PDA

View Full Version : Please send your prayers....we need all we can get

nlg679
9th September 2006, 04:01 PM
Hello,
Sorry to post this here but we need your power of prayer to help my cousin's son pull through a very critical situation.
He is in intensive care and very ill. He is only 20 years old and has tried to end his life. Please help us with your prayers....he has got to pull through this.
Please, NO need to respond to this post, all I need are your prayers pouring in for him from around the world.
God Bless,
Nancy
NJ

Harry & Heidi's mom
9th September 2006, 04:30 PM
oh good god, hoping things turn out well, i can totally relate to this, when i was 15 i also tried to end my life, i really wanted to give up as life was s##t.

i recovered after spending 2 weeks in hospital, and i'm so glad i did as i would never have had my kids or my dog!

it always upsets me when i hear of these things as i know how low people feel when they do it, and its not a nice thing to go through for them nevermind their families!

:xfngr:
sending an *ng*l to watch over him

Charleen
9th September 2006, 04:45 PM
I pray that your cousin's son and your family get through this and that he get the help that he needs.

*Jenný*
9th September 2006, 06:18 PM
I send all my prayers and warm thoughts.

Maxxs_Mummy
9th September 2006, 06:34 PM
Thinking of you and yours Nancy & sending positive, healing thoughts. Poor kid feeling he has nothing to live for and his poor family too. Bet you're all besides yourselves.

:hug: sending you a cyber hug :hug: xxxxx

matties mum
9th September 2006, 06:53 PM
Sending prayers and healing to both the son and family

estelle
9th September 2006, 07:05 PM
Thinking & praying of all involved

Nicki
10th September 2006, 12:11 AM
Dear Nancy

I'm so sorry to hear of this dreadful situation. So heartbreaking when a youngster feels there is nothing to live for.

I really hope he will pull through, sending lots of positive, healing thoughts and prayers and for his family too.

I know that positive thoughts and prayers really do have an incredible power...

Sending our love and thoughts :flwr: :flwr:

Lani
10th September 2006, 12:19 AM
I know you said a reply is not necessary but I just wanted to let you know our thoughts and prayers are with you too ... I know many if not most of us have had to face a love one in peril at one point in our lives, but I cannot even begin to imagine what you and your family are going through. All the best to all of you during this trying time ... :flwr:

And for your cousin's son ... best wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery and the realization that he has a wonderful family who loves him very much

Karlin
10th September 2006, 12:33 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this. My sincere thoughts and wishes for his full recovery.

Mary
10th September 2006, 12:52 AM
Just to let you know ...thinking of you and your cousin and family and hope things are looking better soon. Prayers and positive thoughts coming your way.

Mary

Maxwell&me
10th September 2006, 05:12 AM
Thinking of you here, our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Alison_Leighfield
10th September 2006, 08:52 AM
Dear Nancy,

Our prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.

Alison & family,

Wilts, U.K.

Nisha
10th September 2006, 12:03 PM
Oh, i am so sorry to here this.. just letting you know all back home will be sending positive prayers over there. :flwr:

blue_star
10th September 2006, 09:33 PM
Thinking and praying for all over you, also sending all my love over to you all.

Cathy T
11th September 2006, 01:19 AM
Sending out my prayers

Maxxs_Mummy
12th September 2006, 12:15 PM
Is there any news on this young lad, Nancy? Hoping he's making a good recovery :flwr:

Linda
12th September 2006, 02:10 PM
Oh Dear Lord Nancy

May the power of God give mostly him the strength to pull through this and heal inside. Then may he pass on strength to the families having to
endure the pain of such a sad sad situation.

I will hold you all in my prayers and thoughts and please please keep us updated when you have a chance.

nlg679
13th September 2006, 01:26 AM
He had been in very poor shape. Needed surgeries, kidneys not functioning properly and he has coded 5 times...but he is still hanging on.I pray every night and send him healing energy. This is a roller coaster.
He is in an induced coma. He is strong but been thru such blows.
And today we found out my dad has lung cancer, advanced, not telling him yet. Life has thrown us such blows. I pray for my young cousin to survive and I pray for my dad not to suffer and my mom to be eased of these draining, draining days.

Please, please continue to pray for my cousin, he has gotta survive. His parents and family are working so hard to keep him with us.
Thank you, friends. It is a long hard road ahead of us.

Sally
13th September 2006, 02:10 AM
Oh, Nancy...what a horrible load you're all bearing right now. I'll keep good, positive and healing thoughts for your cousin, your father and the rest of the family. Know that we're here for you. :hug:

Roxanne
13th September 2006, 02:38 AM
Oh Nancy :( :( :( I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this kind of stuff . I am sending your cousin every ounce of positive energy I have and will keep him, his family, your dad , and you in my prayers .............stay strong my friend ((((((HUGS))))))

Cathy T
13th September 2006, 05:10 AM
Oh Nancy sweetie....I'm crying for you!! Please know that I am thinking about you and praying for your family.

Denise G.
13th September 2006, 05:21 AM
My prayers are with you Nancy. I just went through a cancer battle with my mother and Alzheimers with my dad--I know how you feel. Please know that there are lots of people on this board that are pulling for you.

Also praying for your cousin--he's young and strong. I just have a feeling he'll be alright...

All the best-

Lani
13th September 2006, 05:51 AM
I was raised by my grandmother who just had surgery for lung cancer last year. In fact, I've always called her "mom" since she's the only mom I've ever known. So, while I can't really relate to what you are going through with you cousin's son, I certainly can relate to what you are going through with your father ...

For my mom, there were all sorts of complications ... she's 84 years old, has diabetes, pretty advanced emphysema ... a heart that is not as strong as it could be. It was about 6 months after they discovered her cancer before they finally decided to operate, and then only at her insistance. They'd been hesitant, because they did not think she'd survive the surgery.

I know your dad's situation is "advanced" ... so I'm sure things seem grim, but I wanted to let you know my mom did survive that surgery last year. And despite a very (Very!) grim warning to my twin sister and me that she might not survive the surgery. Well, I want to let you know that she has not only survived it but also appears to be cancer free one year later. Back in July we took her on a cruise to Bermuda to celebrate her recovery (and we're taking her on another vacation .. her dream vacation .. to Hawaii ... next year).

I know this tough time is tiring on your dad, but I just wanted to let you know that lung cancer can be overcome. I think the trips really helped keep my mom motivated to fight. Maybe for your dad, helping your family through this crisis will do the same.

I am thinking about you and I hope that things start to turn around for you after all the stress your family has been under for the last few days.

Good luck and my prayers and thoughts remain with you and your family, *ng*l
Lani

matties mum
13th September 2006, 09:07 AM
Oh Nancy I am so sorry to hear about your Dad Aileen

pippa
13th September 2006, 09:48 AM
So sorry to hear your sad news, I have been through both situations as my dad died of lung cancer and a young lad who is a close relative took his own life.

My mum also suffered from severe depression and tried to end her own life but survived to see better days, I wish this also for this young lad.

My thoughts are with you.

:flwr:

judy
13th September 2006, 09:54 AM
nancy,
sorry to hear about this suffering.
i hope your cousin's strength wins out. It sounds like his doctors
know what they're doing. his spirit is certainly hanging on. with all the prayers and healing thoughts being sent his way and the strong pull of his family, i hope he will make it through.
I'm sorry about the sad and frightening news about your father. When my dad was given a cancer diagnosis, it was a depressing experience, to think about what might lie ahead and to want him not to suffer, and to imagine my life with him not here anymore.
Although very hard, this kind of experience can also be very spiritual.
It was nice to read Lani's story of hope. I hope your dad will have his own victories with the illness.

Claire
13th September 2006, 03:59 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time.... :d*g:

Kdemars
13th September 2006, 04:13 PM
It is not fair - any of it. :( I am so sorry and I know what your family must be going through at this time. That rollercoaster is unbearable. I will pray and pray that everything turns out well and that your family remains strong.

*Pauline*
13th September 2006, 07:54 PM
Dear Nancy,

God give you all strength to endure.

*Jenný*
13th September 2006, 08:31 PM
Dear, dear Nancy, and all of you.

I'm so sorry to hear about how much pain some people have to go though in live.

Nancy, I can not say that I know how you feel about whats going on, but I know how it feels when it's like very bad thing is happening on the same time. In onley one year time, my grandmother and grandfather, and my other grandfather died. That same year my grandpa (Yes, I know how lucky I am, to have known all these granparents) got canser and alzheimer.

Warm thought streaming from my, I send you my prayers. :hug:

*Pauline*
16th September 2006, 11:18 PM
Any news? :hug:

Cathy Moon
16th September 2006, 11:43 PM
Nancy,
I've been away and just read this thread. Sending all my positive thoughts and prayers. :luv:

Maxxs_Mummy
17th September 2006, 01:17 AM
Oh {{{{{{{{Nancy}}}}}}}} big hugs to you. I am so very sorry you are having such an awful time at the moment.

I hope it's OK with you but I am going to ask my friends n the spiritual website that I belong to, to all send out some Reiki and spiritual healing to your cousin and your Dad and strength to you and your Mom. Most are mediums and healers so the energies should really flow.

Thinking of you and continuing to send the positive thoughts to you all xxxxxxxxx

selina
17th September 2006, 12:48 PM
My thoughts are with you and yours. Tell him he will be heard if he just asks.

Heather
18th September 2006, 04:54 PM
Im very sorry to read about hear about this all my thoughts and prayers are with you all at this difficult time hopeing he makes a full recovery :(

Alison_Leighfield
18th September 2006, 05:07 PM
Dearest Nancy, :flwr:

You are all still in my prayers, and I think about you each night as the home draws quiet after the busy day...how are you yourself?

with much love,

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

angie
18th September 2006, 07:05 PM
will be saying a prayer for you at this very minute. hope all is well. "when you saw only one set of footprints, it was then that i carried you" xxx

arasara
18th September 2006, 07:25 PM
Nancy,

I must have come back to this thread about 1,000 times now waiting to hear news. I have been praying for you and your family. Keep your fur babies close to you through this terrible time as they are a wonderful source of comfort. This really hits close to home for me and I know how hard it is for you. If you ever want to talk about anything, you're more than welcome to PM me and I'll give you a call. Take care of yourself and you are in my thoughts every day!! :flwr:

nlg679
24th September 2006, 04:05 PM
Hello Friends,
Things are taking a turn for the worse with my cousin's son. Please continue to pray for him as he had fought sooo hard up to this point his poor body has taken an unbearable beating.
My dad is going through torture. Asked again last night about all the pain in his chest, alzheimers can be soo cruel. We are still trying to get just the right schedule to keep him comfortable. I want mom to call hospice tomorrow---they are the experts as far as providing comfort for him. Finally got him to eat more than a bit of toast yesterday. Made him a milkhake and made him drink it all. Then he ate a little dinner for the first time in sooo long.
I know God has his own plan but I pray he spares my cousin's son and takes my dad from all of his pain. In a word, this sucks.
Thank GOD for my doggies. Last night we all spent time snuggling on Dad's bed and Dad LOVES this sooo much...he smiled at me and said,
"So when do we get the third dog????'...keeps saying these are the best dogs in the world and I know he is right!
Thank you sooo much everyone!
Love,
Nancy
Teddy and Katy, too!

arasara
24th September 2006, 04:34 PM
Nancy,

SO sorry to hear about your cousin's son not doing well. Hopefully his youth will be on his side and he'll be able to pull through this. He's always in my thoughts and prayers, as are you and your family.

So now you must get another cavalier!! It's your father's orders!! hehe :)

I also must tell you that I think hospice is a wonderful program. When my grandpa passed away a few years ago he wanted to be at home and hospice was just wonderful at granting everything he wished. Also they were there to hug us and comfort us and explain what was happening. It really takes special people to be able to do that.

I am glad you're enjoying the moments you have with your father and your poochies together. It's great that you still take time out to cuddle with him, I am sure it means more to him than you know!

Take care of yourself Nancy and we are all here for you!! :flwr: :flwr:

Alison_Leighfield
24th September 2006, 04:59 PM
Nancy,

lovely to hear from you but so sorry to hear your news, keeping fingers crossed for your cousins son, and may your dad find comfort and be pain free.

Such a lot for you and your mum to deal with. Hug your babies..they will bring you much comfort.

In our thoughts and prayers x

Alison, Wilts, U.k.

Cathy T
24th September 2006, 05:01 PM
Nancy - I'm so sorry you are going through so much all at once. That's just so unfair. I'm glad your puppers are bringing you and your dad some comfort. Please know that we are all thinking about you.

*Jenný*
24th September 2006, 05:25 PM
I am sending hugs from Sweden. :hug:
I hope with all my heart that your cousins son will get through this.
And I am so sorry about your dad. Mu grandfather has alzheimer and cancer, so I know what you're going through on that side.
Just, want you to know that we are all sending our prayers and warm thougts. Remember, we'll be here for you... :hug:

Maxxs_Mummy
24th September 2006, 05:43 PM
Oh Nancy big hugs to you. I am so sorry that your cousin's son is having problems and hope he pulls through it all. I also hope that you can get your Dad at least, comfortable. At least he is getting some comfort from the pups.

Thinking of you all xxxxxx

emsley
24th September 2006, 05:43 PM
Nancy,
you are in all our thoughts here
we are all sending our most positive thoughts and gentlest hugs to you and yours
thinking of you every day :flwr:

matties mum
24th September 2006, 09:15 PM
Nancy you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers Aileen

merlinsmum
24th September 2006, 09:26 PM
Nancy,

Over the internet I send you a Merlin baby hug - Merlin baby hugs are well known here in Lancashire, England for giving you that much needed special hug when times are bad. Grandma knows this hug well and also sends her best wishes to you in the hope that your pain and suffering will soon take a tuen for the better and you will soon have peace.

Our thoughts are with you.

Cathy Moon
24th September 2006, 10:50 PM
You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers - for love, peace and comfort to each one of you. Hold your cavvies close, they will comfort you. :flwr:

nlg679
6th October 2006, 05:44 PM
Dad died at 12:01 am this morning.
Still has not hit me, I am proud to say I was with him as he made his journey home.
Thank you for your prayers....keep them going for My cousin.

Teddy was a solemn as a soldier...he knows...he was there when dad left he was with Dad every step of the way. Dad loved his sweet dogs.
Nancy

judy
6th October 2006, 05:50 PM
nancy--what a blessing to be with him, how wonderful for both your spirits, it's an intense thing, not an easy thing. he was there when you came into the world, and you were with him when he left. i'm glad he was able to go home at this time.
peace to you. bless little teddy for playing his part all the way.

arasara
6th October 2006, 05:51 PM
I am sorry to hear that hun.. *HUGZ* to you.. Keep Teddy close to you as well, he'll be a wonderful source of comfort. Take care of yourself hun and if you need any of us we are all here to talk to you.. *hugZ*

Still praying for your cousin's son. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks for the updates.. ..

Nicki
6th October 2006, 06:13 PM
Oh Nancy I'm so sorry to hear this news...the only comfort is that your Dad is out of pain now. I'm sure with his love of our precious breed he will have been greeted by our Cavalier Angels and surrounded with love

Bless you for having the strength to be with him...and your precious Teddy too, they really do understand and are such a comfort at difficult times.

You and your Mum are in our thoughts and prayers.

Thinking too of your cousin and family, hope things are improving there.

So sad when you are facing so much sadness and heartache, I'm sure Teddy will help you and you know we are all here for you too :flwr: :flwr:

Charleen
6th October 2006, 07:21 PM
I am so sorry to hear what your family is going through. I will pray for you and your family.

Chelle
6th October 2006, 07:45 PM
Thoughts and prayers are with your whole family during this difficult time :hug:

brid kenny
6th October 2006, 08:09 PM
So sorry for your loss.Will keep you in the prayers.

Lani
6th October 2006, 08:20 PM
Nancy,

I am so sorry to hear your news. My thoughts are with you during this difficult time.

Lani :flwr:

Kdemars
6th October 2006, 08:44 PM
:flwr: Try to think about the funny memories, you'll still cry but it is a happy cry. :flwr:
I'm very sorry :hug:

Maxxs_Mummy
6th October 2006, 09:08 PM
:hug: Oh {{{{{{{{Nancy}}}}}}}} :hug: I am so sorry to hear of your Dad's passing. I am so glad you were with him when his spirit left for the next world - a great honour :flwr:

Dogs are far more perceptive than us humans and you won't have needed to have told Teddy that Grandad has gone over, he will have known instinctively. Let him now be your comforter :flwr:

Your Dad will always be with you, watching over you all but no longer in any pain.

I'm sure he'll help your cousin's son too. I am a great believer in the powers that we have once we are in the spirit world.

Take care Nancy and hugs for you and your Mom. Thinking of you xxxxxxxxx

Spencer'sMom
6th October 2006, 09:33 PM
Oh, Nancy. I'm so very sorry to hear about your dad. My thoughts are with your entire family. Please give Teddy a hug from me.

Jen
6th October 2006, 09:45 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your dad, my thoughts are with you and your family. I'm glad you were able to be with him. :flwr:

Claire L
6th October 2006, 09:55 PM
Hi Nancy,

I said a prayer for you today
and know God must have heard.
I felt the answer in my heart
although he spoke no word!
I didn't ask for wealth or fame
(I knew you wouldn't mind).
I asked him to send treasures
of a far more lasting kind!
I asked that he be near you
at the start of each new day;
to grant you health and blessings
and friends to share your way!
I asked for happiness for you
in all things great and small.
But it was for his loving care
I prayed the most of all!

matties mum
7th October 2006, 12:32 AM
Oh Nancy I am so sorry I will keep you in my thoughts---Aileen

pippa
7th October 2006, 12:54 AM
Thinking of you at this sad time :flwr:

Karlin
7th October 2006, 01:26 AM
So sorry to hear about the loss of your father, Nancy. It is a privilege though a very difficult one to be there; I know this will be something that will give you great solace and peace in the future. Be sure to try to take some healing time for yourself too when you can.

*Pauline*
7th October 2006, 01:38 AM
Dear Nancy, I'm so sorry for your loss. Keep praying for strength and remember your dad is not in any pain now. You are a wonderful daughter, I'm sure he was very proud. Pauline xxx :lotsaluv:

Cathy T
7th October 2006, 02:05 AM
Nancy - what a wonderful thing that your father was able to leave with you by his side. I've thought about you often the last couple of weeks and was wondering how you were doing. Remember the good times and know that he is now at peace. I will keep you in my prayers. Hugs!!

molly
7th October 2006, 03:03 AM
Nancy, my heart is so sad for you and your family. We send you our prayers and love. Hugs to you all.

Remali
7th October 2006, 05:54 AM
Oh gosh, so much to go thru at one time....I am so sorry to hear of this happening to you and your family. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Forest
7th October 2006, 12:37 PM
Dear Nancy,
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss and pray that you will find peace in happy memories. I pray too for your cousin's son. Take care Nancy.
Julie and the girls :flwr:

Mary
7th October 2006, 01:19 PM
So sorry to hear this sad news Nancy. Your Dad was very fortunate to have you and Teddy. I hope Teddy and Katydid bring you great comfort right now. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Mary

Cathy Moon
7th October 2006, 02:17 PM
Nancy,
I'm so sorry for your loss of your dad. I'm glad you and Teddy were with him, he was not alone. I hope you take good care of yourself during your healing process. Teddy and little Katydid will help you through. We're sending hugs from me and my crew. :flwr:

Aoine
10th October 2006, 12:35 AM
I am so sorry for your loss, I just cant imagine what you are going through right now! I will be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Jay
10th October 2006, 03:03 AM
My deepest sympathy to you and your family Nancy. It is a very hard time for you right now. My father passed away on July 27 th so I understand exactly how you are feeling. Sometimes it's hard to believe that they are gone from us. You are in my thoughts. I wish you the peace of knowing that your father's suffering has ended. Memories are wonderful things because they keep our loved ones alive in our hearts.
J.

nlg679
19th October 2006, 09:35 PM
Hello Friends,
I believe my father is close at hand in helping my cousin's young son heal.
He is now using his kidneys and hopeful that dialysis will not be necessary soon. His liver is functioning. His feeding tube is working again, and the screens placed in his limbs seem to be working at preventing clots. He sat up on saturday for the first time in a chair. He is so strong---I think his optimal physical fitness has kept him alive. We are hoping that he will soon be able to go to rehab. He is on a vent part time now. It is a long road but I am praying for positve results...and when all is said and done I want to honor him and bring our family together as Dad would love, at our home here.
My heart has such a deep painful hole that I think I may have stuck the sadness so far down as I am too scared to let it out. I am selfish in my thoughts as I miss him terribly. Putting on my brave face for Mom as we go through each day....
I need to get busy here and update you very soon on my lovely Katy and dear, dear Teddy who sighs with sadness at the mere mention of "Pop-pop's" name.
Thank you, dear sweet people for your prayers...they are shining through!

Nancy :)

Alison_Leighfield
19th October 2006, 10:13 PM
Dear Nancy,

I am so sorry...I have been away and only just picked up your post....so sorry about your loss of your dad, I believe also like you that your dad will help your cousins son, keep strong Nancy...hug dear Katy and Teddy there are there for you always.

with much love,

Alison xxx

Wilts, U.K.

Nicki
19th October 2006, 11:05 PM
Oh Nancy that is such good news about the young man...I too believe that your Father is helping him, sadly maybe that was why he had to be taken from you :(

I hope your Mom is doing as ok as possible, she is lucky to have such a wonderful daughter to support her through this dreadful time.

And I'm glad that Teddy and Katy are helping you, Cavaliers are wonderful in that they really understand.

Cathy Moon
20th October 2006, 02:16 AM
It's so good to hear from you again, Nancy. :flwr: I hope your pups will cheer up you and your mom. Glad your cousin's son is recovering :flwr:

judy
20th October 2006, 02:26 AM
:hug:
good news about your cousin's son, what a strong boy to survive such challenges, making progress.
lots of sympathy to you and your family as you all miss your dad.

lorin
20th October 2006, 02:33 AM
Nancy,

The loss of one can transfer the pain into healing energy for another. It happened for me before.

You have my family's condolences on your loss and our hope and strength for your cousin's son.

Pete

Cathy T
20th October 2006, 02:42 AM
Nancy - so glad he is turning the corner. Warm wishes for further healing.

Linda
20th October 2006, 02:54 AM

I am here for you never forget that.
I will cry with you my friend

Remember

Time will heal you my friend.
Please give yourself that time. :l*v:
It is just too soon.

Love
Linda & The Boys

Maxxs_Mummy
20th October 2006, 12:44 PM
{{{{{{{{Nancy}}}}}}}} you really need to let some of your grief out hunny, it will make you ill if you keep it all bottled up :(

I am so glad that your cousin's son is on the mend, no doubt your Dad has had plenty to do with that :flwr:

Poor darling Teddy, he obviously really misses his Pop-pop :( give him and Katy a big hug from me and the boys.

Take care Nancy, thinking of you and your Mom xxxxx

Remali
21st October 2006, 04:48 AM
Nancy, hope you are doing OK. I am so sorry about your father. I am glad to hear that your cousin's son is doing better, and I hope and pray he continues to improve.

Our toy Poodle stayed with my dad the entire time that my dad was on home hospice a year ago this month.....Bailey laid on the bed with my dad till my dad passed away, Bailey had not left my dad's side, and when my dad passed away Bailey (who had been laying at my dad's side for nearly that entire 2 weeks my dad was ill) crept down to the foot of the bed and curled up near my dad's feet, Bailey knew. Animals bring so much comfort, my dad was so happy to be at home with his beloved Bailey.....much like your father and his dogs, it is some comfort to know that they had the love of their dogs with them all the time.

Linda
8th November 2006, 04:01 PM

Thinking of you sweetie, it will get better.
Tell us about Katydid and we need some pics of her and Teddy.
Luv You
Linda

arasara
8th November 2006, 10:25 PM
yes we're thinking of you too - how are you doing? haven't heard from you in a while.. *HUGZ* hope everything is going well! :flwr:

Claire
9th November 2006, 04:14 PM
Nancy - hope you are okay? - hugs and licks from me and the boys.. :flwr:

nlg679
9th November 2006, 06:05 PM
Hey Guys,
Have the day off and am enjoying the two little rascals here. I hope to get some photos and put them up today or tomorrow.
Thank God for my Teddy Boy...he listens to me and my sorrows.
I know I've gotta move on but it has been very difficult.

My poor poor cousing was all ready to be discharged...readdy to head out of the university hospital and move to re-hab hospital 3 weeks ago today when he suddenly had a major seizure and went into a coma and back onto a ventilator....he is now in intensive care AGAIN...out of the coma but liver damage is apparent. Will get another update this weekend but praying to Dad to give this boy back his young life.

I told his family when all is said and done and he is out of rehab we will have a big family celebration up here with everyone...we need to be happy again.

Katy is just loving playing with Tedster and he enjoys it too! Nightly games of chase and keep away keep Mom and me totally entertained.

Thanks guys, You all mean alot to me. I feel your healing energy.
Nancy
Teddy and Katydid :flwr:

arasara
9th November 2006, 06:13 PM
WOW - I can't believe that.. How awful for all of you guys to be so excited about discharge and then to have that happen. What a shock - Is he coherent and speaking now?

Glad that you're pulling in your furbabies for love - I tell you for ever kiss Kosmo gets he must give me 10 back in return.. and I give him a LOT of kisses.. :lol: I can't wait to see new pictures - Katydid must be soo big now!!

And We will all want to see pictures of the family celebration too!! :) Those are so much fun!!

Healing thoughts for your cousin are still coming from this end!! *HUGZ* and it's nice to have an update!! :)

matties mum
9th November 2006, 08:31 PM
keeping you in my thoughts and I would love to see photos of the doggies and loads of the family celebration ---Aileen

Denise G.
9th November 2006, 11:01 PM
Nancy--lots of hugs and prayers to you and your family. I'm sorry to hear of your cousin's set back. I hope that his condition improves again very quickly. Be encouraged--you will smile again and really mean it one day soon!

So glad you have your furbabies to make you smile!

Cathy T
10th November 2006, 12:18 AM
Oh gosh Nancy. What a disappointment. He sounded like he was doing so well. You are definitely getting lots of healing thoughts from all of us. Chin up!

nlg679
10th December 2006, 02:55 PM
My cousin's son is finally back in NJ in an excellent re-hab facility.
It truly is a miracle that I know my Dad was part of. My young cousin has lost some toes but BIG DEAL!!! He is alive! He has a lllllong rehab but his mind is in tact and he is a shadow of his former athletic self. He lost 1/3 o fhis body weight. Imagine his mom finally able to sleep in her own bed at night! It is a very bitter-sweet time in our lives dealing with losing my hero but my young cousin is alive.
Thank you ALL soooo much. I do know you have helped my cousin survive.
Happy Christmas to all of you :flwr: !

Lani
10th December 2006, 03:03 PM
What wonderful news Nancy!! I am so happy for you. I hope your cousin continues to improve both physically and emotionally. :flwr:

Nicki
10th December 2006, 05:36 PM
oh that is wonderful news Nancy, really pleased that he is now in rehab, I'm sure he will do well. Like you I do believe that your Dad will have played his part...bless him.

I hope you manage to have a celebration at CHristmas...cuddle the pups close.

matties mum
10th December 2006, 05:47 PM
so glad that things are working out have a happy chirstmas ----Aileen

Joanne M
10th December 2006, 05:54 PM
My prayer is that your young cousin come to realize that each day is an opportunity for change, and for things to change. The circumstances we see ourselves in today need not be our tomorrow. God Bless him and keep him safe until his pain eases and he can find the joy in life again.

Amen

Cathy T
10th December 2006, 07:47 PM
What wonderful news Nancy. Oh what a relief for everyone. I was so apprehensive when I saw you had posted an update. Just held my breath hoping it was good news..and it was!!

enchantingdragon
10th December 2006, 07:48 PM
My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.

molly
10th December 2006, 08:31 PM
So glad to hear he is on the mend. Hugs to you all.

judy
10th December 2006, 09:44 PM
nancy, thank you for the update. how good to hear of this wonderful progress in this terrible ordeal for your cousin and all of you. i'm glad he is in good hands at the rehab and that his mom can sleep at home again--it's been so long that he was in the hospital. your dad has been a strong presence throughout. it takes a long long time for the pain of such a loss to ease, but your dad also gave you what you need to get through it all, with a little help from Teddy :) . And somewhere along the way you acquired whatever it was that caused you to pull in so much love and support for your cousin as well.

scuffer
11th December 2006, 05:44 AM
Blessings from South Jersey!!!
Love and Licks...
Lin, Cal, Boo & Punkin

rory
11th December 2006, 06:49 AM
Just now reading this. I'm so sorry for all the difficulties you and your family have gone through recently! I hope your cousin pulls out again and can be healthy very soon. The liver has incredible regenerative capacities, so hopefully with time it will be healthy again. sending thoughts your way!

arasara
11th December 2006, 05:29 PM
Oh Nancy - thank God everything is coming together, I've been so worried about you!! I know you've bene posting lately but I haven't heard any kind of an update so thank God it's going for the better!! *hugZ*! :flwr:

Denni
12th December 2006, 05:53 AM
Nancy I am so sorry to hear about your Dad passing away. Glad to hear your cousin is doing better. Definitely sounds like Dad decided it was time to go as he could help your cousin better by being on the other side.

Looking forward to hearing about your big family get together at Christmas. :hug: