PDA

View Full Version : Hearts United for Animals, Midwest USA rescue - cavaliers

toblerone
26th September 2006, 09:25 PM
I had heard that Hearts United for Animals (a no-kill shelter in the midwest) had attended an auction from a kennel sale recently and that there would be some cavaliers posted.

Three cavaliers have been posted from this auction. They can be found at the following URL:

http://www.hua.org/dog-adoption4.html

Scroll through the pictures and you will find:

Sable http://www.hua.org/Dogs-For-Adoption/Sable.html

Shalyn http://www.hua.org/Dogs-For-Adoption/Shalyn.html

and

Sierra http://www.hua.org/Dogs-For-Adoption/Sierra.html

We adopted a cavalier, Toby, through HUA back in 1998 and he was a wonderful dog who just recently died. The time isn't right for us now but maybe someone else on the list might be interested.

Margaret
Newton, MA

Mic
26th September 2006, 09:51 PM
I'm so glad that a some of the dogs were rescued...and a handful of Cavaliers. When I found out about this "kennel closing auction," I contacted Lucky Star and offered to help since I live nearby. I don't know if they were able to attend and get any Cavaliers, but I hope so. I had a knot in my stomach all day.

Here is a partial list of the CKCS from the auction. A few other kennels consigned some of their dogs to the sale, so I think a total of 5 additional CKCS were auctioned.

So sad.
Mic

CAVALIER KING CHARLES

NO# Sex NAME D.O.B.
------------------------------------------------------------------
162 FE 2/5/06 HOUSLEY
Comments: ACA Reg. Color: Blenheim

163 FE GRANDVIEW'S LINDA 6/5/04
Comment: ARB Reg. Color: Tri-color

164 FE GRANDVIEW'S ASHER 7/6/03
Comments: ACA Reg. Color: Blenheim - Good mother, 6-8 puppies

165 FE GRANDVIEW'S ABBY 7/6/03
Comments: ACA Reg. Color: Blenheim - Good mother, 5-8-puppies

166 FE GRANDVIEW'S MISS PIGGY 5/16/03
Comments: ACA Reg. Color: Blenheim - LLW 4/06, 6 puppies

167 FE GRANDVIEW'S LIA 1/25/03
Comment: ACA Reg. Color: Tri-color - LLW 6/26/06, 6 puppies

168 FE GRANDVIEW'S LISA 1/25/03
Comments: ACA Reg. Color: Tri-color - LLW 8/11/06,7 puppies (sells with 2 male pups)

169 FE GRANDVIEW'S LILAC 1/25/03
Comments: ACA Reg. Color: Tri-color - LLW 7/27/06, 8 puppies

170 FE GRANDVIEW'S LILLY 1/25/03
Comments: ACA Reg. Color: Tri-color - Bred to Royal Major,due 9/11/06

171 FE GRANDVIEW'S BLOSSOM 12/16/02
Comment: ACA Reg. Color: Blenheim -Bred to Sir Charles, due 9/11/06

172 FE GENESIS MARY 1/6/02
Comments: ACA Reg. Color: Black and white - due in heat, good mother

173 FE GENESIS MARY MAGNALINE 1/6/02
Comments: ACA Reg. Tri-color-due in heat anytime, 6 pups last litter

174 FE RB'S MILLIE 12/18/04
Comments: ACA Reg. Color: Red and white -LLW 2/20/06, 4pups

175 FE HORTONS MARY B 1/24/04
Comment: ACA Reg. Color: Red,white - Bred 7/24/06

176 FE HORTONS MARY JO 1/24/04
Comments: ACA Reg. Color: Red,white - LLW 2/2/06, 6 pups

177 FE HORTONS LILLY 1/17/04
Comments: ACA Reg. Color: Black,tan,white -

178 MA GRANDVIEW'S SIR CHARLES II 4/19/05
Comment: ACA Reg. Color: Blenheim - Proven

179 MA SAL'S MAJOR ROYAL 4/8/03
Comment: ACA Reg. Color: Tri-color - Proven

180 MA GENESIS PAUL THE APOSTLE 5/27/02
Comment: ACA,uabr Reg. Color: Blenhaim,white -Proven, great stud dog
181 MA GENESIA JOSEPH 3/11/02
Com: ACA,UABR Reg. Blenheim-Proven, aggressive breeder, very gentle

182 MA SAL'S IRISH PUB 12/27/04
Comment: ACA Reg. Color: Tri-color - proven producer

matties mum
26th September 2006, 10:08 PM
:( all those lovely dogs what must they have been though :( Aileen

Maxxs_Mummy
26th September 2006, 10:29 PM
If only I oculd be left alone in a room with their tormentors for a few minutes....

Look forward to your new lives little ones, no more abuse or violence. Let's hope someone soon takes you home to a lifetime of love.

Wish I was in USA, I'd be fostering them...

Remali
27th September 2006, 12:49 AM
OMG I could just sit down and bawl my eyes out. How I would love to get my hands on those people who did that to those sweet precious dogs. I am so glad to hear that they are safe now and in a good place....if I had my own home (I rent right now so space here is limited to my 2 dogs) I would take all three of them! I wish I could take them all.

Alison_Leighfield
27th September 2006, 07:41 AM
On the tiny positive side at least Cavaliers get homes very fast...they fly out of our U.K shelter and rescue homes with people just waiting for them. Even with all the health problems that the breed endures there is always someone so willing to take them.

When you see the pictures of the little ones awaiting homes take some comfort that they are now free and in such good, caring hands.
These are the lucky ones. My heart and mind always wonders and fears for those still being caged and bred from.

I will never in my lifetime be able to understand why this kind of "work" is allowed to continue, it's so vile. There are simply not enough words to discribe my own feelings towards the people that do this "dog farming". May they be tormented for ever.

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

emsley
27th September 2006, 08:25 AM
I have looked at the phots and descriptions, and my heart is breaking
:(

Claire
27th September 2006, 11:28 AM
I am sorry but I don't think I can look - it amazes me that authorities do not have more power to do something about these people.....people are told not to by from pet shops, newspapers, etc. but they still do it and therefore giving these ***** a living. :(

Cathy T
27th September 2006, 04:11 PM
Little Shalyn has me in tears. Poor sweet baby!! Just breaks my heart into pieces :(

Maxxs_Mummy
27th September 2006, 11:32 PM
I am sorry but I don't think I can look - it amazes me that authorities do not have more power to do something about these people.....people are told not to by from pet shops, newspapers, etc. but they still do it and therefore giving these ***** a living. :(

Yeah and the authorities actually encorage it - allegedly the Welsh Assembly actually donates funds to the puppy farmers in Wales.

My own MP was so horrified by the information, links and photographs I sent to him that he promised to bring the matter up in Parliament and MP's meetings.

misty
28th September 2006, 09:58 AM
This is just heartbreaking. The first one looks so much like my Bradley.
I don't know what to say, really I don't.

Yeah and the authorities actually encorage it - allegedly the Welsh Assembly actually donates funds to the puppy farmers in Wales.

My own MP was so horrified by the information, links and photographs I sent to him that he promised to bring the matter up in Parliament and MP's meetings.

Is the Welsh Assembly autonomous do you know, Donna? Can Parliament do anything? If so, I'd love to send some info to our local MP.

I feel ashamed to admit it, but I know a fair amount about Welsh and Irish puppy farms, but not about England. I'd be very naive to imagine there are no puppy farm problems here.

merlinsmum
28th September 2006, 01:21 PM

I quite agree, I can't look - I find it difficult to read and look at the rescues and not jsut the cavs - I can't understand why people get dogs if they are just going to abandon them....

Claire
28th September 2006, 01:34 PM
Its like a new accessory for some people - like th Andrex puppy all very nice when cute then out the door when they are bigger.... :cry*ing:

Maxxs_Mummy
28th September 2006, 01:36 PM
Fran,

I'm not 100% sure. I have tried to find out as much as I can about them but the best description of it all that I can find is on wikipedia...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welsh_Assembly there is loads of info on it there.

I know when I brought it to the atention of Peter Luff, my local MP, he was appalled and was going to try and get something done.

I wish I knew whether the UK Parliament has much say or effect on the Welsh Assembly - I doubt it very much though.

I do however, think that it is going to take more than one person so the more that join the cause and petition them the better.

Still waiting for the Animal Welfare Bill to become law but I still think it needs more than a few amendments.

Mic
28th September 2006, 02:12 PM
Sable, the first rescue listed, has been adopted and is "homeward bound!"
:mexwav:

Here's some additional info...
Sable: Sable is a darling little pup. She is not even a year old, but has already known great sadness. It is obvious that she has not known the fun and adoration that a puppy should. She is enjoying her big spaces at HUA, her warm blankets, and people and other dogs to play with. She was so relieved to have her chains cut off. Perhaps it made her new life real to her and she knew that it meant she could stay here. It is wonderful to see her beautiful puppy personality emerge.

Shalyn: The little red Cavalier looked terribly injured. She tried to bury her head in the back corner of her cell. She refused to look at people even ones softly and gently calling to her. She just kept trying harder and harder to shove her head all the way into the corner made of wire and metal as if there would be an escape hole. It seemed that she was unable to stand but later it was learned that she could, she just didn't have the will. She was a thoroughly sad, beaten and petrified soul. The sight of any human made her want to crawl into a corner and die. She has the worst legs that HUA has ever seen and will be taken to the vet school in Manhattan Kansas for evaluation.

Sierra: Sierra has a sad look on her face. All she has known in her short life has been adversity. She had no bedding, no toys, and little interaction with humans other than to be slopped and hosed off like a farm animal. She has had no good reason, until now, to be the least bit cheerful. It will take awhile for Sierra to understand that things have truly changed for her and that she has every reason to be happy. She is starting to play with Sable and she truly loves her good food, soft blankets and the kind touch of a human.
The rescue operation: http://www.prisonersofgreed.org/Arkansas.html

I guess I'm so emotional about this auction since it was close to where I live. I wish there was something I could have done, but since there wasn't, I'm going to make a small donation to help offset Shalyn's medical expenses.

Mic

Cathy Moon
29th September 2006, 04:02 AM
I've been losing sleep over Shalyn, just thinking of her brings tears to my eyes. Thank God for these rescue groups - I cannot imagine what it must be like to be at these auctions. I'm going to become a buddy for some of these unfortunate pups.

Shame on these puppy mill owners - they deserve prison sentences or worse! :x

Sally
29th September 2006, 04:40 AM
Did you see Gregory? He's an English Toy. Reading his story makes my heart so heavy. It's just incomprehensible that people can treat pets like livestock (I don't even like livestock to be treated like livestock)
http://www.hua.org/Dogs-For-Adoption/Gregory.html

Lani
29th September 2006, 04:50 AM
Oh, this is just heartbreaking. And Gregory looks so sad ... :cry*ing:

I guess on the positive side ... It is so wonderful that these dogs got rescued and soon will have bright loving futures to look forward to to make up for some of the abuse and neglect they've been through. Thank goodness these groups exist to help some of them ... though I'm sure there are many more dogs just like Gregory and the Cavs that still need to be rescued. :(

Maxxs_Mummy
29th September 2006, 11:49 AM
Oh you know, I was only saying to Nicki last night that if I was in the USA I would just go and get Gregory. I have just fallen for that little man, he has the most darling little face and he looks so dejected and sad. I've tossed and turned into the small hours thinking about this little man since I saw his picture.

Mic
6th October 2006, 01:45 AM
I just got a sweet email from Hearts United for Animals.
Hi Mickey,

Just wanted to drop you a note and thank you so much for being Shalyn's Buddy! She is such a special girl. She will have her knee operation soon and we're hoping that will change her outlook on life. The poor thing is so sad and afraid. She is making steps every day though toward trusting us and loving us.

I'm not sure if you were the one who alerted Lee to the auction. If so we can't thank you enough. It was great to be able to rescue these poor souls.

You are a wonderful person for the animals! Thanks a million from HUA and from Shalyn.

Sincerely,

Lori
HUA volunteer

Cathy T
6th October 2006, 02:08 AM
What a nice note. I've chosen a buddy as well. Here is Yuki's story.

http://www.hua.org/Dogs-For-Adoption/Yuki.html

Sally
6th October 2006, 03:43 AM
I'm proud to show off my new buddy, Anemone! Poor sweet girl...I hope she learns the wonderful things life has to offer her...Isn't she a lovely little Affenpincher?

http://www.hua.org/Dogs-For-Adoption/Anemone.html

BrodieSkyward
6th October 2006, 06:03 AM
I just saw this for the first time and am so sick to my stomach and can't stop crying! Thank God for the folks who rescued these sweet babies! They are safe now and have a second chance! I have a new buddy now too...Paddy - a cute little rat terrier!

http://www.hua.org/Dogs-For-Adoption/Paddy.html

Maxxs_Mummy
8th October 2006, 06:42 PM
OMG Lynn how sweet is he? I've never even heard of a rat terrier before, let alone seen one. He really does look like an overgrown rat, bless him. :lotsaluv: