• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Lucky Pics ... including Lucky's first Puppia

Lani

Here is a picture of Lucky in his first Puppia.

DSC00745_1.jpg

and another ...

DSC00721.jpg

I'll have some more cute baby pictures to send in the next day, but in the meanwhile I thought this one was a bit timely ...

DSC00734.jpg

My sister and I took Lucky and his cousin (my sister's Dog!) Razz on a walk along the Hudson river in NYC today. We carried Lucky in a pouch because it is a bit wooded there and there are supposed to be some wild dogs down there ... Anyway, the bridge in the background is the George Washington Bridge, it leads to New Jersey, where I live. Those of you who have been to the states or live near NYC might remember that after September 11th they put the huge American flag hanging down from the bridge. Well, if you look closely ... near the back of the bridge, you'll see they have brought it down again as tomorrow (or today, depending where you are in the world) is the fifth anniversary of September 11th.

I know we all have our own thoughts and feelings about September 11th and the politics surrounding it. But I can tell you that as someone who 5 years ago today, exactly, on the night of September 10th 2001, was sitting on the 15th floor of the World Trade Center ... seeing that flag just brought back a flood of memories and emotions. I hope none of us, ever, no matter what country we live in, ever have to experience another day like that in our lifetimes.
:xfngr:

Lani,

Our thoughts and prayers were with you all then and still are, I'm sure people around the world will always remember that date and what happened. We all grieved for your country.

The company that my husband works for have offices in Wall St, and my husband travels there frequently....I still hate it when he travels.

The pics are lovely, I remembered when I visited a while ago it was freezing...lots of snow! so it's lovely to see the sun there. :D

Take care,

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

I will be watching the remembrances and thinking about the tragedy all day today. How could I not??!!!

The picture in front of the bridge in wonderful. Lucky is such a cutie!!!

I was living in London in 2001 and just happened to be here during that time. It was surreal ... And I had to fly back to London the next week, so Alison I can understand how you feel about your husband having to fly back and forth.

Anyway, on a cheerier note ... I thought I'd attach a few more puppy pics of little Lucky. I just can't believe how sweet he is and he just seems to get sweeter every day!!!

DSC00659.jpg

DSC00693.jpg

He looks very hansome icon_whistling icon_whistling ....... Bailey has a black puppia at the moment which I think he will soon grow out of soon, I'm going to get him a red one next time......

Lani, my heart goes out to all Americans and all affected by 9/11 on this day.

My sons' schoolteacher lost both his parents in the WTC - they were having coffee & phoned him from there about 10 minutes before the first plane struck.

Another friend lost her fireman brother on ground zero and yet another friend's brother and sister in law were both at work in the Pentagon. Thankfully, they were both safe.

I am not at all religious and cannot understand at all how any human being can willfully kill another in the name of a cause or a religion.

We were watching the anniversary footage on tv earlier tonight and I was sitting there in tears (as usual) thinking of all of the horrific and unecessary waste of lives :(

Anyway, go cuddle that darling puppy and let's all hope and wish for peace. If women ran the world I'm sure we'd get it, too :flwr:

Yesterday's 'Mail' agreed with you- apparently men are genetically structured to become competitive and aggressive when operating on a group 'them and us' basis. Women, needless to add, didn't change regardless of the groupings and provocation!!

Love the pics- and I think most of us have given the WTC several thoughts today. How old is Lucky now? 'Cos he looks a good size! :shock:

Lucky's Birthday is on June 19th, so he is 12 weeks old today. Wow, how time flies!!

At about 10.5 weeks he was already at 7.25 lbs ... and his breeder was right ... he is a good little eater. I'm not sure what he weighs now, but he does not seem chubby or anything.

All that said, that is why I started a chain a couple of weeks ago inquiring about adult size. He seemed a little bigger than I would have expected at his age. That said, my breeder said he was one of only 2 in the litter, so it seems he might be growing a little faster here in the beginning because of that!

He sure is a sweety though. I mean ... those eyes when they look up at you ... my heart just melts!!! :lotsaluv:

Hi Lani, your Lucky is so adorable!! Beautiful photos! And he sure looks cute in his Puppia, I am tempted to get one for each of my dogs!

That is so scary that you were at the WTC on September 10th! I will never ever forget that day, I was at work when it happened and we all watched it on the TV at work, and all I wanted to do at that time was go home and hug my pets!!

Back