• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Kayla's Fur/Coat ?? question ?

Jen114

I have a question,

Kaylas fur is actually quite short. It has never been very thick...... I have noticed that most the the Cavaliers on the board have very beautiful thick hair. Do you think Kaylas will eventually grow? She is now 1 year 5 months old.

This is a picture of her in Winter when her hair was the longest it has been, i was hoping it would grow more. Mind you the amount of hair i find on the floors of my house is unbelievable so it must be coming from somewhere lol
103_0314.jpg

Do you think it will grow?

Merlin's coat seemed to stop growing for a while and was still shortish, recently ( he is now 1 year 7 months) he seems to have had a spurt of growth, his feathering has grown on his legs and he seems to have "filled out" ( he's not ut on weight just seems to have become an adult)

I wouldn't worry - she's gorgeous as she is! ;)

I agree they are both beautiful! My breeder told me that most cavaliers will have their full coats by about 2 years of age.

Your two babies have convinced me my next cav will be a black and tan!!!

I think they vary. Daisy Boo is very much like Kayla and she is 14 months old. Twinkle is 10 months old and has a much thicker coat. Holly (Twinkle's sister) was with us last week and has much more feathering than Twinkle.

Joanna

Oh don't be sorry if the coat isn't heavy! Holly's is so heavy- when you remember that she's quite a small specimen- that I keep her clipped. It's totally unmanageable otherwise. Part of that was my fault- as a tiny pup she was extremely nervous and timid, and reacted badly to anything other than the softest of soft brushes. Plus, like Kayla and Co, she really didn't have much coat to speak of until she was 18 months or so. Then it growed and growed :shock: :shock: Now, when it's out to it's full length, she looks like a perambulating haystack. My mum accuses me of overfeeding her- and then we clip her and she magically 'loses' weight. Shame that doesn't work on the rest of us :D :D

I intend to learn from experience and be much more religious with the puppy!

LMAO Lisa - that coat of hers sounds just like Maxx's coat! Charlie's coat didn't really start growing until about 3 months ago and he was 2 in March. Just enjoy it whilst it's short - far less grooming and bathing to worry about LOL

If you're really fed up of the coat issue then you could always send her to me for six months and see if I can make it grow (it's one way of getting a black and tan to add to my collection :badgrin: ).....

Thank you for your advice guy..... you are all sooo sweet !!!!

you are all prob right about the long hair, i mean we have enough of it on our floors every week i can imagine when it is long and thick :D Even though it is beautiful :D

Thanks x

King's coat must have matured fast, cuz he was only about 1yr when his coat came in full length...but then we trimmed him for the summer but its coming bac!!!! better then ever

Back