PDA

View Full Version : Cavalier magazines?

Remali
13th September 2006, 01:37 AM
I was just thinking today, if there were any monthly magazines (or quarterly for that matter) on Cavaliers? It would be great to have something like that to look forward to every month! :D

WoodHaven
13th September 2006, 01:39 AM
I was just thinking today, if there were any monthly magazines (or quarterly for that matter) on Cavaliers? It would be great to have something like that to look forward to every month! :D

Royal Spaniels is a quarterly magazine (expensive)
If you join the CKCSC, USA you get a cavalier bulletin three times a year.

Remali
13th September 2006, 02:23 AM
Thank you Sandy!! I'm still somewhat new to the world of Cavaliers, altho I've been reading about them for several years, I mainly have a couple of books, but I would really enjoy a magazine! I'll have to check out the Royal Spaniels magazine!

Roxanne
13th September 2006, 02:35 AM
I love the Royal Spaniels Mag !! Its mostly show dogs and they have a breeder that they showcase each issue but the pics are beautiful !

Remali
13th September 2006, 02:56 AM
I looked it up online and it really looks like a beautiful magazine! No matter the cost, I think I will plan on getting it! I also get an Arabian Horse magazine that runs around the same money, but it's worth it for a quality magazine, and I LOVE getting my magazines in the mail!

Kingofthehouse86
13th September 2006, 04:54 AM
I bought this magazine...and it seemed helpful in some ways, but they don't update it very often http://cgi.ebay.com/CAVALIER-KING-CHARLES-SPANIELS-Popular-Dog-Magazine_W0QQitemZ150006561588QQihZ005QQcategoryZ2 80QQcmdZViewItem

merlinsmum
13th September 2006, 01:36 PM
What a nice idea for a birthday ! A subscription - does anyone know of any uk ones?

Karlin
13th September 2006, 01:59 PM
Link for ordering Royal Spaniels:

http://www.the-royal-spaniels.com/

Maxxs_Mummy
13th September 2006, 02:03 PM
I wish we had a British magazine like this - got any contacts you could suggest it to, Karlin?

Remali
14th September 2006, 12:51 AM
Hi Aaron! I've got that magazine too, I love it, but agree I wish it was updated more often, I think it may just be a yearly magazine.

I'm not sure of any UK magazines, only the Royal Spaniels one that I just found out about on here

Lisa_T
15th September 2006, 12:26 AM
One of the UK Cavalier club sites does a web mag- the length seems to vary, but I enjoy them. And all you need is a computer and internet connection- no sub required!

merlinsmum
15th September 2006, 09:55 AM
Hi Lisa,

Can you post a link to it

Thanks ;)

Agata
15th September 2006, 10:43 AM
This Royal Spaniels is beautifull...what a pitty it's so expensive :sl*p:

Coco's mom
15th September 2006, 03:32 PM
I also bought the one Aaron has bought- Cavalier King Charles Spaniel of the Popular Dog Magazine. I found it at Petsmart. It's the only one I've ever seen, but I'm new to all of this!

Lisa_T
16th September 2006, 01:02 AM
http://www.thecavalierclub.co.uk/start.html

then click 'Cavaliers as Pets' on the navigation panel to the left for the webmag as above.

Don't forget to check the backissues- several years worth! They're usually short and sweet, often funny, and always interesting!