• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Caution on a donation website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxxs_Mummy

I have just received the following e-mail...

The Cavalier Refuge Center.
[email protected]
http://www.zyworld.com/cavalierrescue/Home.htm

Hi, My name is Mrs Amanda Leigh co-manager of Cavalier Refuge Center
.Our mission is to provide temporary care and shelter for stray,
abandoned
and relinquished Cavalier dogs and to place as many as possible into
responsible and caring homes.

We also works to create awareness and support for the humane treatment
of
all animals and to end animal overpopulation through education and the
promotion
of spaying and neutering.

Please click on our website above to see pictures of available
Cavaliers
looking to be adopted.

To make a donation or adoption please contact us with the above email
address.

Thank you,
Mrs Amanda Leigh.
Co-Manager.
The Animal Refuge Team

When you click on the website there are pictures of beautiful Cavaliers - all lovely you might think...

Well, the 'rescue' is in Thailand & the photo's come courtesy of photobus where you can buy whatever pictures you need.

Edited by Karlin who adds:

A reminder for people to please read through the link I have on Libel guidelines in the Getting Started section. It is not acceptable to make unverified claims on a public site like a board no matter how many doubts one might have in one's mind. I do not even aloow most verified claims as if someone decides to sue, I would still have to defend the action as would the poster, at our jopint cost for lawyers etc --= or pay out a settlement.

In general if you are going to name someone and offer a link please phrase your comments cautiously thoguh I understand people post with good intentions.

There are several curious aspects of this request and I would advise anyone to be cautious with their money when they do not know of anyone asking for funding, and cannot confirm its bona fides thorugh reliable thrid parties.

I'm locking this as well -- that's two locked today! ;) Sorry folks, these are just worrying topics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back