• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Not happy!

Harry & Heidi's mom

Hi,

Since i collected Harry from the boarding kennels on saturday he's had the runs ever since!
i explained to the kennels that harry has a sensitive tummy so i provided his own food that he's been having at home without problems.
is there anything else that causes upset tummys?

Off to complain to kennel manager now :x

I am not an expert at this but I am guessing there are a lot more things that can cause an upset tummy. If any of the dogs were sick or somthing that were being boarded they could have easily passed it on. Maybe he's stressed out? How old is Harry? Have you gotten him checked for internal parasites? I am just throwing out possibilities..
Good luck! :)

When we dogsit for people, every now and then the dog will get the runs even though we require that the people furnish their own food. I believe it's due to stress from being in a different environment. It normally goes away in a couple days. Just keep a close eye on him and bring him to the vet if it doesn't show signs of getting better in a couple days.

As said above...it could just be the stress of being in a different environment. My guys can get the runs just from a change in routine...until they get used to it. I wouldn't feel too bad. It doesn't necessarily mean that he wasn't having a good time...it was just different.

Harry's mom said:
Hi Donna, Harry is fine now :D

Misty, it wasn't in durham but a very well known kennels in washington!

OMG - THE POSH ONE??? :shock:

Cailean boarded for a week in Durham a couple of years ago and he came back with kennel cough. They hadn't bothered to tell me..... either that or they hadn't even noticed. :(

Back