PDA

View Full Version : We came back from holiday with some "extra" luggag

Nicki
25th September 2006, 02:47 PM
Extra as in EXTRA Special...

Jack would like to introduce his half sister {and Rupert's 1/4 niece - I think !!}

KYLA

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/RupertsMum/Jack_Kyla.jpg

Ignore the face Jack is pulling, he's really pleased to see her!

Kyla is 6 1/2, she is retired from breeding and showing and we are extremely honoured that she has come to live with us.

She is so beautiful, we both just adore her, such a gentle nature too. She is very precious.

Kyla is settling really well, eating well - always a good sign! - and getting on great with the boys. Rupert is really quite taken with her, so we're thrilled, we're really hoping that they will bond well.

Rupert finds the younger boys a bit boisterous sometimes and missed having a quieter companion to cuddle up with, which persuaded us that we could go up to 4 - having declared 3 to be our limit!!

Kyla is very deaf {Rupert is totally deaf} and I think that is helping them to bond.

More photos to follow...

Will try to catch up with everyone's news over the next few days....goodness you've been busy whilst I was on holiday!!

Mary
25th September 2006, 02:58 PM
Wonderful news Nicki! Kyla is a beauty. Congratulations.

Alison_Leighfield
25th September 2006, 03:41 PM
icon_welcome to your new baby, :lotsaluv:

:mexwav: :mexwav: :mexwav:

:w*w: , what a beauty, :luv:

(I just hope that my little suitcase of lovliness soon wings her way down to me when she has finished her maternity duties!!!..... :luv: ....Kayla has a sister called "Ellis" who is Whitneys older half sister and she will shortly be coming to live with us!)

Happy days Nicki :lotsaluv: xxx

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Claire
25th September 2006, 03:54 PM
Extra Special dog to an EXTRA SPECIAL PERSON!!!!!!
*ng*l

Maxwell&me
25th September 2006, 03:57 PM
SHES A DOLL FACE!
Congrats.....!!!!!!!!

Cathy T
25th September 2006, 04:27 PM
Nicki - what wonderful and fun news!! She is adorable. So glad Rupert now has a mellow buddy to lounge around with. This is just so exciting!

misty
25th September 2006, 06:33 PM
Well you know I think she's beautiful, Nicki :D :D

And Alison, what's all this I hear? :)

Cathy Moon
25th September 2006, 06:33 PM
Nicki,
She is a beautiful, beautiful girl! Congratulations on your new addition! cl*p

merlinsmum
25th September 2006, 06:38 PM
Wow, great news Nikki - she's adorable and so nice for Rupert to have a lounging friend. ;)

You even got Alison to let out her little secret! :jump:

Nicki
25th September 2006, 09:00 PM
Yes and it's all Alison's fault that we've got her!!! Just kidding sweetheart, you know how grateful I am and how guilty I'm feeling that I've got my new baby first again :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Thank you so much everyone...we are really thrilled with her.

I confess to say it wasn't really planned, we weren't even considering another...but sometimes these things are meant to be. Alison is having Kyla's litter sister in about 6 months {when she finishes "maternal duties"} and sent me the photo of Ellis...she was just beautiful, and my hubby said that if Alison didn't want her, we'd have her!! I wasn't sure if he was joking or not to start with! :D

We started thinking about it, and thought how lovely it would be for Rupert to have a companion....and that an older, quieter girl would fit in very well and wouldn't really be very much more work...

I would have loved one of the NESSR rescue pups, but Rupert wouldn't have coped...he's not been that well over the last week or so, and cries if anyone bounces anywhere near him. I don't think he'd manage with a pup hanging off his ears!!

Kyla's GrandSire is Rupert's Sire...a famous Champion dog I met once and just adored, and have always wanted another going back to his line as they are very special....have wonderful temperaments.

Maxxs_Mummy
25th September 2006, 11:32 PM
Nicki,

So glad you are all home safe and well again :D What does Roops think of Kyla then? I'm so pleased you've got her as I know how excited you and hubby were about getting her :D

Alison can't wait to get Ellis either. Just hope her maternal duties go well and she has a good pregnancy and whelping :D If Whits is anything to go by, the other two are gorgeous.

Can't wait to get Whits here for a week whilst her family go off sunning themselves :lol: Maxx thinks she's soooooooooooooooo delicious :l*v:

Cathy Moon
26th September 2006, 01:39 AM
:D We're so happy for BOTH of you, Nicki and Allison.

I just showed Colin the photo of Kyla, and he thinks she's lovely, too!

Charleen
26th September 2006, 02:01 AM
Congratulations on the 4th cavalier. Kyla is absolutely beautiful.

Linda
26th September 2006, 02:03 AM
:w**h**: :w**h**:

icon_welcome Kyla

Oh Nicki she is a true sweetheart, she also has such a gentle face like Rupert. How did you all manage that long ride, I am so happy for you
and if anybody can be handling four darlin it is you.

Allison told me about Ellis, I was so happy for her too you both deserve to have cleared and healthy babies.

I also hope Ellis's pregnancy goes well, so dear Alison can get her sooner.

Now how is my Tedbear with Kyla and Jack pretending to snoot her. Naughty boy. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

She is probably spoiled rotten, being the only lass in the house. :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

I want to see all those holiday pictures before you leave again. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

arasara
26th September 2006, 04:15 AM
oh wow@!! What a wonderful bit of extra luggage to come back with!! I keep dreaming of going home to washington and finding a lucky star dog along the way.. lol I can dream, cant I? :)

That's so great that you've gotten a friend for roops. It's also nice they are family!!

She's such a beautiful girl with a wonderful face. I really really think she's pretty.

Thanks for sharing Nicki and I can't wait to hear stories of she and Rupert playing together and sleeping on each other!! :)

Karlin
26th September 2006, 04:38 AM
Great news!! :jump: Isn't it funny how there's often room for just ONE more cavalier... :lol:

Alison_Leighfield
26th September 2006, 10:40 AM
MMmmmmmm..... funny how that happens!

but whats one more set of paws when you already have 12! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Maxxs_Mummy
26th September 2006, 01:07 PM
Oh I couldn't agree more - I keep telling hubby that four more paws wouldn't make much difference - he doesn't agree though :( Personally, I think he's just scared that I'll keep getting more dogs and there won't be any room left for him - we already tell him off when he moves us further over the bed so that he can get in :lol:

misty
26th September 2006, 04:07 PM
Oh I couldn't agree more - I keep telling hubby that four more paws wouldn't make much difference - he doesn't agree though :( Personally, I think he's just scared that I'll keep getting more dogs and there won't be any room left for him - we already tell him off when he moves us further over the bed so that he can get in :lol:

Yes, I think Simon's also scared that I won't stop at 'just one more'. To be fair, up until a year ago, Cailean was our only Cav. I'd had to let Declan go to my ex-husband when we divorced, but when his circumstances changed, I got Deccie back :) :) :).

So by default, Simon gained another Cavi. So of course when Dec went to the bridge, it was no problem persuading him to get another one.

Fingers crossed here for another one, some day ;)

Nicki
26th September 2006, 05:41 PM
I will put some up properly in another thread...together with some of their Mum too, but this is the link to photos of Alison's Ellis...Kyla's sister...

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AaMnDFo5Zs2LnQ

Isn't she just beautiful?? :lotsaluv: :lotsaluv:

Denise G.
26th September 2006, 07:36 PM
Such lovely ladies!! Congrats to you and Allison!

pippa
26th September 2006, 08:59 PM
She is beautiful!

Kingofthehouse86
27th September 2006, 02:41 AM
Nicki she i absolutely gorgeous...wat a cute face :flwr: :w*w: :mexwav: :jmp: hope to see more :snap:

misty
27th September 2006, 02:26 PM
wow - Ellis looks like a bundle of wags :D

Claire
27th September 2006, 02:34 PM
What a beautiful girl... I wish Woody had feathers, etc.....like that.

Alison_Leighfield
27th September 2006, 02:46 PM
Yes Fran, :flwr:

Ellis has tons of energy left yet, :lol: she looks a right busy body!

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Remali
28th September 2006, 03:39 AM
Oh she is really a pretty girl! I love the picture, they look so cute together. I have to ask you, what kind of camera do you have? Your photos are stunning! Are you a professional photographer? Hope you don't mind me asking.....I like photography and it is one of my hobbies, and I have noticed your photos before, they're beautiful and well-done!

Alison_Leighfield
28th September 2006, 08:31 AM
Well she should be!!! :flwr:

That girl has talent behind the lens!!! :w*w: :snap:

Her hubby is excellent as well, recon you could do a fab calender for Cavaliers between the pair of you especially with all the breath taking scenery up where you live...perhaps a few penguins in the background as well!!!

Could lend you Whits and Ellis......... :lotsaluv: he, he!

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

molly+charlies mum
28th September 2006, 11:21 PM
:p what a pretty girl she is the photo of them both is lovely . cavtiny ..

Nicki
28th September 2006, 11:28 PM
Could lend you Whits and Ellis......... :lotsaluv: he, he!

Hmmm there's a thought...do you think you'd get them back??? :badgrin: :badgrin:

I know we're a long way North, but there's no penguins sadly :lol: :lol:

Thank you for the lovely comments...blushing now ;)

Renee, photography is our main hobby after the Cavaliers - and combining the two is wonderful of course!!

I have a Canon EOS 350D, which is a smallish digital SLR, hubby has a Canon EOS 1Ds which is a professional digital SLR - he takes his photography very seriously and has sold some photos.

We did have some photos in claendars produced by TRPD this year...which was very exciting, and have also had a photo of Rupert's litter in the Humberside Cavalier Rescue calendar in the past...

I love your avatar...what camera do you have?

This is another of Kyla, the "special effect" was caused by the lens misting - so things don't always go to plan!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/RupertsMum/birthdayparty.jpg

Remali
29th September 2006, 02:23 AM
Hi Nicki, well you really do have talent for taking photos! I love Canons, wouldn't mind having one! I used to have an old Minolta XG-7 SLR, but unfortunately it was stolen, I sure do miss that camera, and the zoom lens too! Right now I have a Sony Cyber-shot P73, I like it, but would prefer to get something that I could do more with, another SLR maybe. I took the photo of Bentley with the Sony, I made some goofy noises and got him to sort of cock his head for me for a bit, LOL!

Nicki
29th September 2006, 07:17 PM
I started off on a Canon compact and that got me properly interested...to the point of needing an SLR to do what I want to do...

very keen on landscapes, esp water {and waterfalls!}, macro particularly flowers and fungi and night photography...long exposures. When I sort out the holiday photos I'll put some up!!

LOL at the goofy noises, I've been known to do everything from "pssht" to mooing to get their attention :yikes :lol:

That Sony looks a good compact - I do like Sony, am very impressed with the reviews on their SLR, but we are already commited to Canon...have the lenses etc.

I'm very tempted by the new Canon 400D - bigger screen and a sensor dust cleaning system...will have to start saving!!

Remali
30th September 2006, 01:33 AM
The goofy noises always work great don't they?! I had to laugh when you said that you even did mooing...lol! To get my horse's attention I resort to props like umbrellas and plastic bags too. The dogs are easy to do, but my rabbit is still a challenge, he just does whatever he wants to do and hops away! lol!

Awww....yes, me too....I love getting out and doing landscapes. How I wish we had some waterfalls nearby! The trees here are really starting to turn gorgoeus colors, so tomorrow I am going out with a friend and we are going to get some shots of the fall colors.

judy
30th September 2006, 09:45 AM
oh my...
i didn't even know you were expecting. :)
in the photo, i thought jack looked as though he was proud to show kyla off. I thought he was being snooty to everyone else, not to her. Like, "look what i've got!"

and Alison.... :) great news. my favorite photo is the one of ellis looking up with the light on her face--it reminds me of cathy moon's previous avatar of geordie, a real favorite cavalier photo of mine, i had to get a copy of it from her after she changed her avatar.

i just got a canon digital automatic that has a few manual settings. i love photography, though a lifelong novice. my favorite subject is dogs, especially zack, especially in motion, and i've discovered that i have a love for capturing lit doorways on my walks in the neighborhood at night, i love the contrast of dark and light, the warmth of a lit doorway or porch surrounded by blackness in the night, and the sillouetted plants and windchimes and things.

Alison_Leighfield
30th September 2006, 10:07 AM
Judy,

OMG I nearly fell off the chair... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

good job I went back and read it a 2nd time.......I thought someone was having a baby!!! then I realised you were talking about Jack....not Nicki!

Phew......cool down again now :sl*p:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Nicki
30th September 2006, 10:57 AM
Judy,

OMG I nearly fell off the chair... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Poor hubby nearly had a heart attack :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good job he knows the only babies in this house have four paws and waggy tails!!

Jack is VERY pleased to have his sister here...he goes over and checks up on her when she's in the garden, it's really sweet.

Judy, glad you're "light obessessed" too!! It's our first topic of conversation in the morning here :lol:

We'll have to start another thread and put up some photos...

rory
30th September 2006, 05:24 PM
Congratulations, Nikki!!! She's gorgeous!! :D

Sally
1st October 2006, 12:06 AM
Kyla is gorgeous! She has lovely color and expression. Congratulations!

You're pictures are wonderful. Sadly, I've never had a knack for photography. I've tried, but I just don''t have an eye for it.

My friend, Julie, is phenomenal. I think you'd enjoy her work...here's a link- this page includes my favorite...purple cascade.

http://flickr.com/photos/jandimin/page19/

Congrats again on Kyla...can't wait to see more pictures. :D

Cathy Moon
1st October 2006, 03:08 AM
Wow, Sally, your friend's photos are fabulous! :flwr:

cecily
1st October 2006, 11:38 AM
Congratulation on Kyla, Nicki :flwr:
She's an absolute stunner 8)

I just LOVED your picture that you entered in the 'ears pose' theme. I thought it was a great stroke of luck the way you captured Rupert (I think?) shaking his head. Didn't realise you were semi-pro!! :lol: I love the one of Ellis moving also. Do you just use a slow shutter speed? I have a digital camera, which I find isn't that great for capturing images as it takes a second to take and then the moment has passed.

Nicki
1st October 2006, 05:09 PM
WOW Sally your friend's photos are fabulous...I love flower photography, it's quite hard to do so I'm very impressed with these.

Cecily, thanks for your comments, hubby is the semi-pro, it's more of a hobby for me though!!

Yes it was Rupert shaking his head, both of these are on a fast shutter speed, with a slow speed it would record as a blur - that's what we do for water shots.

A couple of Kyla from yesterday

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/RupertsMum/Kyla29090604.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/RupertsMum/AdjKyla293T0357.jpg

Karlin
1st October 2006, 05:24 PM
She is just yummy! :) How fun to have four... icon_whistling

merlinsmum
1st October 2006, 05:39 PM
Nikki, she is just beautiful!

Cathy T
1st October 2006, 09:30 PM
Wow...she is a stunner. That first one just really captures the epitome of Cavalier eyes.

judy
2nd October 2006, 05:13 AM
....Judy, glad you're "light obessessed" too!! It's our first topic of conversation in the morning here :lol:...

Nicki! If you love the contrast of dark and light, you know what that means don't you? You need a Tricolor cavalier! You must have one, they are striking to the photographer's eye, make sure to get plenty of white on yours. :) One more won't make a lot of difference at this point. You will thank me again and again. GO FOR IT!!!! ;) As a serious photographer, i know hubby will be thrilled, he will thank me too.
:lol:

Lani
2nd October 2006, 05:29 AM
Nicki, Kyla is just GORGEOUS. Love those pics you took of her yesterday. :lotsaluv:

Om's Mom
22nd November 2006, 04:09 AM
Oh, Nicki, Kyla is just yummy. Her eyes are beautiful. Liquid-y! I'm glad Rupert has a snuggle pal...a fur-sis to canoodle with!
So now you're a 16-paw family. Congrats!

Dorothy and Omlette
and Little Dickens at Rainbow Bridge