• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

How big will he be?

RockNRollCav

Corgan just got weighed today. He is 13.5 pounds. He is a good weight - neither too thin nor too heavy. He's 6 months old as of yesterday. Any thoughts on how big (how many pounds) he'll be once full grown?

He was the only puppy in his litter, and he was neutered early (3 months old). I've heard that these play a role in predicting weight at maturity.

I know I've asked before, and I've looked at the reference section, but it talks about 12-16 week old puppies. I'm really just wondering how much more he'll grow - will he grow a lot, not a lot, he'll fill out but won't get much taller, etc?

Thanks!

The 4 month point in weight is the best guideline for boys or the size of both parents and grandparents on average. A cavalier neutered that young will likly be an inch or so taller and a bit heavier. I'd be guessing he will be in the 20lb-ish range given his size now -- he has plenty of growing to do still and males also fill out a bit even after they reach their height at around a year. Some breeders say the males will keep filling out somewhat til age 2 or more. But final weights v puppy weights are highly variable depending on growth rates for a particular puppy.

does anyone know how many kilograms to a pound?.. pounds arent really used down here :?

does anyone know how many kilograms to a pound?.. pounds arent really used down here :?

1 pound is .45 kilograms

I guess that means Corgan is about 6.1 kilos now? Is my math right on that?

The 4 month point in weight is the best guideline for boys or the size of both parents and grandparents on average. A cavalier neutered that young will likly be an inch or so taller and a bit heavier. I'd be guessing he will be in the 20lb-ish range given his size now -- he has plenty of growing to do still and males also fill out a bit even after they reach their height at around a year. Some breeders say the males will keep filling out somewhat til age 2 or more. But final weights v puppy weights are highly variable depending on growth rates for a particular puppy.

Thanks, Karlin! You really are a wealth of knowledge! At 4 months, he was 10.7 pounds, and one month later he was 11.9 (that was August).

I had guessed that he would be around 20. The breeder thought 25, but I don't think he'll be that big. :)

Back