• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Grooming...

duncans_ma

Our next adventure....

The hot Florida summers are not very condusive to letting a cavs hair grow long so this being Duncan's first summer with a think coat we found a great groomer and kept him regularly trimmed. We think this way he is coller and it definately helps with mattes after a day in the ocean.

Now that there will be two pups hubby and I have decided to invest in a set of puppy grooming tools and take this adventure on ourselves. I could some how justify $35 for 1 dog grooming, but at $70 for 2, I think I need to learn this skill.

Does anyone have any advice on grooming or words of encouragement for my Dunc (who is in my lap as I type this wondering his fate, I am sure)??

Duncan my boy, whatever your Mamma does to you, it's for your own good OK? Just do as she says and you might get a treat ;)

Besides, your hair WILL grow back eventually :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ashley, I took Maxx to be groomed in the Summer. It cost me almost £30 just for him and she made a mess of it. I borrowed hubbies old hair clippers and my youngest son and I stood Maxx on the old patio table in the garden and just went over his coat.

I was worried, I admit. However, people paid him more compliments after I'd done it for free than when the expensive but rubbish groomer did it!

Just keep heaping praise on him whilst you are grooming and trimming and I'm sure he'll be fine :D

Just start slowly. You can always take more off. I find doing the nails is the harder part of grooming. I don't touch the anal glands, tho I was told some groomers do that as part of their service.

Sandy, I think that the woman who messed up Maxx's grooming did his anal glands - even though I had told her not to. He ended up with a nasty infection in them, he'd never had any problems before except a twice yearly emptying by the Vet. When I got him to the Vet he asked me who'd been fiddling with Maxx's glands as he said he could tell by the feel of them that someone had damaged one of them :yikes He knows full well it wasn't me :x

Back