PDA

View Full Version : kyle

matties mum
17th September 2006, 02:57 PM
cavalier at secondchancekennel name kyle

Karlin
17th September 2006, 03:46 PM
Can you give contact information for this kennel? I don't know where this is. :thmbsup:

matties mum
17th September 2006, 09:35 PM
The kennel is in scotland wish I lived in scotland Aileen

Maxxs_Mummy
18th September 2006, 12:06 AM
http://www.dogpages.org.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=3047

Ena's Mob No. 07814646590. Mhairi's mob.07716600060.

Second Chance Kennels, Thornton, Fife, Scotland.

Let's hope someone in or near Scotland can offer this darling boy a second chance at home life - abandoned because they had a new baby :roll:

I'd be more likely to abandon the baby than my furbaby icon_whistling

Mary
18th September 2006, 12:59 AM
Awwwh poor sweet baby. He is so cute. Reminds me of my Jazz. Hope he finds a loving home soon.

Claire
18th September 2006, 10:53 AM
Poor poor baby..... I am sorry but I do not have kids, but how can one dog be hard work with a baby......make me so upset. :cry*ing:

Maxxs_Mummy
18th September 2006, 11:19 AM
Me too Claire :cry*ing: I have sent the rescue details of all the CKCS club rescue co-ordinators in Scotland. Maybe they can help rehome the little man.

matties mum
18th September 2006, 12:31 PM
I was so sad that this little boy as to be rehome because of a baby when it sound like he is use to childen Aileen

sallymum
18th September 2006, 01:06 PM
What a load of ****** i have 4 kids ranging from 23-7 and a grand daughter just over a year. A dog especially a year old aint gone a be any trouble might be a bit of a handful if it was a puppy.

Alison_Leighfield
18th September 2006, 01:22 PM
The first thing I would want with a youngster would be a Cavalier, how lovely to have the two together, a child and his pal!

Such gentle little dogs....and this one seemed to enjoy children as well..lets hope he finds a home where he will be truly loved and wanted.

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

misty
18th September 2006, 02:25 PM
I've cross-posted onto NESSR too... a spaniel rescue in the Borders. They often have people looking to give cavis good homes.

When Jennifer was a baby, we had Misty & Cracker. No kidding, those 2 dogs used to lay either side of her on the floor, as she lay on her mat under the baby gym.

Misty used to rest his head on my knee as I nursed Jennifer.

Latterly, when she became a toddler, Misty actually came to us barking because Jennifer had found a pair of scissors. He was always "telling" on her if he thought she was doing something he thought was dangerous.

I could not recommend any dog like a cavalier for babies or kids.

We got Cailean when Jen was four - even though she respected him, of course he often got his tail pulled - he never once complained. I found her once with Cailean attached to a tea tray..... she couldn't understand why he wouldn't "mush". He just wagged of course. :D

Claire
18th September 2006, 02:39 PM
made me chuckle on that one... mush mush.....

selina
19th September 2006, 10:30 AM
He is beautiful. I would really consider taking him on but I live in Australia.
It's a bit far to go and get him.

Maxxs_Mummy
19th September 2006, 11:00 PM
Oh Fran, I can just imagine Jennifer trying to make Cailean 'Mush' :lol: :lol: :lol: You can tell she's been brought up with Cavaliers though - she was wonderful with Bradley and you could see how much she adored him from the word go :flwr:

selina
21st September 2006, 12:32 PM
I also think it is pretty poor that she got rid of him because of the baby. I have 3 children 8, 9 and 18 months and Jeremy even though he is a pup is absolutely fantastic with all of them especially my baby.

matties mum
23rd September 2006, 12:18 AM
:*nana: He has got a new home :jmp: Aileen

Cathy T
23rd September 2006, 01:20 AM
Yeah!! He's so dang cute I figured it couldn't take long. The majority of my rescues have come from families that no longer had the time for their Cavaliers because their families grew. I don't blame them...I'm just so glad they realize the dog isn't getting the attention he needs and call us to find him a new home. So many people just don't take into account how much their families dynamics will change over the years and how much responsibility and attention a dog (especially a Cavalier!!) requires.

merlinsmum
23rd September 2006, 11:51 AM
So glad he has a new home!

TBH I can't understand why anyone would want to have a baby when they already have a cavalier - much more loving and squishy than any child could be I'm sure!!!

( :yikes sorry - I'm not very maternal so apologies to any human child owners!)

Claire
25th September 2006, 02:58 PM
That's great news....

Sally
25th September 2006, 03:39 PM
That's such good news that he's found a new home!

Kirsty... :rotfl: :rotfl: And you don't have to send them to college. ;)

Maxxs_Mummy
25th September 2006, 10:39 PM
( :yikes sorry - I'm not very maternal so apologies to any human child owners!)

Why be sorry? I have two human kids (well, they're supposed to be human anyway) and I can assure you that I am one of the least maternal people ever!

I would be more inclined to hold a puppy shower than a baby one and I have never ever gotten excited about impending additions to the family unless they have four legs and a tail!

I was mortified each time I found I was pregnant (especially after being told I could have no more just 6mths before I found I was 4 1/2 mths pregnant with second son) and believe me when I say I was so happy when I had my hysterectomy - I knew there wasn't the remotest possibility of having any more babies as nothing else had worked hahahahaha

I am now threatening my kids (20 and 15) that I do not want to be a granny until I am over 60 but I would gladly babysit any Cavaliers they might wish to have in place of children :badgrin:

So there we have it, cards on the table, you're not the only one!