• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Jackets and harnesses

joanna

Hi all,
I was thinking I might get Daisy Boo a puppia jacket or hoodie for the winter because her coat is very fine compared to Twinkles (and she refuses to walk when she's cold :roll: )
I saw some lovely items on PoshPaws.ie but I can't figure out how they are practical.
I don't want to walk her on a collar and I don't see how the clothes work with a harness.
Any ideas?
Joanna

My sister has a few jackets and has had the same concern because she has a Puppia harness as well.

Some of the ones she has actually have a button hole up on top that works for her to slip the metal loop from the harness through so the leash can be attached.

If you can sew, you might want to create a button hole for your harness loop if your coat doesn't have one. My sister doesn't sew, so she took hers to a tailor and had it put in on the coats that didn't have a hole to use to hook the harness through.

joanna said:
Hi all,
I was thinking I might get Daisy Boo a puppia jacket or hoodie for the winter because her coat is very fine compared to Twinkles (and she refuses to walk when she's cold :roll: )
I saw some lovely items on PoshPaws.ie but I can't figure out how they are practical.
I don't want to walk her on a collar and I don't see how the clothes work with a harness.
Any ideas?
Joanna

icon_nwunsure I was wondering this too, I've ordered Charlie the camo puppia harness but was thinking if he needs a jacket how's it gonna work???

It depends on what kind of attire you buy but I have seen several sweaters and stuff with a bit of a hole in the top for the harness D ring to go through. That way they can keep both of them on and the leash won't get in the way! Kosmo's getting his new sweater tonight!! :lol: Now lets hope he doesn't throw a fit. :sl*p:

My mom makes custom jackets in flannel or fleece (with or without a hood). She puts a hole in the back of the jacket (if you request it) for your harness loop. If you're interested, she charges $20 plus shipping for each custom jacket or dress. PM me if you're interested!

Wow RockNRollCav , that's a really good price compared to some of the sites I've seen here ..... I think your Mom may get a few orders !!!

It is true, that we in Ireland can order from the States in USD and even with shipping it still works out WAY CHEAPER than the sites located here....

I've compared a few sites in this way and it's the same for every item I check - especially for the clothes!! :?

I even ordered my harnesses & ID tags aswell as clothes from American sites as they worked out at least 30% cheaper .... and that is a lot when you've 2 dogs and buy a few things for them regularly !!!!!!

Back