• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Green tea?

Lisa_T

I saw an article in the Express today about the benefits of green tea in combating and preventing heart disease. Is there any reason why a drink of weak green tea couldn't be given to a Cavalier?

Just wondering. The stuff is supposed to be nature's panacea for all ills, for pity's sake..

i don't know. green tea does contain caffiene and generally someone who has a heart rhythm problem should avoid caffiene as caffiene is known to aggravate arrhythmia. That would be the only reason i could think of, to the extent cavaliers have a tendency to valvular disease which does tend to be associated with pathological arrythmia. The benefits discussed in the article may be related to coronary artery disease rather than valvular disease. Do they say?

I think you;re right; it's arterial rather than valvular... oh well, just a thought!

Back