• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Blisters on Paws

Gingers Mommy

HELP! I just noticed that Ginger's got a blister on both of her back paws and I guess they popped. She's not complaining at all but theres a layer of skin thats coming off and reddish raw skin is exposed underneath. Is there anything I can do?? :?

Can you get hold of Vaseline?

try to put a thin layer over the sore bit, it will protect and keep it soft till healed, and prevent infection getting in. If you walk your little one alot then try to find some paw wax, again it protects and keeps the pads supple.

Alison, Wilts, U.k.

In the summer, Lisa and I took Belle and Zack walking to the dog park. Lisa said it was right around the bend from their apartment but it turned out to be a longer walk than i thought at first. The sidewalk was hot. I didn't think about it at the time. Zack and Belle didn't complain, they acted normal. But the next day or a couple of days later, i saw skin sloughing off of zack's paws. I didn't know what it was. I had him into the vet for something else and the vet pointed it out, it was two days after, and she said something about walking on hot pavement and then i remembered, :cry*ing: There was no sign that Zack had any pain from it, but it was pretty horrifying to realize i let that happen to him. I asked the vet what to do about it and she said nothing, she said it was healing as it should and it would just keep healing and there was nothing to be put on it, no salve or anything, and no bandage. It wasn't weeping or wet or raw or red, but it was quite dry and i was afraid his skin would crack. So i really wasn't satisfied with the vet's advice, but i didn't know what else to do. It healed up ok thank goodness.

Lisa said belle didn't have any blisters at all.

do you know how Ginger got the blisters?

Thanks

Thanks for your support guys. I put neosporin (bacitracin) on it when I got her home. She wasnt in pain at all which is good. Im not quite sure what it was from exactly since its not all that hot here in NYC anymore but you never really know, what I think might not be bad, might be for their little paws :sl*p:
Also the breeder suggested a product from Body Shop being that its all natural if she were to lick at it nothing would happen so I started to put that on just to soften up the paw.
Thanks again for your responses.

Back