• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Quickie note from California!

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all --

Am out visiting my parents after flying in yesterday on the long journey from Ireland. I was SO EXCITED to meet their cavalier Lucy; she is just adorable! I took her for a long walk this morning after I got up at 7am (I went to bed at 9:30 so got a good nights' jet lagged sleep). She wasn't too sure about who this strange person was marching her down the hill but then trotted along and had some good sniffs and a look at the ducks down in the nearby park. So much fun to arrive and have a cavalier here! :lotsaluv:

I will post pics but not til next week -- we are off to the mountains for a week and I will have no net access at all.

I can see in the day and a half I have been offline that there have been something like 20 new topics started in the general section :shock: so we sure are turning into a abusy board. I don.t notice things like that when I am online much of every day.

Also disappointed to see how many spam registrations I got in 36 hours -- about half a dozen. :x I am waiting to install a new bit of code that should stop them but need to wait til it is all approved code from the guys that produce the board software. Right now it is still being tested according to the guy who created it.

Anyone trying to register this week will need to be patient -- I won't be able to activate accounts til I return.

Karlin

Ps I got my box of dog things from www.helpingudders.com and can confirm that the cavalier breed collars are VERY CUTE. Also Lucy has test driven one of the rubber donut toys from the helping udders toys made from used cow-milking machine rubber parts! She was chasing it all over the floor and they are cavalier sized as well. Check out their site as the toys and other items are really great and you can designate some of your purchase to go to Lucky Star cavalier rescue too. :)

hey, welcome to california, what part are you in? I think i remember you said your folks are in the Bay area but i'm not sure. it's a beautiful day down here in the LA area today--i hope you're having a great time in the mountains, whatever mountains they are.. How old is Lucy now?

Wow, it sounds like you'll be having a great time! Can't wait to see photos.

This is my first real day back on the board since my trip and there's a lot going on here. :)

Hope you are having a great time visiting your parents and Lucy!!! Looking forward to seeing the pics.
:snap:

Welcome to America. :)

I'm in Menlo Park (Bay Area) and we are heading up to Tahoe. Lovely day here though I am stuck inside working -- have to write my stories for next week. :(

Have a great time, Karlin and try not to miss your babies at home too much :D :flwr:

Give Lucy a hug from all of us here too :lol:

Sounds like you're going to have a great visit Karlin. The weather has finally turned here in San Diego and it's been an absolutely beautiful day. I checked out the website. Some very cool stuff. I write an article every other month for my club newsletter and my topic is toys. Looks like I'll need to order a couple and try them out for "research". Gotta be a great site...they carry the leo and the flexi leash bag. I don't attach it to a flexi leash but have it hooked onto my double lead. Carries bags, treats, house key, my business card (in case I run into anyone interested in Cavaliers and wanting to know more) and a couple of bucks in case we run into the ice cream man (we all shared a popsicle last week!).

Have a great time!!!

Thanks; I will be having a great time though today I have mostly spent fussing with Lucy and writing my two stories for next week's paper; the latter about the last things I want to be doing but no rest for the wicked, as Grandma likes to say.

Along with the udder toys (I got one of the small pull toys too) the ones I got that look great are the Wubba in a small size -- just right for a cavalier, and WITH a squeaky, and a small TreatStik (which is shaped not to roll under things as easily as treat balls or cubes).

Wow Karlin! sounds like your having a fabulous time!! im sure Lucy is absolutely gorgeous!! looking forward to seeing lots of pictures of her! rubber udders?? haha lol..cute

Karlin have a great time with your parents... and Lucy - :lol: Don't hide her in your suitcase when you come back!!!!

Don't forget to take a break sometime to relax a little and rest up, :flwr:

Enjoy your mum and dad and little Lucy!

A home is where you'll find a Cavalier! :lol:

Alison, Wilts,U.K.

Back