• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Tears?

Lani

Lucky has these tears stains under his eyes ... he's not sick or anything but he's always had them and I can't figure out how to get rid of them. I bought some wipes, but they don't seem to do much. I wondered if anyone else had that with their dog and what product you use to help remove the stains?

DSC00840.jpg

:thnx:

If you search on tear stains you'll find several threads on this topic and suggestions on how to handle them. The reddish colour/smell is due to yeast that grows in the damp fur. You can buy special products to wipe their eyes. I use Renu or other contact lens solution that is OK to be put in eyes (this is very important) -- it has a protein eater that sems to help get rid of the yeast. Or you can use just a damp washcloth or cotton pad to wipe away from the eye, being very careful not to ever touch the eyeball. Just keeping it wiped daily with plain water will help prevent the yeast buildup.

Lots of cavaliers have the tear stains which are more noticeable on the particolours with white fur. Often puppies grow out of having them.

oh Karlin.. are you able to use contact solution to clean it!! i am a contact wearer and i clean my contacts with a pure saline solution?? would i be able to use that on there eyeS?

Back