• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

I seem to have a name for my ruby pup!

Lisa_T

Saw my puppy again this evening, and she's even more adorable, if that's possible. Bright little thing, too. When she wanted the loo, she trotted out to do her stuff outside. I was so impressed; she's only a couple of days over eight weeks! Despite being a ruby (some say ruby bitches are aloof) she's a real little cuddler, but lively with it too.

Holly still isn't sure what to make of her, but pretty much tolerated the pups (cav and chi!) bouncing around her, and actually came to sniff puppy and lie beside me when the pups were sleeping in my lap. She didn't like their papillon, but I think that's because that papillon was the closest thing a dog could be to a cat, and kept going for Holly.

Anyway, name. Pup has been registered as 'Claret', which I've decided I like. I might call her 'Claret Rose' to personalise it, but call her 'Claret'. Quite nice for a ruby pup, I think, especially such a fizzy one! Unless there's a form of claret wine that's sparkling? Let me know...

Awwww!!!! :lotsaluv: I am soooo happy for you. Sounds like you had a great day and Claret is a lovely name for a girl ruby. :)

Nice name - you could have had Rose (pronounced rosay) - thats as close to fizzy red you'll get!

Enjoy your new pup! :flwr:

I love love love that name for a pup :) It's so elegant sounding but still has a devilish side. Perfect for the many faces of a cavalier :badgrin:

Actually, I prefer rose (rosay- can't get an accent) myself. That was my first idea, really, but when I checked there doesn't seem to be any such thing in the world of wine(ie, claret ros[ay]e). Which kinda makes sense... I think... but that doesn't matter, does it? :D She's gorgeous. Now my only real worry is how long it will take Holly to get over the white-eyed 'get this thing away from me' phase. To her credit, though, even when Claret's brother Coal (B/T) cornered her, she neither growled, snarled, or snapped. Just looked totally petrified!

I tthnk the wine is Mateus Rose - Tesco do their own version for about £3.99 - I think you should go buy yourself a bottle an celebrate choosing such a goregous and sophisticated name of Claret!!

- oh and don't forget more pictures please!!! ;) :p ;)

Oh, I didn't choose it. So much for soiphistication, eh? :lol: The breeders registered her under that name, and since Claret had been one of the options proposed here in my other thread, I decided it was fate :lol: It does suit her.

...but a bottle of rose when she comes home is sounding like a very good idea. Just need to keep it away from Holly, who has a definite taste for wine- she's always licking the top of empty bottles and some of my bad friends have been known to give her their wine covered fingers to lick :yikes

ETA: My parents have thrown me off 'Claret' as a call name :? Partly because my mum mistook it for 'Carrot' the first time I said it- and if I'm really enunciating 'Claret' so it sounds like 'Carrot' it probably isn't a good idea! Strangely enough, they liked 'Katie Scarlett' when I quoted it from someonw here. I can say 'Katie' easily enough. Maybe a spin by calling her 'Katie Claret' or is that totally wacky? :shock: :shock:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
There is quite a number of people liking the wine theme, me included.

Back