weeks until I can get her ready.

Claire did much initial work with her so that she is very calm and happy and on her way to being a very loved companion for someone. :flwr:

brid kenny
10th September 2006, 04:24 PM
Please God please God it'll work out. All well with her here in Lucan . She has eaten and chased a rabbit(always a good sign!!) and she's finally asleep under the table here in the kitchen. Phoebe is fine here with her too.

Nicki
10th September 2006, 09:35 PM
So glad that Cara has settled with you Brid, it's always a good sign if they eat!!

Really pleased also that a possible forever home is being checked for her, she would be perfect for an older couple esp if they are home a lot and can give her lots of attention.

Keeping paws crossed here for this precious darling.

Alison_Leighfield
10th September 2006, 09:41 PM
Keeping everything crossed here for her,

may she have a home very soon. :flwr:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Maxxs_Mummy
10th September 2006, 09:54 PM
Brid, thanks so much for taking this little one in & loving her :flwr: as Nicki said, always a good sign if they eat :lol:

Glad Phoebe is OK with her, she sounds like my Maxx, he'll welcome any others into his home without batting an eyelid. he usually drags out some toys for them too :lol: :lol: :lol:

As I said before, if I were in Ireland, I'd have taken her on a long term foster, no probs. I just hope the new home works out for her. SAounds like the other home wouldn't have been suitable for her anyway if the stupid woman was so dithery :x Honestly, I don't think I have ever known a Cavalier to snap at a child - I think I'd trust them more than the kids :roll:

:oops: I seem to be showing how un-maternal I am towards children :badgrin:

Karlin
10th September 2006, 10:07 PM
The woman was very nice and responsible too; but was put under a lot of pressure by her daughters. As she is the grandmother, that put her in an awkward place. I just wish she'd let me know of these concerns on Saturday or Friday after we spoke. Biut I think she was very reluctant to be swayed but in the end felt she had to give in. I was frustrated with the situation, not the people involved; and also frustrated because this is such a lovely dog and not one I wish to keep moving around.

Maxxs_Mummy
10th September 2006, 10:20 PM
I apologise then but the daughters are stupid for thinking that Cara would bite their kids :x Let me at them, I'll bite them :badgrin:

Anyone would think she was a pitbull, not a darling little Cavalier :(

Karlin
10th September 2006, 11:22 PM
I apologise then but the daughters are stupid for thinking that Cara would bite their kids

It was just frustrating, for this reason. She is such a gentle dog that my concern would of course have been the opposite -- that she would be overwhelmed by lots of children, hence the need for a quieter home with visiting children fine but not lots of noise and activity every day. And we did actually discuss managing children around dogs and this hadn't been an issue. But it can be very hard to stand up to family pressure not to do something. I respect the concerns, it's just that the timing and situation for this particular dog were made far more difficult. The goal is to make the right match on both sides but it helps if there's more than 6 hours' notice that a mind has been changed, when the poor dog needs somewhere to go.

It is hard to find fosters on such short notice and on a weekend. I have now had a couple of offers for longer term foster as well so thanks to all of you who have been in touch on both sides of the Irish Sea and to Claire and Brid for looking after her. :)

Maxxs_Mummy
10th September 2006, 11:28 PM
Well, I know I'm on the other side of the sea to you but if ever I can help out with a foster in any way then let me know. I think Ryanair fly to Birmingham....

I wish I was nearer and I would have taken Cara in with my boys, I don't think that 3 are any more work than 2 but I just can't afford the long term financial commitments of having 3 permanently :(

Karlin
12th September 2006, 02:40 PM
Thanks all for all the generous offers.

I have just homechecked a wonderful home for Cara. I am convinced that this was the home that was waiting for her (when staying with Claire didn't work :)). She will have someone at home with her all the time, and in addition, she can accompany Carmel to work in the mornings if she likes, rather than stay home with dad! :lol:

She will go to her new home on Thursday. I am hoping this lovely couple will also bring her along to some of the Phoenix Park walks so her fans can continue to see Cara.

TV3 vet Pete Wedderburn is also going to look after her. :flwr:

Maxxs_Mummy
12th September 2006, 05:30 PM
Oh Karlin, I am so pleased for her. Big hugs for her from me and mine when you see her. :flwr:

Claire
13th September 2006, 03:28 PM
Wicked news - heres to Cara having a very loving new home..... :D

matties mum
13th September 2006, 05:22 PM
:mexwav: b*n*n* What good news Aileen :jump: